Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 51-55

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 51-55 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 51-55

Crazed
    none

JGZinv wrote:

The reason for Ryo-Ohki not being in Ai is kinda obvious if you consider something… kinda the inverse of the Kiyone situation.

It’s not meant to be Tenchi Muyo “Ryo-Ohki”…. it’s kind of a obvious smack against Kajishima without being verbalized.

lol

gendo1

GaianKnight wrote:

I really hope that isn’t the case. That’d be a real low-balsy move to pull, that’s just gonna piss off us Tenchi fans. Call me as such, if this all be the case. wtfisthis1

She’s appeared in Universe, Tokyo, and the Movies before, so I really don’t think this has anything to do with them trying to “smack” Kajishima. If he’s involved with her not being there at all it’s because Kajishima own’s the rights to her name since he has control of the “Ryo-Ohki” continuity, which means I could see him acting like somewhat of a man-child and not allowing them to use her because he owns the rights to her name due to the continuity he has control over.

I could be wrong, but Negishi did talk about an “old man” who’s been obstructing him and his young teams progress on his twitter. Again, I could be wrong but in 14.08 he admits to having nothing to do with this new series which is something he’s never done before. Once again, I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that if anybody he’s the one doing the “smacking” as far as Ryo-Ohki’s not being there is concerned.

Look at it this way as well. What would Ryo-Ohki do in this new series if she were here? Just sit and look on Sasami’s shoulder all the time and look cute? Sure, she’s done that before, but in the end they always use her for something else, mainly space travel. With the way things are going now it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if we see her here soon since now we’ll actually have a use for her gendo1

GaianKnight wrote:

And yeah, they are making Ryoko rather ‘neutered’ if they are not using her phasing abilities, for the sake of plot. Please writers, give us back the full bad arse Ryoko we all know and love/fear/cry/laugh at?

I fail to see how her not phasing through the ground makes her “neutered”. As far as her not being a “bad ass” she told Ukan that if she kept on going that she would “kill her where she stands” to which Ukan responds with “As expected of the space pirate, Ryoko”. Her reputation as a fearsome space pirate precedes her which is clearly proven as she attacks the GP S.W.A.T head on. In my opinion this show has has never once “neutered” any of the old girls. In fact, I believe it’s done it’s best to paint them in very positive way by any means necessary, including using the new girls to do it. This is probably the first time in 10+ years that we’ve actually seen any of the old girls acting like bad asses as opposed to sitting around on their asses and getting bitch slapped by everybody (OVA 3).

tldr: Thank you Ai, for being here!