Reply To: Wanderers vs.

Almael
    Well, I think the most commonality is the orchestrated goofing. As to basing comparison based on characters I’m not so much into this because character design mostly gets reused by all kinds of shows. The same goes for combinations thereof, hence , there’s a formula people often use. you will see a lot of similarities in any number of shows of the same genre. It’s not necessary a sure thing to based on is what I want to say.

I do think there is a major difference between El Harzard (Wanderers) and Tenchi in general. Tenchi is simplier unless you count in GPX and War on Geminar. In El Harzard there’s always danger looming over the world or local. There are the bugrom, other human nations plotting, the god-eye, monsters of old, etc. In Tenchi you got the “villain of the day” and once he’s taken care of it’s peace all around. In El Harzard getting rid of an enemy doesn’t remove the general danger it’s only one bad guy gone. Well, El Harzard doesn’t have the complicated family tree issues, though.