Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 56-60

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 56-60 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 56-60

WisperG
    Very cool to have an episode set back at the house. Overall, a very fun finale.

With Hana being president now, it does make me wonder if they remember Momo, or if its like she never existed?

Yay, Ryo-Ohki is alive after all! lol

Ukan wears that GP uniform well tuxedodouche , and at least Mihoshi seems to actually leave the house and go to work sometimes…

It’s interesting to see that Momo and Beni traveled to Earth and worked at the shrine, if not founded it themselves. But how did they know where to go? O.o This poses several new questions. Did they not know, and simply built a shrine in an ideal location that Tenchi’s ancestors just happened to take over? Are Beni and/or Momo actually Tenchi’s ancestors!?

And what was up with the visitors at the shrine? Man-Hachiko with (presumably) his wife, Hana and daughter, Touri. That was odd. The only possibly explanation I can think of is that it was to show that there are multiple iterations of everyone throughout time and space, and that these alternate iterations don’t necessarily have to be identical to the “present-day” versions like the previous feudal-era council trio was. If so, that bit of info feels rather… extraneous. Or maybe I’m just reading too much into it…

One thing I do find odd was the fact that Juraian politics never really came into play regarding Momo and Beni. Ayeka and Sasami never reacted to them either, and as far as I can remember their reasons for fleeing Jurai were never fully explained. It was just like, “oh, by the way, Momo is Juraian (and Beni too?) and she has a ship and a sword just like Tenchi’s. Those latter two things will be important later, but her nationality? Nah, you can forget about that. We’re not really going to talk about it again.”

Am I over-thinking this, or is that underground… thing Mihoshi was searching for a possible hint at a continuation? That bit felt kinda out-of-place, like it might’ve been important, but was downplayed by Mihoshi getting distracted by food.

And not to question the accuracy of the translation or discredit the work that was done on the subs, but was the elusive “Sou-sama” (did I spell that right?) actually a name that was mentioned, or was it a possible mistranslation? Or was it supposed to be Momo’s father, from the Jurai flashback? If so, the show didn’t do a very good job of making that clear.