Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 56-60

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 56-60 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 56-60

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none
    This series was so much fun! I can’t believe a Tenchi series was fun for me again! The ending of Ai was maddeningly enticing:

Though in Universe continuity (if I recall) it’s implied that Yosho brought the “Jurai element” to the Masaki shrine, here it is highly suggestive that Beni and Momo founded it! (This lends more credence in my opinion that Ai is indeed in its own sandbox as a separate continuity, but perhaps there’s room in Yosho’s recounting from Universe for the possibility of an earlier Jurain encounter that assimilated with Terran culture, which he then adapted to easily.) What’s more, unless Tenchi keeps his sword on him at all times (plausible) there’s even room to suggest that Momo’s “Tenchi-ken” is actually Tenchi-ken, albeit from a different era (though again this could also work for separate series angle, in Universe I don’t recall the sword being explicitly bonded to a particular tree, as in OVA (it was used to thwart Haruna, but not necessarily bonded to her), thus there’s “room” for such in Negishi’s canon).

Thank you 1,000x to the translation team for the incredible effort: you’ve effectively brought the latest installment of the franchise to the West, and it’s not gone unnoticed (ahem, tweet tweet).