Reply To: The Second Ryo-Jurai War

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction The Second Ryo-Jurai War Reply To: The Second Ryo-Jurai War

evilpii
    Participant
    none

evilpii wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

I’m saying YES! to all of this, but actually I’m also like NOOOOO because of the severity of what is to come, and the fact that Ryua (in pii’s continuation, Ryoko’s race) and Jurai going to war is a terrible wedge between two main characters (while cleverly being their conflict escalated on a galactic scale).

Your perception serves you well, Who. However, as Ryoko is the rebellious sort a priori, and never mentioned her heritage in Universe ever, one thinks she has little love lost with her people as a whole. That’s not to say Jurai will welcome her with open arms either. Kiyofacepalm1

mitsuki lover wrote:

IIRC correctly there wouldn’t be much love lost between the people of Jurai and Ryoko in the first place considering what she done when she was a space pirate in the actual canon.

I assume this is the line to which you are referring. Where I was going with this was that Ryoko, the way I’m playing her, is a woman without a country. She rejects her own race and heritage, even weds a Juraian prince. However, due to her piratical days as well as the heritage she rejects, part of Jurai won’t immediately take her either. Earth really is her home and refuge.

However, in said canon (that damned word), Ryoko has been an active participant in many events which have benefited the crown: the defeat of Kagato’s coup d’etat (Universe), facing Kain in 1970 (TMiL1), as well as the nonsense I have written. Notably, in Universe episode 24, Azaka and Kamidake, who arguably represent Jurai’s honor and nobility, respect and commend Ryoko. I reference also Hexagram of Love, where Azusa names Ryoko a friend of the crown, provided she leaves her past behind her.

Ryoko’s allegiances are not simple, and I believe they are an avenue to be explored in more depth. I have plans for such speculation in Homecomings Chapters 4 and 5.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Of course Aeka would probably at this time have gotten past her jealousy of Ryoko’s relationship

with Aeka,along with the fact that Sasami would be acting as mediator between the two.

I think you mean “Ryoko’s relationship with Tenchi“, but you’re mostly right. However, I doubt Sasami would have anything to do with it. I would think that two grown women who have demonstrated a strong friendship, however strained by romantic nonsense, could sort their affairs without some outside mediator. I reference TMiL2, one of my great inspirations for writing Homecomings in the first place. A reason I split them up into two stories was to give them time to reflect and mature a bit before they saw one another again. Chapter 4 of Homecomings, both of them, has been planned for some time to have Ryoko and Ayeka discussing that very issue with one another. Naturally, there is that scene between Tenchi and Ayeka to rewrite as well.

mitsuki lover wrote:

Plus

Aeka being the stubborn person she is would probably force at least her closest advisors to

accept Ryoko,war or no war with her people.

Oh, of that I am certain. However, I do have an ulterior method to force the Juraian brass to tolerate Ryoko, using everything I’ve been building up for her. That will be a point in Homecomings: Masaki Chapter 5, whenever I get there.

mitsuki lover wrote:

I wonder how much influence Tenchi will have in Aeka’s actions and decision making process during this war.

A point I do hope to make in Homecomings: Jurai is that part of Ayeka’s heart will always love Tenchi, much like in TMiL2. However, while his counsel might carry significant weight, she must make decisions for the benefit of her people, not herself. In wartime, she will likely have to send her friends, even family, into harm’s way. I could imagine her agonizing over a decision to send Tenchi, Ryoko, or even one of their children on a dangerous errand. I believe there is quite a bit of drama to be had here.