Reply To: Tenchi Masaki Kami Tenchi

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Tenchi Masaki Kami Tenchi Reply To: Tenchi Masaki Kami Tenchi

ChaudSept

Quote:

However, I will admit that I am not a fan of godlike characters usually. If the protagonist can wave his hand and resolve any problem, there is no conflict. There is no plot. How can a character develop if there are no trials to overcome, no day to save, no dilemma to understand?

Absolutely, if the main caractere are all Deus-ex-machina-people, there’s no point of telling their stories. But, it’s on the very end that the Tenchi-family become “invicible”. Therefore, has an ending of the show, i found this quite relevant.

I think we all agree that Kajishima’s universe is finished (almost ?), and if it is really finished then “kami-tenchi” makes a good end, to me.

Quote:

I have enjoyed speculating about this image, though I have always thought Ryoko only had two Light Hawk Wings. Much like Tenchi in the image you posted, Chaud, I think what is being seen here are feather-like or wing-like protrusions that make two wings seem far more impressive.

I read the Sum-up of Jurai, and i was really disapointed that we don’t have anymore details about Ryoko. She is the cover of the book, yet we don’t learn anything. (Except she kick Azusa’s butt).

Quote:

Sadly, we have never seen Ryoko’s speculated ability to create Light Hawk Wings, nor do I expect to see it in the near future.

Hum, OVA 2 : Here comes Jurai part 1. Funaho says that seeing all the damage that Ryoko caused to the planet, it is most likely the Gems can create the LHW. We never saw Ryoko do it, but if the gems can, she can as well.