Reply To: Anime Challenge~

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Anime Challenge~ Reply To: Anime Challenge~

WisperG
    DAY 9

I’ve been a Pokemon fan for what feels like eons now, so I feel like I may have had a bit of a crush on Clair and/or Officer Jenny at some point. But I don’t exactly remember…

The first one I definitely do remember was busty ninja-babe Kaede Nagase from Negima blush1
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7100/7365340094_37dd3eb1f1_b.jpg" />
    http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/s_gold_pactio_card_3639.JPG" />

DAY 10

This… is a really hard question. I love anime and animation in general, but I’m not sure I’ve really been changed as a person by it. Or if I have, maybe I just haven’t noticed. It’s a big part of my life now, but I’ve mostly just viewed it as hobby up until now. So while I don’t know if I can name specific show, being a part of the anime fandom in general has definitely had a positive effect on me, such as helping me find friends at places like Tenchiforum that I can share my interests with. I don’t know many people in real life that are into anime.

DAY 11

Short answer: no. I don’t find that stuff appealing. I can tolerate elements of it or subtext popping up in shows I’m watching or if it’s just played for laughs or something, but I just can’t watch a dedicated yaoi/yuri show that takes itself seriously.

DAY 12

There are a lot of shows that I love the OP/ED of, but if we’re talking full soundtracks in general I’ve gotta go with, surprise, surprise… Evangelion. It’s one of the few anime I actually own a soundtrack CD for.

My 2nd place runner-up would be Fooly Cooly. Gotta love that Pillows music. I really should buy a CD for that sometime.

3rd would be GITS SAC (2nd Gig being another show I own the soundtrack for).

DAY 13

My favorite seiyuu is probably… Joji Nakata. He has such an epic voice. Being mostly a dub guy, I’ve only heard him in a few roles (mostly Type-Moon stuff), but he’s always the highlight of whatever Japanese dub I come across him in. The fact that he had a role in the Japanese version of SWAT Cats also earns him some brownie points from me.

As for English VA’s, Steve Blum, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, and Crispin Freeman are 3 of my personal favorites. They always bring a smile to my face when I hear them in a show I’m watching.