Reply To: Anime Challenge~

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Anime Challenge~ Reply To: Anime Challenge~

WisperG
    DAY 14

This one is tough. There are several that I, and most others, love to hate but there are very few anime characters that I truly despise. I’m struggling to think of names.

I guess… Lady Une from Gundam Wing, but only half the time. People who’ve seen the show know what I mean. Whenever her hair was in those buns and she was wearing her glasses, I hated her guts.

As for characters I love to hate. Definitely Izaya Orihara from Durarara and Monokuma from Danganronpa.

DAY 15

Cha-cha-cha-cheating.

Oh man, there are so many scenes I can think of that can fall under each, but the one scene that really stands out in me head as both epic and shocking is Third Impact, the climax of The End of Evangelion. The end of the world has never been so beautiful, yet so unsettling at the same time.

Runner-ups for epic scenes would be the finale’s of both FLCL and Diebuster.

Also, the Shirou vs Archer fight towards the end of Fate UBW. It may not have happened yet in the TV series (so if you don’t want to know the participants of this fight, don’t click the spoiler), but it has been animated already in the old UBW movie. I can’t wait to see that scene in Ufotable-quality animation.

And for a slightly more recent example, the Dollars meet-up in Episode 11 of Durarara. That was so cool. Namie’s reaction was priceless.

As for shocking scenes, The Eclipse from Berserk takes the cake, as do the murder scenes from most arcs of Higurashi: When They Cry.

DAY 16

Aw man, another tough one. I’d probably have to go with… Shinra x Celty as one of my favorite couples.

I’m also partial to Naruto x Hinata.

DAY 17

I can cheat a bit with Fate since there are 3 different routes, each with a different heroine, so technically this is pseudo-canon. I ship Shirou x Sakura so hard. I won’t go into specifics because of spoilers, but I will say that after everything this girl has been through she deserves her happy ending with Shirou.