Reply To: Tenchi And The 1990s

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Tenchi And The 1990s Reply To: Tenchi And The 1990s

Anonymous

VyseLegendaire wrote:

Neither is Obamacare which is actually a tax on the residual wealth of Americans just at the time as their savings is decreasing and going towards food and gas which are taking up a greater portion of their income as before, during this recession/depression. Blood from a stone.

Please do not bring politics into this discussion or onto this board.

SilverWhisper wrote:

Comparing post-1970s Miyazaki material with conventional anime is like comparing water to Coke, which effectively puts Tenchi even higher.

So basically everything Ghibli has ever done, including Nausicaa? lol I don’t see how that makes Tenchi look better

SilverWhisper wrote:

I usually trust Anime News Network the most for ratings, because they use multiple averages with algorithms to remove bias and the impact of up/downvoting. Regardless, it’s consistently rated on ANN, with OVA 2 and the specials also around the same. This means many people have rated each segment rather than only rating OVA 1 in regards to the entire series.

For shiggles, I decided to do the math and include ANN’s rating numbers, as well as Myanimelist’s, (also a point of note, for the Anime Planet ratings in my original post, I removed the ratings associated with the “Want to Watch” and the “Won’t Watch” category so that much like MAL and ANN, it was only based on user who had actually rated it and not just “seen”)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Dagon123/Graphs_zpsr9sraine.png" />

It’s funny to note that the ratings and places associated with each anime almost doesn’t change, and in one case identical, so while you may use ANN, it is in no way better or more accurate overall than either of the other 2 sites, in fact really all it does is show that most people don’t use it.