Reply To: Pros and Cons of the Tenchi-Verses

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Pros and Cons of the Tenchi-Verses Reply To: Pros and Cons of the Tenchi-Verses

ChaudSept

mitsuki lover wrote:

As far as cons go…well…I think the entire harem thing can get too overdone at times and Tenchi

does seem to be overly wishy washy over the whole thing..the boy needs to really make a decision

between Aeka and Ryoko and stop acting like a bowl of jello.

It’s true that anyone who hate (like really hate) harem stuff shouldn’t like Tenchi that much.. Even though i didn’t have a big harem-feel watching OVA1 or TU.

For GXP or WoG, well the feeling was here..

About Tenchi in Tokyo :

Pros: – It changes the atmosphere, after TU and OVA123 who were *kinda* similar, it’s refreshing to see a really different storyline.

– The tenchi x ryoko relationship is well developed in this arc, with the date and all, there is somehow a feel a achievement after all this year wishing to see them closer together…

It’s true that in Negishi’s universe, the Ryoko + Tenchi love is implicite, but in Tokyo i feel that it is more real.

Cons : – I think i started enjoying the show after something like episode 14… The show takes ages to start !

– Sometimes it was too goofy for me. I mean ok it’s funny, but seeing Aeka and Ryoko overdeformed 24/7 pissed me off.