Reply To: Kajishima Onsen 15.03 + Special – Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel Kajishima Onsen 15.03 + Special – Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4 Reply To: Kajishima Onsen 15.03 + Special – Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 4

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

Marty Kirra wrote:

If OVA4 even touches that “-If-” bullshit then I’m super done.

That will definitely soil the franchise until someone with more tact can direct a new series or a sequel to Universe. OKUDA COME FROM THE SHADOWS AND SAVE TENCHI.

OVA 4? Fine, I wanna’ see where this could possibly go from here plot-wise. Ryo-Ohki/Tenchi “litter” of furry kids? Here’s my moderator badge, I’m taking an early retirement. 😆

I actually think a great idea would be something that either instead of, or in addition to, anything else coming down the pike, what you said Marty: it’s Okuda’s turn! Who wouldn’t have fun with that?

To stay on topic, I’ll come back around by saying that as of right now, to my knowledge, we haven’t heard anything supplementary to this fan-fueled social media fervor from AIC officially regarding what exactly is being produced. Will this be complimentary to anything Negishi might announce in the next month around the theatrical screening of TMiL? Is this what he was planning to announce, and consequently he’d be a part of it? Is there anything Ryo-Ohki-related actually going to be animated, or is this another case of tongue-in-cheek Kajishima calling doujins “If” and placing a little question mark within the title and basically…ending every title like a question? With an upward inflection? At the end of every sentence? “Hey guys, OVA 4 is going to be in production(?) Wouldn’t that be…err, I mean, isn’t that cool(?)”

[BBvideo]http://youtu.be/tqNhEzrWQpY[/BBvideo]

(Not very tactful, you might say? Since when has Kajishima cared about tact? Negishi himself said after requesting and insisting on meeting the man whom he respects on some level after so many years of working on Tenchi, Kajishima didn’t say so much as a word to him: the man basically had to be dragged in by AIC to do a meet-and-greet with a fellow professional, but it was so forced it was akin to a delinquent kid’s resentful, insincere apology after some sort of churlish chicanery.)

I am fully prepared to stick my foot waaay in my own mouth, eat my own words, etc., but here’s Who’s weather forecast: Kajishima’s going to continue the Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki a.k.a. OVA story line in written and illustrated form, at the very least, because he can control that himself; if AIC won’t bite, at least he can keep doing that.

If (a bigger one than Kaji’s) OVA 4 is being produced by AIC, these stipulations will very likely accompany it:

1. It’s not going to be verbatim what we’ve seen in his doujins thus far, for a myriad of reasons. Granted, if – IF – was only meant to be a treatment/teaser/presentation to AIC, that’s an explanation and excuse for why its content was so scant: but if proceeding to an anime/OVA, there’s got to be a LOT more going on than that (antagonists, plot, etc.).

AND

2. As with the franchise in days of yore, OVA will be accompanied by other incarnations such as a continuation of Ai, TMiL 3, and/or a Universe-esque TV adaptation/reboot. If they’re going to go all-in monetarily, they might as well use this multi-pronged approach to try and appease the many different tastes out there.

OR

Alt 2. OVA 4 won’t be just Kajishima’s very expensive personal playground anymore, and the likes of Negishi and who-knows-else will be brought on to continue Tenchi together in an attempt at a harmonious and coherent continuation of the original continuity.

Will AIC learn from its mistakes, or repeat the recent past? Let’s see!