Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?) Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

segaman4 wrote:

Oh boy not noike. But thats kajishima for you. I really hope its an impro ment from the 3rd one.

Considering it is Kajishima, the same one that is making the doujins of War on Geminar and the original gang, more than likely: No. Every time, every time that I get excited for something new by Kajishima, like the doujins, I hope it is like a new continuity, reboot, or retcon. But it never happens and continues to build on the same continuity that everyone mostly do not like anymore.

Someone entirely new, preferably a fan, director would have to make a new take on the Tenchi story. Hiroshi and Okuda, the few people that actually had good stories of the Tenchi franchise are gone. It is a risk to bring in someone new, as they could make Tenchi into a modern fanservice generic harem show, that is the norm now, mostly. But one guarantee that we can rest on, no one is going to make a storyline where the guy is doing everyone’s mom rageblow1 .

If or when a new story is made, the everyone is going to pick at it regardless, so the only thing we can hope for is that the story is palpable enough to endure the migraines of watching new Tenchi stuff.