Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?) Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Probably will not see anything in the near 2-4 year future any time soon. Ai is taking it’s run this year and is going to take it’s soak up it’s time. Even if Kajishima announces something new being made, it’s going to take awhile because it’s Kajishima. Anything that he makes is according to his mind and when it’s made fast, that means he did half-*** job with it like OVA 3 and GXP.

Ultimately, if Kajishima is still wanting to do Tenchi for the rest of his life, then that is how it will be. What he wants to make to satisfy to his mind and what other people want of it and want to cut out to fit them. My Knowledge of what I heard on the podcasts is that Kajishima is only focused on Tenchi storylines and nothing else. There’s nothing new from him, he is trying to make an old dog which he put down do new tricks that no one likes and makes them not want to watch anymore. I know that sounds bad, but to me that is how it is, Kajishima is not letting go of Tenchi and everyone else, like Hiroshi Negishi, did what they could and jumped ship.

The only way for Tenchi to get a chance and possibly be saved from Kajishima is if someone wrestles for it and makes it theirs. Everything is usually judged on appearances, if someone states that it is them doing Tenchi and not Kajishima whatsoever then there will be no association. The other thing would be for said someone to make a story passable enough that gets a “Okay-ish” response. After everything Tenchi has been through, “okay-ish” is at least a good sign of it. Of Course then there is one variable that needs to be taken in to account: most of the new generation has never heard of a 20 year obscure franchise, so the series gets a fresh start by default.

For everyone that is still a fan of Tench, once we hear something, all of us will come and be all over, kinda like the old people that say to the kids that their generation was the best, over and over again. Most likely Kajishima would try and come out when the new series not made by him would be out, and try to introduce his Tenchi. If someone actually sees him do one thing only to stop him: TACKLE HIM.