Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?) Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

susano

Shounenbat wrote:

I had no idea that Kajishima is working solely on Tenchi stuff to the exclusion of any new projects! That’s almost obsessive, and I don’t mean it in a good way.

I’m kind of odd in that I think the OAV series still has life left in it, even after that awful OAV 3! The characters and their current arrangement can still be fun and engaging, but not if it goes in the direction Kajishima wants it to.

ChaudSept brought up the idea of animating the Hasegawa novels, which would be cool, too. I prefer the Okuda manga, but, really, it just goes to show that other authors have taken the OAV premises and creating fun and engaging stories with it.

Basically, there are still directions this show can go besides Tenchi-makes-babies-with-every-woman-who-has-ever-lived.

The Okuda Manga and the Hasegawa novels are honest examples of how other persons can do with the Tenchi Franchise. It seems that Masaki Kajishima is focusing only of the Tenchi Franchise. He did contribute to other series such as Dual. All Masaki K. needs to do is to make a minimum amount of contribution to the franchise. At least to a point where any Tenchi series doesn’t become another example of either a medicore or a bad harem series.

I do believe that there should be another attempt to do a new continuity. Tenchi : Universe serves as an example of another continuity. With the advances of technology since the nineteen-nineties, imagine how Tenchi has to figure out what to do about hiding the truth of his unwanted harem. One ideal for a new continuity is focus on Tenchi staying in high school. An example of a high school based harem is the series Nisekoi.

I do believe that there is still a future for Tenchi Muyo. One of the good ways to revive the series is another continuity. All Masaki needs to do is to make sure that the series becomes a fine addition for the Tenchi Franchise.