Reply To: Marriage Equality

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Marriage Equality Reply To: Marriage Equality

There will always be religious and political differences on the subject of Same Sex Marriage.

The thing is to try and listen to what the other side has to say without being judgemental about

their view or overrighteous about your own.

What it comes down to is, as some of the presidential candidates have said, the United States is a country of laws.Our law is based on two things: the Bible* and the U.S. Constitution. Under the

latter everyone who is either a citizen or legal resident has the same rights as everyone else,

unless they commit a crime.

This means that no matter what you feel about LGBTQ people they like the rest of us have the same Constitutional rights.

We may disagree with Same Sex Marriage but we cannot deny the fact that Same Sex couples have the same constitutional rights as opposite sex couples.

* I’m talking about the fact here that much of our common law comes from the Bible. Of course

if I’m wrong about this I’m sure that Chuck whenever he has the time to post again might be willing to correct me on the matter.