Reply To: Tenchi Muyo! In Love novels/manga translation

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Translation Zone Tenchi Muyo! In Love novels/manga translation Reply To: Tenchi Muyo! In Love novels/manga translation

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

evilpii wrote:

Looking at the table of contents, I could speculate as to how the chapters line-up, but I do not quite see how a couple of them align yet.

•Chapter 1…… 19 years old – Midsummer’s Love — Yosho and Haruna arrive in orbit of Earth.

•Chapter 2…… 17 years old – No summer — Tenchi disappears.

•Chapter 3……19 years old – Anxiety Dream — Tenchi awakes in Haruna’s world.

•Chapter 4……17 years old – Blank Footprints — Ryoko and Ayeka search fruitlessly for Tenchi.

•Chapter 5……17 years old – New clues — Sasami hears about Haruna from the knights.

•Chapter 6……Another 19 years old — ???

•Chapter 7…… 19 years old – Meeting with a 17 years old — ???

•Chapter 8……17 years old – The Future’s rescue — Ryoko and Ayeka break into Haruna’s world.

•Chapter 9 ……19 years old – Burning out, Eternal Summer — Katsuhito cuts down Haruna’s camellia tree.

•Chapter 10……17 years old – To a New Future — Ryoko brings Tenchi home.

The chapters 6 and 7 seem odd. This is my speculation but, chapter 7 might be the scene where Ryoko and Ayeka see Tenchi in the Restaurant. Chapter 6 might be the scene where Washu and Yosho talk about his past.

evilpii wrote:

Moreover, I am fairly convinced that the 19/17 ages are to distinguish the two parallel timelines, not that someone is actually changing age between chapters.

It is possible it is that, but in chapter 1 it says: 19 years old – Midsummer’s Love — Yosho and Haruna arrive in orbit of Earth.

It never was exactly specified how old Yosho was when he came to Earth. And in the 2nd movie, Washu says that Haruna’s world time was accelerated to have Tenchi the way she wanted him to be. Conclusion: Haruna aged Tenchi in order to have him the same age as Yosho was when he and Haruna came to Earth. It is convenient to tell which world it is by the age in the Chapter title, but in a way is changing the age between the characters.