Reply To: Rooster Teeth

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Rooster Teeth Reply To: Rooster Teeth

WisperG
    RWBY – Episode 8

Lots to digest in this episode.

All things considered, Yang seems to have gotten off pretty easy, considering she’s basically just under house arrest (or maybe not? I guess that wasn’t made clear), aside from being disqualified.

Ren’s apron is amazing. RT needs to sell that on their store PRONTO.

Velvet’s camera has become a big point of speculation, since she clearly stores it in “the box.”
    I’m not really sure what to make of it myself, but something I keep seeing come up is the suggestion that she wasn’t trying to take a proper photo of Sun at all, but rather his weapon, which was right in the middle of the frame, which could suggest that she can copy other people’s weapons from special photographs, with the bulk of the box acting as a “3D Printer” of sorts, and that the thing she had “built up” by the end of Volume 2 was a stockpile of weapon photographs.

Kinda out there, but that’s what some people are saying.

As for Mercury not laying low and choosing to confront Ruby, two ideas come to mind for me.
    The first, is that they’ve decided to go ahead and remove Ruby from the equation sooner rather than later. She’s been a thorn in their side on several occasions and seems to be figuring out what’s going on rather quickly (which is funny, since she’s the last person I would’ve thought we’d see piece all of this together).

The second, and I may be grasping at straws here, is that Mercury is just another of Emerald’s illusions. He was told to lay low after all, so unless the plan already changed I can’t see him disobeying orders of his own volition, and it’s pretty clear Emerald did make eye contact with Ruby. We don’t know exactly how her powers work or what the range is, so maybe this is totally unrealistic, but it’s just a thought I had.

Penny vs Pyrrha is a disaster waiting to happen.

Arkos be like:

iloveit1

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag115/LGKillpack/1143251JK60QBz9_zpsswqhyldy.jpg" />

sadface1

Big, steaming pile of speculation incoming.

To pull a quote I saw on Reddit:

I feel a great disturbance in the fandom… as if millions squeed and then were immediately silenced…

Jeane finally “got it.” He finally got a clue and had a real moment with Pyrrha. He didn’t do anything wrong. He said all the right things… but context makes all the difference, and that was not what Pyrrha wanted to hear, especially from him (i.e. one of the biggest things holding her back from her ‘destiny’) in that moment.

But I don’t think this turn of events will necessarily be a bad thing in the long run. At least, it doesn’t have to be. He didn’t outright confess, but I think Jeane’s true feelings came through in that scene. Pyrrha must’ve realized that this isn’t such a one-sided relationship anymore. If anything, this ship might finally be ready to leave port for real. Of course, it won’t be quite that simple…

Unlike Snow, I’m not concerned that the imagery from the cryptic opening means anyone from JNPR is going to die, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see things fall apart in a big way. Whether she wins the tournament or not, the pressure is clearly getting to Pyrrha (and it may even be worse if she does win). I think a rift is going to form amongst the team as Pyrrha falls further and further down the rabbit hole, and I think she’s going to agree to take on Amber’s aura (perhaps, sadly, following Jeane’s advice to not let anything get in her way. Things going south in her fight with Penny could also push her to this decision). It’ll probably mess her up pretty badly. In what ways I can’t say (split personality, ‘voices inside my head’, a mental blank slate, etc.), but I do believe we’re going to see a Pyrrha who is a very broken person at the end of it all. But I think Jeane will be there to help put the pieces back together, and when all is said and done they’re relationship may be stronger than ever.

That is, of course, assuming no-one dies, which I guess we can’t rule out, but you’ll have a hard time convincing me that it’s a sure-fire thing that’s going to happen. So, there my optimistic speculation on the future of the fall maiden plotline.