Reply To: Tenchi Movie Collection or Ai Tenchi Muyo Blu’s?

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Tenchi Movie Collection or Ai Tenchi Muyo Blu’s? Reply To: Tenchi Movie Collection or Ai Tenchi Muyo Blu’s?

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

Jameron4eva wrote:

Okay trying to decide on getting either Ai Tenchi in Bluray for either $35-40 on Amazon, $34 on rightstuff or the Movie collection (Limited edition) $46 after shipping.

Well, “limited edition” might take precedence (though I recall that set from 2012, if it’s the same one it shows that they’re still floating around, I doubt they’re going to disappear entirely). Likewise, just judging by the diffuse nature of Tenchi fandom nowadays (there are still self-described fans who don’t know Ai even exists, let alone English dubbed), I don’t foresee Ai running out of copies either (movies have a bit more of a nostalgia appeal, probably).

You can’t go wrong either way imo (I’d get both eventually, if it’s one of those situations where you can only pick one at present). I’d lean more towards the movie set though, if I had to pick: Ai sold well enough from pre-orders and out of the gate, so it got the support it needed; it will be there waiting for you whenever you get around to it.

On the other hand, Ai’s cheaper, but not by much…and though it’s not a bad price for a mini-series on BD/DVD, you get all three movies on Blu-ray for just a little more money.