Tenchimuyowiki.com Officially Launches!

Throughout the last decade I had wanted to get into the world of wikis, especially for Tenchi Muyo! A series that still so desperately suffers from flagrant, widespread misinformation and a lack of general information on even some of the most mundane things.

But every single time I tried it never seemed to work out.

Either I wasn’t adept enough to understand the web software, or the hosting couldn’t handle certain processes of the software, there was always some hitch that stopped progress. Of all the projects in Tenchiforum history, this one is the one with the most attempts at getting it to work.

In 2020 I really started pondering the idea of doing it again, but this time I would see it through. That was until the pandemic hit, and not only did this project stop yet again, but I had to back away from a great many things, Tenchi included.

This year I decided to give it one more try, and everything started to click. I understood what I needed to edit and I had the passion once again to do so.

So here we are, say hello to TenchiWiki! The Tenchi Muyo! Wiki, on tenchimuyowiki.com.

It is currently very much in an alpha state as of this announcement, and there are a lot of pages to fill in, and certainly many roadblocks ahead as well, but I can’t wait to get started!

Dagon123

Michael Perge - Owner & Founder of Tenchiforum.com.
Midwest-borne, utlagatus ab initio.

Comments

1. Nonsuch Ned

Why not just help editing the existing one?
    We’ve made great strides in improving it over the last couple years but it certainly needs help. Most of the GXP novel summaries need updates. Everything could use more references added.
    https://tenchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tenchi_Muyo_Wiki

• Dagon123
      Dagon123

Because the majority of the admins on that wiki have been and always will be pro-Kajishima and will stifle anything that challenges that, including reality. I nor anyone on the Tenchiforum staff is interested in fighting a battle with a foregone conclusion. Competition has always been better for everyone, best of luck with your wiki.

• Nonsuch Ned

Confusing, and a little insulting…
        The only things we “stifle” is editorializing. A wiki is a dictionary,a collection of verifiable information.
        A wiki is a group of experts working on what they are experts of, following rules. That we have no experts working extensively on Universe or Tokyo may be “reality” but that’s only because no one wants to put in the work. I personally added a couple dozen Ai pages (episode summaries are incomplete) and want to work on expanding manga pages, but ral Life has gotten in the way. Check out our recent big expansion on Magical Project S- all it took was someone who understood wikis to put in the work.
        I’ve only been active for a couple years, only relented to be an admin this past year. I don’t know what alienated people from it in the past but I see nothing that should stop people now other than willingness and maybe old grudges, possibly predating any current admins, I don’t understand.

• Nonsuch Ned

…I’ve since been informed of some of the background of your issues, I guess one page written primarily by one author (not an admin) is a big sticking point. The thing is, no one has apparently tried to address the issue on the wiki. No one who is apparently upset has registered and made edits, only one person has ever written in the talk page- good info, but it’s all that profile ever contributed and never integrated into the page itself- which anyone is free to do. We may edit and fact-check, but that’s to be expected. Now that we DO know you’ve been grumbling in other forums for maybe three years… guess what? We’ll try to address the concern! Why do Hayashi, Hasegawa, Kuroda and Negishi not have any dedicated pages? It’s not because they’ve been deleted, it’s because they have not been made! But you’d apparently rather make your “own” forum? With probable copying and pasting of existing content from the fandom wiki and probably wikipedia itself…

• Dagon123
            Dagon123

“Confusing, and a little insulting…”
            If I’ve offended you I apologize, I just merely stated matter-of-factly why I nor anyone on the Tenchiforum staff is interested in editing on the fandom wiki. Nothing personal Ned, I don’t know you, and you don’t know me…

“…I’ve since been informed of some of the background of your issues,”
            “Now that we DO know you’ve been grumbling in other forums for maybe three years… guess what?”

…But you see this is the problem Ned, the people you’re talking to are people who like to put words in my mouth, and outright make things up, apparently, and the funny thing is you can send me a message anytime on anything Tenchiforum related, but I guess you didn’t like the answer I gave before. Since 2011 I’ve only ever spoken on Tenchiforum proper or on Tenchiforum-related or -run pages, why would I need to “grumble” anywhere else? lol

“But you’d apparently rather make your “own” forum?”

Very much so. Why do you feel so entitled to be the only wiki around? Transformers fandom has multiple wikis, Lord of the Rings and Tolkien have multiple wikis, and now Tenchi does too.
            Also, why are you so offended that Tenchiforum is making a wiki when you’ve made no attempt whatsoever to reach out to us about anything? You certainly didn’t need us for anything before, especially not for sources, which even you admitted yourself aren’t there anyway.

“With probable copying and pasting of existing content from the fandom wiki and probably wikipedia itself…”

You don’t own facts my dude, no one does. Which, by the way, your wiki right now has dozens of pages that are directly copied from Wikipedia itself, but go off.

” I don’t know what alienated people from it in the past but I see nothing that should stop people now”

Maybe people just don’t want to edit on a wiki? It’s not for everybody. Tenchi Muyo! means a lot of things to a lot of people. If I had to guess, maybe the admins’ behavior when somebody does something they don’t agree with?

I appreciate your attempt at outreach here Ned, but I don’t think we really need to say anymore. Again I’ll say, good luck with your wiki, and may both of our wikis prosper.