So am I crazy or [SPOILER!!!!]

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads So am I crazy or [SPOILER!!!!]

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    In case the title of this thread didn’t give it away…

[glow=red]MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!!![/glow]

OK, so something has been bugging me for a while now….

In the second to last episode of the series, when Babalun attempts to control Kenshi like he controls Doll, it is revealed that this is because Kenshi is descended from the artificial life forms (such as Doll) that were used in ancient times on Geminar to fight against the giant, all-powerful automated Seikishin (correct?) that destroyed the ancient society. It was revealed that the ancients cross-bred their artificial life forms with humans from the other dimension (AKA Earth) to create pilots strong enough to defeat the mega Seikishins of death or whatever. Since Kenshi is one such being, this leads to my question: Does this mean that Rea Masaki, Kenshi’s mother, is an artificial lifeform from Geminar O_O ? That would be a pretty big deal, and I wouldn’t put it past Kajishima pull a twist like that. So am I totally misinterpreting this, or has anyone else already thought of this?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Replies
      I wouldn’t put such an idea past him.Remember the big reveal in the first or second ova where it turned out that Sasami and Tsunami had been merged?Perhaps we will eventually see some such reveal in War on Geminar..note since this is now the official title I think we had better get used to using it instead of the

well known and popular SKT.

GregTheLion

mitsuki lover wrote:

Perhaps we will eventually see some such reveal in War on Geminar..note since this is now the official title I think we had better get used to using it instead of the

And thus another reason why Funimation sucks!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

GregTheLion wrote:

mitsuki lover wrote:

Perhaps we will eventually see some such reveal in War on Geminar..note since this is now the official title I think we had better get used to using it instead of the

And thus another reason why Funimation sucks!

Regardless of how Funimation may have treated the Tenchi franchise in the past, I think that the fact that they have finally gotten around to releasing the ENTIRE franchise on DVD after years of wandering in the wilderness, AND the fact that they managed to secure SKT/ISM/WOG and bring it to the western world is anything but “another reason they suck.” I do not worship Funimation BY ANY MEANS, but I will gladly concede that they have done very well in this particular venture (so far….)

AstroNerdBoy
      The implication is that Rea is from Genimar. Further, there are hints that Kenshi may have been sent to Genimar rather than being pulled from there. However, in true Kajishima fashion, these things have not been expounded upon (or at least, not to my knowledge).

As to FUNimation and the name of the new series, I’m checking on that. However, remember that the Japanese have a lot of say-so in the naming of anime/manga series in the U.S.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Thank goodness I wasn’t the only one who picked up on that! Wow, I wonder what implications Rea being from Geminar could have in the Kajishima-verse! Quite a many I would imagine :Cheeks: .

I had also picked up on the heavy implications that Kenshi was sent to Geminar. The off screen words that appear in the very beginning and end of the show always stuck in my mind as the Chousins conversing and deciding on their plan to send him there.

AstroNerdBoy
      I’ve wondered how much the Choushin are actually involved, other than Washu. I tend to suspect Rea is more involved in Kenshi going over, but there’s nothing to base this on other than personal feelings, which could easily be wrong. I can’t imagine Kenshi being sent over without Rea’s say-so, and I can’t imagine her giving approval unless there were a pretty good reason for her son to go traveling across dimensions/universes.

Frankly, in addition to seeing the Shin Tenchi Muyo! novels adapted as anime, I’d like to see a sequel to WoG to get some answers.

jgzinv
      Well washu was in the cameo role in GXP… There was that flashback in SKT…

Tokimi could have done it too… she is supposed to cause chaos after all though Kenshi actually

stopped chaos rather than created by the end of things.

More Dual first pls… KM’s beaten around the bush long enough. 13 years… been a long time.

Or do the manga… it’s got a lot more fun elements to it than the OVA’s direction.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

Further, there are hints that Kenshi may have been sent to Genimar rather than being pulled from there.

More like beaten over the head with it. 😉

There are conversations in the series that he was found at the summoning site, but no signs of the summoning ritual being performed; the planetary alignment wasn’t correct for the ritual to be performed, anyway; and that he’s too young to have been summoned during the last period where it would have been possible.

jgzinv
      Life extension Technology?
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Actually, Wahanly did mention the possibility of hibernation at the Barrier Workshop, but she would have known about that.

Which is why she dismissed it.

AstroNerdBoy

Nobuyuki wrote:

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

Further, there are hints that Kenshi may have been sent to Genimar rather than being pulled from there.

More like beaten over the head with it. 😉

It’s been a long while since I watched it, so I couldn’t remember exactly how strong the hints were. 😆

Quote:

There are conversations in the series that he was found at the summoning site, but no signs of the summoning ritual being performed; the planetary alignment wasn’t correct for the ritual to be performed; and that he’s too young to have been summoned during the last period where it would have been possible.

Yeah, I’m remembering this now that you mention it. Well, at least one of us hasn’t had our brain cells killed off by constant battles with India. :P

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

I tend to suspect Rea is more involved in Kenshi going over, but there’s nothing to base this on other than personal feelings, which could easily be wrong.

That is something I hadn’t considered before, but it makes a lot of sense! That would also have great implications in the larger universe as far as Rea is concerned.

AstroNerdBoy wrote:

I’d like to see a sequel to WoG to get some answers.

I would also love to see a sequel!

rosadojr
      Well it would be really cool if the one of the ones talking at the beginning and at the end was Kami Tenchi and that he played a role on the decision on sending Kenshi. This would implicate Tenchi playing a role on the multi-verse!! Like having the OVA to become parallel with War on Geminar…
      AstroNerdBoy
      OK, we have confirmation on what Chucklocker believed, which I’ve added to the FAQ, along with other nifty information that came out of Tenchi Ban 13.08.

http://tenchi.astronerdboy.com/section-2-4-tenchi-muyo-ism/

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Awesome ANB :) Thanks for sharing.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow, can’t believe I didn’t notice this earlier. Indeed, thanks for the update ANB!

And now for my victory post. Ahem….

w00t! boopplz I correctly interpreted a Kajishima plot point!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.