AMVs by Yosho

Forums Fan Stuff AMVs AMVs by Yosho

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I never was too big on ADTR but I do like this AMV. a LOTTT Nice job. :D THAT ENDING
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I think Tenchi amv’s are always a good thing coolguyshades1 Thanks for sharing! (if I forget, remind me, but I’ll comment on yt soon)
      Yosho24
      I am going to be posting all new AMVs that I make in this thread from now on. Enjoy my latest AMV, hot off the press…[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaGxgWth36Y[/BBvideo]

I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to let me know what you think, any constructive criticism is encouraged. Thanks, guys! Tenchismile

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVg4iDeYdc” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVg4iDeYdc) through which these emotions are being expressed. In short, whose view is your amv from? Tenchi’s? Ryoko’s? Both? It definitely seems like Tenchi’s, but there were just a few times when it lingered solely on Ryoko long enough to make me wonder otherwise (0:12-0:15ish, 0:39-0:43ish); but there were numerous examples where it was clear: you accomplished this through an amv fundamental, matching the words with the images as best you can for your purposes (0:30, “sleeping in my bed” good, “blood that I bleed” on and on).

Chorus starts up: montage, Tenchi + Ryoko moments, “I belong with you, you belong with me…” good matching there, and since it’s a chorus and more abstract than verses, ripe time for less specific matching, more loose montage which appeals to emotions you’re trying to evoke (did good job there as well). Then the verse starts up again and you’re back to matching lyrics with imagery (“she’s standing next to me” etc.). Good all around, “tightening” things up, so to speak, will come naturally as you make more.

Last but definitely not least, as with your previous work your ending is where it shines for me. I have to give you points for how you ended it with dat bumper (maybe I’ll even start doing that?), and in general how the song sort of just “ends” and Ryoko and Tenchi disappear, hand in hand, it was great.

Sorry, I may have thrown too much at you. blush1 You’re doing fine.

tl;dr Great work dude, I know I’ve said it but I’m glad there are new folks breaking into amv scene especially with Tenchi. Keep rockin on Yosho!

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/kalium/index.html” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/kalium/index.html

Don’t get too bogged with coloring inside the lines (especially here, this is someone’s very subjective opinions of classification). For very, very generalized reference only!
      http://www.quickmeme.com/img/df/df5c504d10c538e4c5b88e308206a324ed6c0fcff9e54a3e131fc3c17aff7464.jpg" />

Yosho24
      Thanks alot who! Going into this AMV, I couldn’t really make up my mind on who I wanted it to be about so I decided it would be about both of them. Half way through making it though, I noticed that the Tenchi clips were coming along a lot nicer than I anticipated. I’m planning on doing a much more polished and lengthier AMV going down that road. I’m getting better and becoming more efficient at this so keep an eye out because I’ve got quite a few projects planned. The next one will be a little different, but I’m liking the way it’s turning out, especially with the song I’m using. I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say that it’s another heavier themed one from a different perspective. Thanks for the kind words Who kiyonesmile1
      Yosho24
      Just finished up a new one for you guys last night. It’s called “King and Lionheart” and it’s all about Ayeka. I decided to switch it up being as my favorite chracter is Ryoko, but it was fun doing something a little different. I hope you enjoy it!

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1iNMJGw0H0[/BBvideo]

As always, let me know what you guys think. Still got some more ideas for AMVs down the pike. Stay tuned.

ookamilord
      Participant
      neat i like
      Yosho24
      Fresh new one that I have been working on for a few weeks now. Mainly focuses on everybody’s favorite devil caller doing what she does best. Being a bad ass. Song is called “Welcome Home” by Coheed & Cambria.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b9LLqKFU8Q&list=PLpaPGsotymRmrnBqUUqVh-RJRpbnQsov8&feature=share&index=3[/BBvideo]

As always, give it a watch and let me know what you think.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Duuuuuuuuudeeeeeeee Coheed and Cambria all of my yess! :D :D :D This was a really good amv. It hit it’s stride about 2 minutes in and then it was just phenomenal from that point. Another fine amv Yosho. soawesome1
      "For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Yosho24
      Thank you so much Shadow! It always puts a smile on my face when somebody appreciates my work! kiyonesmile1 I’ve got a ton of ideas for future amvs though so stay tuned
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Checked out your latest two (I was behind a bit), nice work, one for Ayeka, one for Ryoko. May I ask what was your vision for each one? Or maybe just starting with Ayeka’s (since I’m unfamiliar with the song), what was the central theme of that amv, and how do you see it pertaining to the princess? (Just general discussion, as you know I’m a bit of an amv-er myself.)
      Yosho24
      Thanks Who. At first I didn’t know what my next amv would be about, nor did I have a song in mind. One day I was driving to work and had my Of Monsters and Men cd called “My Head is an Animal” (fantastic album btw) on. The second track came on and although I’ve heard it countless times before, I listened to the lyrics “You’re a king and i’m your lionheart” and for some reason it just reminded me of Ayeka. So I began to put scenes together in my mind and think about the music and what I can relate to it about Ayeka’s character. I felt like it conveyed a lot of Ayeka’s feelings to both Tenchi and Yosho and decided that that would be the theme of the video; Ayeka’s feelings toward Yosho which ironically lead her to fall in love with Tenchi. Although I am a hardcore Ryoko fan, I really put a lot of passion into this Ayeka themed one and I’m glad that I did. To date, this is my favorite one that I’ve made thus far. A lot of people will tell you that the music “makes” the amv, and i found that to be especially true with this one. I love the sound of the song, the singer’s voice, the lyrics, the instruments, and of course the video all blend together to bring out a lot of feelings and that’s what i wanted to capture. Of Monsters and Men is an extremely talented band so don’t be surprised if I use more of their music in the future. As for the Ryoko amv, I guess you can say I felt as if i never gave an amv starring her that same love and affection so i set out to make one but be different at the same time. I thought to myself… “What hasn’t been done to death a million times?” “I got it! I’ll just make a video about Ryoko being a badass.” I chose the song “Welcome Home” because it has that hard sound to it but is also soft at some moments just like Ryoko herself. It has a very mysterious and frightful sound at some points and I thought that fit the character really well. In the end I was happy with it because it really brings out nearly every part of Ryoko’s character except for perhaps her goofiness, but for a character as complex and beloved as Ryoko, it’s hard to fit everything into one. I’m glad you enjoyed them though, Who. As long as people enjoy watching my work, i enjoy making these. I like to think of my works as giving back to the fandom of my favorite anime that has given me so many great memories. Thanks for watching everybody, you guys are awesome!
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I gotcha. Thank you for sharing your work and some insight about your work.

Yosho24 wrote:

I like to think of my works as giving back to the fandom of my favorite anime that has given me so many great memories.

You absolutely are. I remember I had the same motivation when I started making amv’s and getting use out of my youtube channel. That’s how my channel became associated with Tenchi, and in turn my yt username became my moniker in Tenchi circles.

Blah, blah, shut up Who! Anyway good stuff, and whenever you make an amv or anything related to Tenchi, you of course have a place to share it.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.