Representin’ Tenchi at NebrasKon 2011

Forums Fan Stuff AMVs Representin’ Tenchi at NebrasKon 2011

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Hey guys, I just realized a few days ago NebrasKon is THIS WEEKEND! I intend to bring an old amv or two to enter their amv contest, but I just HAD to whip something up for the occassion, so here it is, please feel free to let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=</YOUTUBE&gt;

*this is my entry for the “comedy” category, if you couldn’t tell…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Replies
      If you don’t win anything short of first place I’m boycotting every single convention in a 200 mile radius of NebrasKon.
      ryokofan21

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

If you don’t win anything short of first place I’m boycotting every single convention in a 200 mile radius of NebrasKon.

I second this!

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      awww thanks guys, glad to get some input–especially positive feedback! :D I’ve had this one in my head a long time, finally got around to making it.

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

lol that’d be epic! (& probably very doable, considering there’d be nothing anime-wise west of Omaha). I’ve never won anything with my previous Tenchi amv’s (though granted I’ve only entered two previous entries & they weren’t near this good) it’s usually some more popular anime that takes it, but I ain’t doin it for the most popular anime or to win (though it’d be nice) I feel it’s my duty as a Tenchi fan in Nebraska to represent Tenchi loud & proud (do you know I’ve never seen one Tenchi cosplay or another Tenchi amv there??? Ever! Tenchi needs representing!)

Anonymous
      Hope you get some nice recognition, REPRESENT, lol
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Just thought I’d give an update: put away your megaphones, gentlemen, no need to boycott any conventions. This Yosho amv took 1st place in the comedy category!

:kermit:

It was sooo awesome to watch it playing on a big screen in front of a hotel ballroom full of people–with seemingly so few Tenchi fans in attendance, I thought I might not win, but fortunately there must have been a Tenchi fan or two amongst the judges. First real experience with amv competition, I gotta’ say I’m definitely planning on entering next year.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Congratulations! are in order! :D
      ryokofan21
      Congrats man. :D

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Just thought I’d give an update: put away your megaphones, gentlemen, no need to boycott any conventions. This Yosho amv took 1st place in the comedy category!

NebrasKon just dodged a huge bullet from me. Congratulations, who, I knew you’d do great with it!

What did you win?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks so much u guys, this really made my week :mrgreen:

as far as the actual prize, wasn’t anything huge. It was a plush robot of some sorts from a series I’ve never heard of (Cromartie High School)*

Meh, it’s about braggin rights anyway

*it’s a not-for-profit con, so the guys runnin things aren’t exactly loaded, the amv prizes are from the head-judge’s personal collection

Congrats dude! :washu:
      Anonymous

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Thanks so much u guys, this really made my week :mrgreen:

as far as the actual prize, wasn’t anything huge. It was a plush robot of some sorts from a series I’ve never heard of (Cromartie High School)*

Lucky! you got your very own Mechazowa, congrats who!

Jabberwocky
      Ahh that’s so cool!! Congratulations!!!
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

And voiced by Kagato, to boot! ;)

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

Dagon123 wrote:

And voiced by Kagato, to boot! ;)

Cool, looks like a pretty sweet prize after all (& I didn’t even know it at the time) :washu:

Little Washu wrote:

Ready for two in a row? :AAANND:

lol u mean winning next year? Well, I’ll sure as heck give it a try ;) I’d definitely like to compete again

& seriously thanks all for the congratulations, means alot, can’t remember the last time I’ve ever won a contest of any kind :Cheeks:

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Resurrecting this thread, figured ok since I’m pretty much replacing “2011” with “2013”

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YItxuGXgN8[/BBvideo]

Here she goes boys, AMV contest 2013. I’ll be happy just seeing this on a big screen (and I just couldn’t wait til the weekend, so I shared it early) hope it’s fun for people. ^^ V

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      AWESOME vid man! I love it! One question: did you intentionally leave in the “Nice Hollystone” and “Jacuzi Splot” names? Here’s hoping this one takes home the gold!
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks chuck! and good question, yes that was intentional. One, its kind of an inside joke, this mlp baccano amv intentionally left jacuzzi splot for fluttershy, and two i really wanted to use that sequence from universe it fit so well and i had already used ryoko and tenchi, so bobs ur uncle (hopefully sum folks will find it mildly amusing anyways)
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      I was just wondering :D It’s got a classic Tenchi amv feel to it, I think this one will be one for the books!
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Best ‘o luck, duder. coolguyshadesplz

When can we expect results from this shindig?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Many thanks nobuyuki, i’ll know by sunday
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Many thanks nobuyuki, i’ll know by sunday

Forgot to update: no, I didn’t win, and unfortunately they said they didn’t have a computer that could play the dvd, and didn’t bother to check til last minute (?) so didn’t even get to see it either :( but oh well.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

they said they didn’t have a computer that could play the dvd

WTH? That stinks, my sympathies.

Thankfully, you already have our approval. 😉

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

no, I didn’t win, and unfortunately they said they didn’t have a computer that could play the dvd, and didn’t bother to check til last minute (?) so didn’t even get to see it either :( but oh well.

That really bites who! You’d think they would at least have their act together enough to have a WORKING DVD PLAYER on hand! Sheeesh. Oh well, Nobuyuki is right, you have all of our votes and that’s worth waaaaaaay more than some silly con :) Better luck next time man.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.