Some things I noticed

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      Photon and SKT are set on the same world, SKT is just set considerably farther along in the future. Its no secret Kajishima loves to criss-cross little pieces along all of his stories.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none

Dagon123 wrote:

It’s no secret Kajishima loves to criss-cross little pieces along all of his stories.

No kidding! 😆

Though I didn’t know SKT and Photon were definitively the same world. Cool.

But… Gen??? :almost:

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

Though I didn’t know SKT and Photon were definitively the same world. Cool.

I don’t think that’s WOG confirmed yet, but there are a lot of (too many?) coincidences:

Character names:

Photon: Photon Earth and Lashara Moon

Seikishi: Lashara Earth XXVIII

Photon: Papacharino Nanadan

Seikishi: Flora and Maria Nanadan

Photon: Pochini

Seikishi: Lithia Po China

Also both worlds run on ahou energy with doughnut-shaped control rings (although no Magic Markers in Seikishi…yet), and there are the koros, of course.

For Washuu wrote:

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l625/Elisnow17/Baka.jpg" />

(okay, so that’s not SKT, but it still is oddly similar). On the left, Photon (ep. 6) on the right, a young Tenchi Masaki (OVA3:7).

A call-out? [shrugs]

A call-out, but that’s not Tenchi- It’s Seina. 😉

For Washuu
      Participant
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

A call-out, but that’s not Tenchi. It’s Seina.

Seina? :Seriousface: I pulled that frame myself, and… I don’t remember the guy being Seina.

TMR OVA 3, episode 7, 15:49. It’s in the flashback when Rei is recounting how much of a jokester Kiyone* was, and you see her write the infamous ‘baka’ on the ill Tenchi’s forehead.

I mean… that is Tenchi, right???

*Pioneer sub. How is her name spelled anyway?

Nobuyuki
      Participant

For Washuu wrote:

[It’s in the flashback when Rei is recounting how much of a jokester Kiyone* was, and you see her write the infamous ‘baka’ on the ill Tenchi’s forehead.

I mean… that is Tenchi, right???

No, according to the story, Kiyone left the hospital to be with Tenchi. Why would she leave if he’s just a few beds down?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      I had to watch ep 20 again as a refresher myself. It would seem that the stories from different family members have slightly different stances on events. According to Yosho, Kiyone left the hospital to get herbs or something as a remedy for Tenchi. In Rea’s flashback, however, it shows her going all Jigglypuff on him, which is where we see this exact frame pulled up by ForWashuu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=</YOUTUBE&gt;

about 1:15-1:17 (of part 2 of 2 episode 20 from our yt channel)

so I think it would seem this pic is a young Tenchi

though I’ve had that same train of thought, Nobuyuki, when watching oav3… I think why? on alot of different things, & as if the elaborate story wasn’t difficult enough to follow, it seems when dealing with Kiyone (in her final years at least) trying to use logic to discern her actions is probably a futile endeavor.

because she was literally in the next bed over in the hospital room with him, & she left! ??? :Ryokoface:

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

According to Yosho, Kiyone left the hospital to get herbs or something as a remedy for Tenchi.

And promptly fell off the mountain and wound up in the hospital.

It’s Seina.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Hmmm that does make sense… just the way they intercut Seina in the flashback, along with clips showing a young Tenchi, it seems they didn’t make much of a distinction, & viewers such as myself that were not familiar really at all with GXP watching oav3 first go around would just assume that was Tenchi.

Did they ever say why Seina was in the hospital at that particular time? Or are we to just chalk that up to another one of his injuries due to his accident-prone nature…

Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

just chalk that up to another one of his injuries due to his accident-prone nature…

Pretty much this.

Although… ;)

-For those still unsure reg. Tenchi/Seina, I would propose a screencap of little Tenchi in episode 20, and set up a side by side comparison. Tenchi is usually portrayed as having spikier hair up front on the top, and of course his rattail in back, compared to Seina’s crewcut. :geek:

I would do it, but I have a bus to catch. Really.

jgzinv
      More ironic then that she didn’t write baka on Kenshi’s head.. for him to end up in ISM.

But that was before his time….

Really the timing seems off for Senia too.

Nobuyuki
      Participant

JGZinv wrote:

Really the timing seems off for Senia too.

How so? There’s only a couple of years age difference (max) between Seina and Tenchi.

jgzinv
      Sure doesn’t seem like it considering what we know of both back stories. OVA 3 seems to be the major

issue with that idea though if Kiyone was messing around at the hospital.

I’d peg Tenchi at about 5 to 8 years older. Seina’s short, among other less redeeming qualities.

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      We know they both played together, along with Kiriko’s brother Kai, when they were younger. Playing together is how Tenchi got hurt in the episode 20 backstory in the first place.

And they both went to school together. 5-8 years is way too long.

Actually the age gap between Tenchi & Seina is less than 2 years and likely closer to 1 year apart. I say this because Tenchi was 15 when he released Ryoko, Seina was also 15 when he joined GXP and by the time Seina first returns to earth, nearly 2 years have past since Ryoko was released. Before returning to earth Seina was in space for about one and a half school semesters, which should be around 7 months(?). Bringing the age gap between the two closer to around one and a half years apart. Not that large of an age gap.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9552/gxptimeframe.jpg" />

Also it was definitely the accident prone Seina in that hospital bed. The solid magic marker brows are a dead giveaway. Masaki brows are shaped differently.

Are you saying that the Masaki family have weird eye brows?And does this only apply to the Earth branch of the family

or does the Juraian branch have the same capacity for such eye brows?And if so what kind of eyebrows do/would Aeka and

Tenchi’s kids have?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

Are you saying that the Masaki family have weird eye brows?And does this only apply to the Earth branch of the family

or does the Juraian branch have the same capacity for such eye brows?And if so what kind of eyebrows do/would Aeka and

Tenchi’s kids have?

Indeed, so many questions to answer, mysteries yet to uncover…perhaps we need an entire separate thread devoted soley to the Masaki family eyebrows! 😆 ;)

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      The Masaki Eyebrow. Second only in geneological oddity to the Habsburg Jaw!

mitsuki lover wrote:

Tenchi’s kids have?

Actually Masakis have the most common eyebrow pattern found in Tenchi. [Probably to limit the total number of design changes between OVA1&2 and GXP/OVA3.] Watch GXP/OVA3, and take note how many Masaki people like Aeka, Sasami, Tsunami, etc have brows like Tenchi. Then take note how other characters related to another have similar brows, like Ryoko & Washu, Mihoshi and her family, Seina and the Yamadas or even Z and Z’s mother. I cannot believe that to this day I’m still the only one who seems to notice this stuff.

Don’t worry most people are looking a bit lower when it comes to the girls,especially Aeka and Ryoko.

As far as the Hapsburgs go,that’s what happens when you keep marrying your nieces.They say that some of the later ones

had trouble literally keeping their jaws shut and had trouble drooling.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ForWashuu wrote:

Here’s what caught my eye:

Ulite is studying the crystal that is a part of Ryo-Ohki that Ryoko gave Kenchi back on Earth

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l625/Elisnow17/Crystal.jpg" />

And…

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l625/Elisnow17/UliteKoros.jpg" />

Hmmm….

Again, it would seem that Kajishima-sensei might be making some sort of connection, but hey, who knows?

It does make for some fun speculation, doesn’t it? ;)

okay, I know this thread is a bit old, and I myself got a bit off-track when I posted here previously, but as I sit here now watching the recently-released dubbed version of War on Geminar, I think this is a brilliant observation ForWashuu.

The editing here is subtle but tells a lot:

After the shot in which we see the Koro amassed outside the window–clearly drawn by, and fascinated by, something in the room–we have a cut to the first image (shown here, i.e. the microscope/crystal fragment) before a quick cut to the next scene.

Yes, it’s speculation, but I for one agree with ForWashuu (at least, I assume the point you were originally making) in that Kajishima is clearly making a connection here between our familiar friend Ryo-Ohki and the Koro of Geminar.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.