TLF Rebooting Tenchi Abridged

Forums Fan Stuff Tenchi Projects TLF Rebooting Tenchi Abridged

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      [BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnfgphS6NGo[/BBvideo]

There’s also a Q&A where they address questions from some fans.

jgzinv
      3:47 he’s in error. TF subbed, not dubbed so far.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

3:47 he’s in error. TF subbed, not dubbed so far.

Whoopsie! But decent of them to give a shout-out, and I’m excited to hear they’re back!!

jgzinv
      I do require more Dr. Clay and his doobies…

wth2

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

I do require more Dr. Clay and his doobies…

wth2

I hope that doesn’t get changed too much!

A little behind on this, but for those who don’t know, Episode One of the “reboot” has been released:

https://tenchiforum.com/tenchi-muyo-abridged-1-2015/” class=”bbcode_url”>https://tenchiforum.com/tenchi-muyo-abridged-1-2015/

Potential spoilers for anyone who hasn’t seen it and wants to make their own unbiased judgement:
      Well, folks, as Bullidom (Kagato, Clay, Grandpa a la abridged version) said himself, I think TLF’s a bit “rusty” when it comes to doing TA (it’s hard to get back on the horse after x number of years and give people exactly what they remember, ain’t it?) and this is me sugarcoating it. This first run has been met with a large amount of negative feedback, and given the callous nature of YouTube comments I can’t say I’m too surprised: the quality is noticeably sub-par compared to what TLF subscribers are used to. But hopefully it can only go up from here.

As a longtime fan of TLF’s, I however don’t want to jump on the ‘hate train’ (though it was objectively not too high of quality, especially if we’re talking about having Patreon involved) because I hope Bullidom and the rest of the crew can get the rust off so to speak, get some support and enthusiasm, and come back swinging and give a good show (whether Raz is going to be involved much other than perhaps lending his voice seems to be in the realm of speculation at this time). I’ve long supported TLF (even before my Tenchiforum days) and I don’t intend to quit yet.

Though I really do hope they don’t try to fix what ain’t broke: funny is funny no matter what year it is, so if material they used wasn’t ‘uber-topical’ to the distant era of five years ago, it doesn’t need changing (case in point: Grandpa’s “this is a recorded message” bit in Episode One is gold, and always will be). But, if they want a whole ‘fresh start’ it’s whatever they want to do, it’s their production, as long as they continue the well-thought-out decision of keeping their original material accessible (to the best of their abilities) for fans. Hang in there TLF!

As previously mentioned, we will be keeping tabs on TLF and presenting their latest content on the Universe side of our site, and of course there’s TLF’s own YouTube account. Stay tuned!

Cardboard Marty
      Participant
      none
      I’d love to help out on this some way, shape, or form! I’m a voice actor myself and…well, that’s about it. I think there’s so much potential here and I’d love to be a part of it.
      Shounenbat
      Participant
      I’d rather see it continue from where it left off, but a fresh start is fine, too, so long as the originals are still available to watch. I hope Azusa and his wives appear at some point. I can only imagine them abridged… I wonder if Misaki is a more evil version of Sasami…

Or does Sasami’s evil come directly from Tsunami in the abridged?

SC-AJ
      Is there ever gonna be an update on this?
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SC-AJ wrote:

Is there ever gonna be an update on this?

Ah, yes, apologies for lack of updates.

Well, much like the franchise it parodied, the future of TLF doesn’t look like it’s really going anywhere. Some time ago they attempted a “reboot” of sorts, where I think it was mostly just Bullidom (voice of Kagato and Clay, among others) attempting to run the whole ship himself (whereas before, Raz did most if not all of the video editing). Similar to what DBZ abridged seems to want to do now (so I once heard, “Lucas-ing” it, going back to re-do older episodes), they had wanted to start the series all over again since the older episodes hadn’t “aged” very well (I’m insinuating, at any rate: I thought they held up just fine).

Sadly, the results were…less-than stellar as the lip-syncing and editing in general weren’t quite up to par, as deemed by the general YouTube public (people’s knee-jerk reactions were pretty negative, and their impetuous critiques were quite harsh). So, to my knowledge the video got pulled (what was the third version of their “Ep 1”), and well that was that more or less.

Between the franchise driving off of a cliff, the U.K.’s increasingly heavy-handed approach at dealing with alleged copyright infringement, the creative ensemble’s desires to move on to bigger projects (I can relate) and, I imagine, life in general, TLF’s end seems to have coincidentally coincided with a great many things of an altogether different era (“era” it seems, though it was only the last decade haha).

It was a fun run, the bright side being that you can STILL hear the voices of Raz, Bullidom, and Bubblebibbit (or, the artist formerly known as Bubblebibbit…it’s been a while since I’ve checked up on the crew, she went by RimaRegina for a while after TLF’s heyday) doing their shtick HERE, with their own home-made animations.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RABtoons/videos” class=”bbcode_url”>https://www.youtube.com/user/RABtoons/videos

If ever they read this (or, heck, I should send them a pm for old time’s sake haha ugh life, busy, hectic!), I’d like it known to them and anyone else that I for one enjoyed what they did, and appreciated what they did for us at TenchiForum and the Tenchi Muyo! fandom at large. I wish them the best in their future pursuits, and as long as they’ve retained that absurd British sense of humor they showed us throughout their various abridged series (Fruits Basket or FMA ring any bells for anyone?) I think TLF isn’t “the end” for them, it’s just the start of newer, broader horizons.

mmhmm1

EDIT: *looks at RABTOONS channel…Australia? Did they move???

jgzinv
      Perhaps it’s time for another group to run a comedy track on Tenchi.

Don’t look at me, too many projects already.

I just think it’s not impossible for someone else to do it. Granted if they retained the Sasami that’d be great, but

every other voice could be someone else. It didn’t have to be “as” crude as it got sometimes. There’s still room for

another interpretation. Abridged Tokyo, or Abridged Ai… or heaven forbid, Abridged Dual. Mask the hell out of it

and have Tenchi romp through the multiverse to the Photon and El Hazard lands…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.