Fanfic advice

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Fanfic advice

• This topic is empty.
    Hey all. Can I ask a favor, I got a piece of fanfic that I would really like to come to life. So what I am asking is for advice and guidance since this is my first one. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :D
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      If my two cents is worth anything, I’d say a key thing to remember in terms of making a fanfiction story ‘come to life’ is to try to stay as true to the characters we’re all familiar with as possible. Adding new characters or writing in yourself as a character can work, though I personally tend to shy away from it (but that’s just my personal style).

1) it makes it more easily imaginable for us as readers that are familiar with the source material (which in turn makes your fanfiction more accessible, more enjoyable and all-around better) &

2) helps maintain a sort of continuity and familiarity with the actual series that you’re writing fanfiction for. For example, with some Star Wars fanfiction I wrote a long time ago, somewhere far, far away…(yeah, that lame pun just happened, & no, none of mine are posted online anywhere, don’t bother looking) I would have short stories taking place on distant worlds that would in no way alter/interfere with the larger spectrum of the Star Wars movie continuity–or if feeling more adventurous, perhaps have events inexplicably or unexpectedly leading up to main events, but definitely in no way contradicting actual ‘facts’ (now that I think about it, Star Wars is a bit more plot driven–as most works of fiction traditionally thought of as ‘Western’ often are–whereas Tenchi is very much character driven, but hopefully that made some sense).

Anyways, by having those common threads with the actual universe of whatever it is you’re writing fanfiction about, therein lies the possibility in the back of our (the readers’) minds that this or that could happen, or might happen or have happened (ah, better example I just thought of! Keeping with the Tenchi example, if someone wrote a few additional alternate universes set during the Tenchi Universe Space/Time Adventures escapades, such as Blade-of-the-Moon’s idea to have the gang in prehistoric times, or during the glory days of sea-faring pirates…they’d be believable because ‘why not?’ they don’t detrach in any way from the overall larger plot).

(if TL;DR) Sorry I probably rambled a bit, unfortunately got a test to go take, but in short when I read fanfiction, if I’m reading Ryoko’s or Tenchi’s (or some other character I know) dialogue, I can easily picture the setting clearly in my mind, and I can almost literally hear Petrea or Matt or whomever’s voice saying those lines, and when that happens, combine that with the leisure time to sit in an easy chair and have a quiet cup of tea to read to, & it’s a transcendental experience. So again, to summarize: start with the characters; imo, if that aspect is solid, build up from there, you can’t go wrong.

;)

ryokofan21
      Thanks guys I will keep that in mind. And yes I have written before but never anything of this extent. I mostly write “non traditional” poems. The biggest problem for me that I can immediately see is Story Development which is the lesser of the two problems. The other being Organization. I may catch a lot heat for this but its not a Tenchi Fanfic. Its for Hey Arnold. I’m currently working on the Prelude as I’m typing this. I need to let someone look it over before I really get started to see if it could make for a good story. If anyone is willing to look over my work just let me know.
      ryokofan21

Little Washu wrote:

I see, looking for closure via written fanfiction? If so, that’s not a bad idea.

Yeah thats what I’m trying to do. I find its easier for me to write that to create fanart. I am currently working on Chapter 1 refining it as I go. I could post it on here if ya’ll wanna read it, and give me any advice along the way.

Here’s my thinking behind it. Basically its Hey Arnold The High School Years. Focusing on Arnold and Helga’s relationship. The reason I say the High School “Years” is precisely that. Its all four years of high school. Each “book” for the lack of a better term would end with the summer break following the preceeding school year. Ending the series with High school graduation. I can say that working just on what I’ve done with chapter 1, its hard. Its a lot of hard work. But it also a lot of fun.

ryokofan21
      Anyone got any advice for writers block? I got it bad.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ryokofan21 wrote:

Anyone got any advice for writers block? I got it bad.

It happens to all of us (me quite often)

I’ve found in general that taking some time away from whatever you’re working on to be very beneficial. I’ll want to scrutinize, ponder & fixate on whatever it is I’m stuck on, but sometimes it’s best to just stop typing, get up from the chair, & stop thinking about the whole thing altogether for a little while. Take a break, go for a walk or a drive, watch some tv, whatever you do to relax. Come back to it later (‘later’ can be a few hours or a few days, doesn’t matter) when your mind is refreshed, then re-read, & you may see/read/think of something or a certain approach to it that you hadn’t before.*

Don’t get me wrong, it’s good to ponder & go-over every scenario/solution you can think of to find the best one. It’s just for me personally, I can find that actually very draining after a time, so it helps to take some breaks every now & then.

*my secret approach to homework as well ;)

ryokofan21
      Thanks man that really seemed to help. Just got another chapter finished, and I’ve got the basis for the next chapter. But I’ve also got an AMV in the works so for now that takes priority number 1.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ryokofan21 wrote:

I’ve also got an AMV in the works so for now that takes priority number 1.

Really???

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/ryoko_zero.jpg" />

Can’t wait! I love your amv’s

ryokofan21
      Well…after 3 months of hard work…it’s finally done.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      If I may resurrect this thread, the topic is perfect for what I’m about to jot down.

What do all fanfiction writers in the whole wide world want? That’s right, recognition. Every writer’s been there: go through all the work of putting something down in words, and the next thing you’re itching for is some feedback. What’s the best way to go about this, you might ask? Read.

Yup. If you want yours read, “do unto others as you would have them do to you.” While this isn’t a necessity, it has to do with a little thing called “networking”: if you read and comment on another fanfic author’s work, she/he will not only appreciate the constructive criticism, but they’ll likely also make a mental note as to whom they received feedback from, and in turn be inclined to return the favor and/or “pay it forward” to some other suffering souls longing to be heard.

Fanfiction=community, and community=give and take. If you’ve thrown a piece of yourself out there like a life preserver out in the middle of the vast ocean and don’t follow up, there’s a good chance you won’t get spotted. But if you make the effort to invest some time in someone else’s work, you’re far more likely to find not only a future reader, but a “sparring partner” to bounce things off of for next time. It’s mutually beneficial because you both/three/etc. can empathize with each other, at least on some level.

& so I don’t steal anyone’s thunder by the timing of this post, here’s a recent fanfic post made by forum member the_evil_genius for anyone with the time to put these two cents to practice:

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&p=22437#p22437” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&p=22437#p22437

Other writers right here on the board include evilpii, ForWashuu, Llwchwr, ryokofan21, and WisperG to name only a few, so check out dat forum fanfiction section!

segaman4
      hey tenchi forum i just need advice on how to get reviews on my stuff that i’m writing.it has alot of views i just need reviews to build m,e up.any advice? qt1
      Llwchwr
      The only technique i know of if it is indeed getting read is simply patience. If you wait you will eventually get reviews, or if you know anyone who reads your fanfic then you could politely ask them to leave a review.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      FYI: went ahead and merged your topic with “Fanfic Advice” segaman.

segaman4 wrote:

hey tenchi forum i just need advice on how to get reviews on my stuff that i’m writing.it has alot of views i just need reviews to build m,e up.any advice? qt1

Since I juuuuust now merged your topic into this preexisting one, you probably didn’t get a chance to see this earlier, so I’ll save myself the work and copy/paste:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

If I may resurrect this thread, the topic is perfect for what I’m about to jot down.

What do all fanfiction writers in the whole wide world want? That’s right, recognition. Every writer’s been there: go through all the work of putting something down in words, and the next thing you’re itching for is some feedback. What’s the best way to go about this, you might ask? Read.

Yup. If you want yours read, “do unto others as you would have them do to you.” While this isn’t a necessity, it has to do with a little thing called “networking”: if you read and comment on another fanfic author’s work, she/he will not only appreciate the constructive criticism, but they’ll likely also make a mental note as to whom they received feedback from, and in turn be inclined to return the favor and/or “pay it forward” to some other suffering souls longing to be heard.

Fanfiction=community, and community=give and take. If you’ve thrown a piece of yourself out there like a life preserver out in the middle of the vast ocean and don’t follow up, there’s a good chance you won’t get spotted. But if you make the effort to invest some time in someone else’s work, you’re far more likely to find not only a future reader, but a “sparring partner” to bounce things off of for next time. It’s mutually beneficial because you both/three/etc. can empathize with each other, at least on some level.

ookamilord
      Participant
      in advance if this belongs to some other locations on the forum please forgive me for putting it in the wrong place. well like the titles says im needing a little help on some short stories. i made these stories in the ranging years of 5-8th grade and i no longer have the paper copies but thats not the problem. the problem im having is i want to open it very differently compared to my usual ways. for those who have read eternal bonds neko. the opening i used for that story is my usual for the longest time and i want to change it for my two new titles. at he moment the titles are still pending but for at the moment these titles will do.

first title is prancing wolf. this story is a Native American fantasy. the centers around a boy who was born sickly and the only way that the boy could be saved is by becoming the new nature spirit. i know i lost a few people here so let me best explain it to the best of my typing ability blush1. in this fantasy in order for nature to stay balanced before the spirit dies it has to find a host that is sickly and the host has to be young. the host can be as young as a new born but no older than 4 years of age. the reason for the host being sick or dying is because its 2 souls occupying the same space and i read that in some cultures that when the body is born sickly that it has half a soul. as the child ages the souls become one as he slowly become the new nature spirit. the problems im having with this one is the opening i want to try something new. im so used to doing the old man merlin story teller around the campfire.

the second title for right now will be ray of hope. i know this titles aint the most creative and the reason be hind that is simple. i never gave my main character a name. when i had to refer to him it would always write the hooded man. i was thinking of giving him a name that meant light of hope or ray of hope because when he came across those who were the outcasts of society or abused he was like a ray of hope for them. this characters background is a little dark he had an abusive father and he was a little ray of hope for his mother this story is a mix of scifi and fantasy. but unlike eternal bonds where we have ET’s walking around the story is centered around our time. as a big note this story was made from my journal entries so there is a little fact in the fiction and i dont know if i mentioned it or not but this story was taken from me at a literature contest. my artist at the time drew everything i wrote very graphic. on a side note i dont know if this is important but he wears a mask from time to time. his scars are not external but more internal and that the reason for the mask.

i thank yall in advance for reading this and giving me ideas on how to better my writing blush1

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ookamilord wrote:

in advance if this belongs to some other locations on the forum please forgive me for putting it in the wrong place. well like the titles says im needing a little help on some short stories. i made these stories in the ranging years of 5-8th grade and i no longer have the paper copies but thats not the problem. the problem im having is i want to open it very differently compared to my usual ways. for those who have read eternal bonds neko. the opening i used for that story is my usual for the longest time and i want to change it for my two new titles. at he moment the titles are still pending but for at the moment these titles will do.

first title is prancing wolf. this story is a Native American fantasy. the centers around a boy who was born sickly and the only way that the boy could be saved is by becoming the new nature spirit. i know i lost a few people here so let me best explain it to the best of my typing ability blush1. in this fantasy in order for nature to stay balanced before the spirit dies it has to find a host that is sickly and the host has to be young. the host can be as young as a new born but no older than 4 years of age. the reason for the host being sick or dying is because its 2 souls occupying the same space and i read that in some cultures that when the body is born sickly that it has half a soul. as the child ages the souls become one as he slowly become the new nature spirit. the problems im having with this one is the opening i want to try something new. im so used to doing the old man merlin story teller around the campfire.

the second title for right now will be ray of hope. i know this titles aint the most creative and the reason be hind that is simple. i never gave my main character a name. when i had to refer to him it would always write the hooded man. i was thinking of giving him a name that meant light of hope or ray of hope because when he came across those who were the outcasts of society or abused he was like a ray of hope for them. this characters background is a little dark he had an abusive father and he was a little ray of hope for his mother this story is a mix of scifi and fantasy. but unlike eternal bonds where we have ET’s walking around the story is centered around our time. as a big note this story was made from my journal entries so there is a little fact in the fiction and i dont know if i mentioned it or not but this story was taken from me at a literature contest. my artist at the time drew everything i wrote very graphic. on a side note i dont know if this is important but he wears a mask from time to time. his scars are not external but more internal and that the reason for the mask.

i thank yall in advance for reading this and giving me ideas on how to better my writing blush1

No worries when starting a new post! Good on ya for categorizing it in the appropriate section–for additional space-saving purposes, I went ahead and moved it under this existing title (as this is for general questions/advice concerning fanfiction/writing process).

So you say you want to start them different, but don’t know how…well, how do you mean “different” from your prior work? That could entail a lot, and since you’re looking to try something new, I think this is an excellent opportunity to explore your options! Though you may have a particular, usual approach (I think we all do) I for one think each work must be treated uniquely; I also think as part of the writing process you as the author need to enter “playtime” (yes, I’m being series) where you just try on a few different styles/approaches and see how it feels. It’s great you have the general concept nailed down: now the trick is figuring out how best to present it (I’ve been there…actually, I still am there)!

For some of my own planned endeavors, deciding what medium to use–let alone what style/method–took a long time to peg down…years in a few cases! I’m not saying it will take you that long, but I do think you’ll have to experiment; the art of writing is really the practice of re-writing.

When you have more specific ideas down, if you’d like you can update your post and we can try and offer additional two cents. Best of luck!

ookamilord
      Participant
      thanks whooo. well my usual goes like this most of time. ” huh what year you ask well its (enter year)” or its like this ” oh you ask if there will be magic well a little”. for the longest time i did the pokemon professor approach to where the main character is surrounded by the audience and he/she starts telling the people about his/her adventures while keeping his/her identity a secret. what i want to do is start the story without the main talking about his/her adventure. i guess im trying to do a gundam wing or other third party person telling the story. i guess the other way of wording it is history book style to where the book tells you what happened. a little like that. lol for ray of light i shill havent came up with a name for the main for the main character. the sad part is i remember how both stories end and i know how dark they were because instead of taking my anger out on a person i would come up with the most cruelest methods of hurting my character both hero and villain. but any advice on how branch out from the poke professor opening would work iloveit1 .
      ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      I have a few ideas for future things for my story but I’d like sone extra opinions and feedback if I can:

1. Which do you think sounds better: Shinji being a part Juraian like Tenchi, an interdimensional being Kenshi and Rea, or just being a plain pure terran like Seina? (Return of Kagato/ Villains entrance Arc)

2. Should I go for a harem/multiple RI’s or just a single love interest? Im already planning on having Mikami as being one- as I think its a waste to throw her to seina. (GP Arc)

3. If I go multiple should I use canon characters or PCs? In kind of wanting to do OCs personally.

Thanks in advance to any and all who chime in. Tenchismile

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ShinjiIkari_FAR wrote:

I have a few ideas for future things for my story but I’d like sone extra opinions and feedback if I can:

1. Which do you think sounds better: Shinji being a part Juraian like Tenchi, an interdimensional being Kenshi and Rea, or just being a plain pure terran like Seina? (Return of Kagato/ Villains entrance Arc)

2. Should I go for a harem/multiple RI’s or just a single love interest? Im already planning on having Mikami as being one- as I think its a waste to throw her to seina. (GP Arc)

3. If I go multiple should I use canon characters or PCs? In kind of wanting to do OCs personally.

Thanks in advance to any and all who chime in. Tenchismile

All subjective, but since you asked…

1) Idk, I like Shinji just being a normal Terran. Idk how you’d make him part Juraian (his mother’s side?) but I’m sure you’ve got some ideas. A Rea/Kenshi type…I honestly don’t know enough about what the heck Rea is, what Kaji was going for there, but if you can make it work, why not? (Especially if you’re going to have multiple dimensions/universes…if it’s all set in one universe, so to speak, prob not much need for an “interdimensional” being like Kenshi, who travels from one to the next.)

2) RI, romantic interest, yes? It depends entirely on what you wanna do: do you want the male fantasy of your protag having lots of women to choose from? There ya go. Or, do you want drama, conflicting love interests, and in the end Shinji becoming devoted to one person? There ya go. I find most harem endings shallow and unfulfilling, but I don’t want to say you shouldn’t do it if that’s what you want to do! It’d be challenging, but you can write a polygamous scenario that also has depth–jealousy, break-ups, confusion, angst–but again, not like you have to do that…you can have it be surface level and everything work out, everyone getting along with not much conflict, but imo that gets boring.

This is also subjective, I’m sure, side tangent, but to me “harem” does not equal “multiple female characters around/multiple competing love interests. That’s just called life (if they’re around and aren’t all love interests) or, if there are multiple competing RI’s, drama. You don’t have to have oh he’s interested in only one person, no conflict, no indecisiveness EVER (but you can), OR all the way on the other end of the spectrum, what I consider an actual harem (ya know, the definition of the term) and it being a polygamous (technically polyganous I think) arrangement where, as is often the case in nature, one (“dominant”) male mates regularly with multiple willing female partners. You can do that, of course, your prerogative…but just so everyone knows, there’s a LOT in the middle of these two extremes that make for good storytelling! (Look at Tenchi, particularly Universe/TV and Tokyo.) The thing about most harem anime (though I’m not familiar with many), like Kaji with GXP, Geminar, and what he’s now done to the OVA, is he doesn’t want conflict, he doesn’t want competition, jealousy, anything “unpleasant” to him…male protag gets all of the girls and they all get along, the end…a setup which, to many viewers/readers, is, frankly, dull.

3) Early on in this topic, years ago, I had said I don’t care for OC’s too much because they’re hard to do well: but it can be done, and in a way if you’re doing something way out of the normal wheelhouse of a Tenchi story, it might actually be beneficial to have OC’s who are unknown variables…if you write an odd scenario involving Aykea or Kiyone or whoever, someone could say ‘well so-n-so wouldn’t act that way’ but they can’t do that if ‘so-n-so’ is an OC, someone whose personality they don’t know yet, they don’t have memories attached to, etc.

ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      @wwwwhhhhoooo I think I have settled on Shinji being a Terran. But for the Juraian angle I had originally had in mind Yui was a Juraian who came several hubdred years ago like Yosho or possibky Keel. And they were under a nameless tree like Ibara was in the manga. At least at the base of the idea.

For 2 and 3, I had one idea in mind already for another potential romantic interest as a sort of female Seiryo. Kind of like Lithia from Geminar. Who would be snooty and stand offish to him at first for being a terran but slowly warm up to him and maybe develop feelings for him after an accident or something. Other than that I didnt have any other ideas for love interests. I kind of don’t want to use Asuka and Rei. I was considering have Asuka be more of a best female friend type. Like she cares about him and all but there wouldn’t be anything romantic. Another idea I had was for Kaworu to come back in a female form and be a potential romantic rival for Mikami and any others. But I’m kind of starting to lean away from that plan.

I had a geminar arc in mind alsobut have recently begun to think it’d be better to put that off as a seperate story once this one is finished. Ive been watching the dub of Geminar on DVD recently after pucking it up at a con. So I’m kind of on a roll for that lately. kiyonesmile1

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ShinjiIkari_FAR wrote:

@wwwwhhhhoooo
      I think I have settled on Shinji being a Terran. But for the Juraian angle I had originally had in mind Yui was a Juraian who came several hubdred years ago like Yosho or possibky Keel. And they were under a nameless tree like Ibara was in the manga. At least at the base of the idea.

For 2 and 3, I had one idea in mind already for another potential romantic interest as a sort of female Seiryo. Kind of like Lithia from Geminar. Who would be snooty and stand offish to him at first for being a terran but slowly warm up to him and maybe develop feelings for him after an accident or something. Other than that I didnt have any other ideas for love interests. I kind of don’t want to use Asuka and Rei. I was considering have Asuka be more of a best female friend type. Like she cares about him and all but there wouldn’t be anything romantic. Another idea I had was for Kaworu to come back in a female form and be a potential romantic rival for Mikami and any others. But I’m kind of starting to lean away from that plan.

I had a geminar arc in mind alsobut have recently begun to think it’d be better to put that off as a seperate story once this one is finished. Ive been watching the dub of Geminar on DVD recently after pucking it up at a con. So I’m kind of on a roll for that lately. kiyonesmile1

Ah, I see! Interesting idea with Yui. A female Seiryo is also very interesting, I don’t think I’ve run across that before. (OC?) Asuka as a friend I really like that idea personally, just because how many people have probably shipped those two, and it’s one of those things, unexpected but makes total sense: people think oh because of…reasons in Eva/End of Eva (not just the sexual matters, but the general awkwardness between the two which stems from being that age, pubescent girls and boys, awkwardness, hormones and yes, feelings), they’re totally an item. Not necessarily lol how many people’s awkward encounters, or even bf/gf, from when they were 14 actually lasted? Mmm-hmmm. The two of them ending up as friends, because of what they’ve both gone through together and individually, makes so much sense.

Female Kaworu…ehhh…you mean an OC like Kaworu? Or actually Kaworu somehow ending up female and, well, alive? (Which you can do, of course, you can do anything, it’s always just something to consider with fanfiction and, oddly enough, degrees of believability.) Oh, and glad you had fun and got back safely from your recent con experience.

ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      For my Geminar story I have a few ideas and questions in mind for it.

1. Where should I have Shinji and Asuka end up? The forest, the holy land one of the surrounding areas or something else?

2. Who should I have them end up with? I font really want to put them with Lashaara because she already has Kenshi, though it sort of seems like the most logical result.

3. Should I give Shinji an original mechalord or send in Unit 01 or Unit 13 from the anime or movies?

4. Should I give Shinji a Berserker/beast mode like the Eva anime or movies or would that make him too similar to Kenshi?

Any and all input and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advanced. mmhmm1

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ShinjiIkari_FAR wrote:

1. Where should I have Shinji and Asuka end up? The forest, the holy land one of the surrounding areas or something else?

2. Who should I have them end up with? I font really want to put them with Lashaara because she already has Kenshi, though it sort of seems like the most logical result.

3. Should I give Shinji an original mechalord or send in Unit 01 or Unit 13 from the anime or movies?

4. Should I give Shinji a Berserker/beast mode like the Eva anime or movies or would that make him too similar to Kenshi?

Any and all input and help is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advanced. mmhmm1

1. End up, like the ending? Idk man, that’s probably gonna’ depend on where your story takes them!

2. Well, if you don’t want anyone to end up with Lashaara, then that’s probably your guidepost imo. Do what you want to do in your fanfiction, after all! (Could be some drama if she meets up with Shinji or whoever, and Kenshi and he end up fighting, or something like that.)

3. Hmm. Maybe have him pilot something different/OC? Since he’s in Geminar, perfect opportunity to do that, unless you have Unit 01 somehow accompany him to Geminar.

4. I’d say this depends a lot on what you do with no. 3, as again, optional, could do without in any event, but if you had an Eva, then a berserker mode might be somewhat expected. If you don’t have an Eva, and it’s an original mecha of some kind, of course much more up in the air.

(Funny, unrelated, but not wanting Shinji too similar to Kenshi, I wouldn’t worry, if anything it’s the other way around, as Kajishima said SKT/Geminar is basically what he wanted to do with Dual, and Dual was what he made after seeing Eva and wanted to try it himself, so…there’d be no Geminar, certainly not as it exists, without Eva!)

ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

ShinjiIkari_FAR wrote:

1. End up, like the ending? Idk man, that’s probably gonna’ depend on where your story takes them!

2. Well, if you don’t want anyone to end up with Lashaara, then that’s probably your guidepost imo. Do what you want to do in your fanfiction, after all! (Could be some drama if she meets up with Shinji or whoever, and Kenshi and he end up fighting, or something like that.)

3. Hmm. Maybe have him pilot something different/OC? Since he’s in Geminar, perfect opportunity to do that, unless you have Unit 01 somehow accompany him to Geminar.

4. I’d say this depends a lot on what you do with no. 3, as again, optional, could do without in any event, but if you had an Eva, then a berserker mode might be somewhat expected. If you don’t have an Eva, and it’s an original mecha of some kind, of course much more up in the air.

(Funny, unrelated, but not wanting Shinji too similar to Kenshi, I wouldn’t worry, if anything it’s the other way around, as Kajishima said SKT/Geminar is basically what he wanted to do with Dual, and Dual was what he made after seeing Eva and wanted to try it himself, so…there’d be no Geminar, certainly not as it exists, without Eva!)

That’s interesting. I never realized that about Dual! or Saint Knight’s Tale. As far as one goes, what I meant was where should he end up in the world of Geminar after he and Asuka get sent there after 3I. Thanks again for the input. I had originally kind of thought of having Unit 01 go with them, but not sure how I’d work it out. I just thought Eva going berserker and brutalizing other Mechalords would be something interesting and a good drama point some time further into the story.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

ShinjiIkari_FAR wrote:

That’s interesting. I never realized that about Dual! or Saint Knight’s Tale. As far as one goes, what I meant was where should he end up in the world of Geminar after he and Asuka get sent there after 3I. Thanks again for the input. I had originally kind of thought of having Unit 01 go with them, but not sure how I’d work it out. I just thought Eva going berserker and brutalizing other Mechalords would be something interesting and a good drama point some time further into the story.

Oh, where they end up when they get there…idk, forest? You could have Shinji and Asuka end up different places, and start with Shinji trying to find her. Then maybe you could have him/they hear reports about an unknown seikishi, and piece together oh they must have found Unit 01, Unit 03, or something, and then they have to try and track it down, maybe even wrestle it away from the authorities or a gang of miscreants who happened upon it.

ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eoqG0MTH9z3uToqdjCBrVZYe0U51y3hxNEw2L0qWPj0/edit?usp=drivesdk

I’m Nearly finished with Chapter 2 of my first story. I will have Ayeka Ryoko and Sasami and maybe Mihoshi show up in the morning and finish the chapter off before putting it up on ff.net and the Tenchi Forum. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, comments, questions and or suggestions on what ive gotten done so far, thanks in advance. kiyonesmile1

ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      I’ve got a few ideas for future chapters but am unsure on a lot things. After reading Jurai I somewhat have an idea of Seto or Azusa encouraging Shinji to go to Jurai so he can become strong enough to protect Asuka ans the people he cares about. I also have an idea of Yosho having Shinji work in the carrot fields and practice the light hawk sword style with Tenchi to help him grow. I’m thinking the first half if not more so of the story should stay on Earth with a trip to Jurai inevitably taking place somewhere down the line if maybe not near the end. The majority of the story I feel should be about Shinji and Asuka adjusting and overcoming their past demons and moving on from the events of Evangelion. Of course I also need to address what Jurai was doing or not during all of it and explain that… Kiyofacepalm1

Okay Tenchi fam, I need some help getting over my writers block for chapter 3. I think this chapter will comprise of three or four elements:

Quote:

1. An explanation of Jurai absence, what the consensus and approach to 3rd Impact, and what Tenchi and co. were doing the events.

2.Shinji and Asuka going about some every day life with the Masaki, getting to know everyone a little bit more and bringing in Ayeka and the others.

3. And finally maybe making Shinji and Asuka aware that they are from another planet and informing them on some things about Jurai.

Just trying to get some feedback and figure out a direction for this to go in… Again thank you to all in advance for any input and help you can provide. Tenchismile

ShinjiIkari_FAR
      Participant
      Ive got some ideas and snippets from Chapter 3 I want to run by everyone for help with getting on with Chapter 3 for anyone and everyone who may be interested or willing/able to help:

Quote:

1. Ritsuko was really just an illusion of Mikamis the whole time, as in Tenchi Admin’s facebook she is capable of opersting the illusion separately from her real self. But the issue I have with that is why shed go along with Gendos plans or fall for him – addotionally Ritsuko was actually born. I just thought of it becuase theyre both blonde and smoke.

Quote:

2. I thought of Seto coming down to Earth and checking on Ayeka and the others and maybe liking Shinji and setting up a planned pirate attack like she did with Azusa in the Jurai novel.; only it would end up being an actual pirate attack and not one Seto had setup. Then during the attack Shinji would attack one going after Asuka or someone and end up nearly getting killed but saved at the last minute. The experience would make him want to get stronger tl protect Asuka and other people he cares about. And that would be a push for Shinji to go to Jurai.

Chapter3 snippet:

Asuka would awake the next morning to a gentle rapping on their bedroom door. Noikes warm friendly voice would come from the other side of the door, “Miss Asuka, are you awake?” She would ask politely.

Asuka would slowly and grogily pull herself up out of her futon with her comforter still wrapped around her “Mmmn… H-huh? Miss Noike? Wh-what time is it? Where’s Shinji?” She would ask somewhat mumbled not quite awake yet.

“Its about 9:30. Ikari-kun is downstairs waiting for you. He actually got up a little bit earlier and is helping Tenchi with the cooking” Noike responded.

“Heh… That sounds like him. Our old guardian was such a slob, Shinji usually had to do all the housework… Could you tell him Ill be down in a few minutes please? I need to use the bathroom and get woke up.”

“Sure thing” Noike answered happily before heading downstairs to let Shinji and Tenchi know that Asuka would be down momentarily.

Meanwhile downstairs in the kitchen Shinji would be assisting Tenchi with preparing breakfast for the residents of the house.

“You really didnt need to help me with breakfast, Shinji. I usually prefer to just have people watch while I cook.” Tenchi said as he would stir the miso soup.

“No dont worry about it, Tenchi-san. Im used to doing cooking and cleaning where I came from anyway.” Shinji replied as he would assist in cutting up and preparing the vegetables for the kobachi. “Besides you and your family are doing so much for me and Asuka, id feel bad if you didnt let me help you out someway.” He said with a small smile on his face.

“Well we wouldn’t dream of leaving to young people on their own out there and not offer some kind of help. But I do definitely appreciate the help. Would you mind checking the fish? After that all is left is to prepare salads for everyone.” Tenchi answered warmly as Shinji would go to check on the grilled fish.

At that time, Noike would come down from the upstairs bedroom Shinji and Asuka were sharing for their stay.

“Oh. Shinji-kun. Miss Asuka said she would be down for breakfast shortly once she’s refreshed.”

“Okay. I hope she doesn’t make too much of a fuss. She usually prefers German dishes, but I doubt you have anything like that here, huh?”

Not long after Shinji would have spoken, Asuka would make her way down stairs “Don’t worry yourself about me, Third. I’ll have you know I’m perfectly capable of being a gracious and grateful guest, thank you.” she retorted causing Shinji to jump a bit in surprise and nearly cutting his hand with the knife he was using to prepare breakfast.

“Agh! I-I’m sorry Asuka… I-I wasn’t trying to i-implicate you couldn’t be grateful, I just remembered how picky you were back at Misato’s and everythi- OW!” Shinji would cry out as he would feel Asukas fist come down the top of his head. “What was that for!?” he cried out rubbing his dome as Asuka would sit down for breakfast.

“That’s for not knowing when to stop talking, idiot. And for your information, ive changed a lot since then… And besides its not like either of us are in any position to complain about anything, are we?” she said setting down to a cup of coffee as the two males would finish fixing breakfast.

“Now now, we’ll be having no instances of spousal abuse here you two~” Washu would chime in as she would arrive at the table as well.

“IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!” Asuka and Shinji would cry out in unison both blushing a deep crimson.

Leaving a Google doc link for people to view and comment on as well if they wish/ if its easier.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cLTu4EAnpHkJAvfD_IA450LeElU2Xi6fkTx-qn2JPBs/edit?usp=drivesdk

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.