I been thinking of writing again.

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction I been thinking of writing again.

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    So I have sat down this week and read just about all the A-c on tmffa.com, and I have been thinking about trying to write a fanfiction again.

Now here is the thing, I use to write lemons and nothing more, I am willing to try my hand again but the ony person I could think of writing about is tenchi really. but with so many tenchi muyo chars. out there I was hoping you guys would to me what match up you guys would like to read about. (that is if you don’t mind a rusty writer >_<) So tell me guys what pair would you like to see?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      I can already see the answer. 😉
      luthercross
      Participant
      you can? well I can’t wait to see what people say.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Oh you of little faith Nobuyuki… :P Allow me to surprise you just this once and say that I think there are quite enough Ryoko x Tenchi pairings committed to print for the time being. I for one would like to see something with either Washu or Mihoshi.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      It’s not so much (lack of) faith as it is seeing the patterns. 😉

That said, I would support more Mihoshi (not the stupid one, though).

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Well, here’s to always keeping the system on its toes and shaking loose new patterns from the old! We will eagerly await your Brave New Fic luther! Also, I agree, if you do decide to go with Mihoshi I would prefer it to be the Mihoshi we see in OVA1.
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Seeing a Mihoshi pairing would be excellent actually :D! I myself am a fanfiction writer and am writing a Triate relationship between Ayeka, Tenchi, and Ryoko. But in creating a fanfiction of Washu or Mihoshi, it will bring something more refreshing to the table^^.

I am a team Ryoko follower myself, and still would like to see a different pairing.

Also feel free to look at my fanfiction if you wish. icon_smashed ryoko

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      luthercross
      Participant
      okay thank you for the input, I have set a goal to get at least 3 pages of a draft done by the end of the week. washu would be great to write the only things I see for her are crossovers. but Mihoshi I think is a good pick. time for me to dust off the old VCR and watch ova1 again :scared:
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nobuyuki wrote:

(not the stupid one, though).

Riiiight, because ova Mihoshi (if I’m not presuming too much) is leaps and bounds above Universe Mihoshi in terms of competence and intellect. 😉

Yeah, yeah, I’m a Ryoko fan boy, and yeah I think I’d like a Tenchi + Ryoko pairing the best, sure (though at times, in certain continuities, I don’t think he’s good enough for her). But yeah, if we’re just picking “which one should I write about?” I’m sure Ryoko and Ayeka have been done plenty of times. Mihoshi or Washu would be excellent because comparatively they’ve been underrepresented.

That’s for “equalizing” things for Miho or Washu fans, and it’s not that I would mind it, but those two aren’t head over heels for Tenchi like Ryoko and Ayeka (Washu likes playing with him, like a “cougar” with its next meal, and Mihoshi it’s more of a young girls’ blooming crush). But who would I personally (even as a Ryoko fan) like to see? And has been comparatively underrepresented? And would likely be a good match for Tenchi? Kiyone Makibi.

Sure, she isn’t head over heels for Tenchi either, but it jives with her personality: she’s a serious type (obviously to be Mihoshi’s “straight man”), organized, not boorish or boisterous…very similar personality type to our leading man. Even though I’m not exactly “Team Kiyone” I could accept, and would even like to see, a pairing of the two (not that you have to, luther).

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Even though I’m not exactly “Team Kiyone”

That’s alright, I’ve got us covered :D. Lol I’m always down for some good Kiyone x Tenchi, but like I said before I’d love to see a fresh approach, if only to get a new perspective on the Tenchi dynamic!

luthercross
      Participant
      so today I looked around the mess I call a room and found I couldn’t find my Tenchi tapes anywhere……so I started to tear my room apart looking, in the end I have found them but I am too tired to do anything now that as part of tearing every thing apart I saw fit to move my room around too trying to get more room out of the place. :Cheeks:
      luthercross
      Participant
      Okay so this is what I was thinking of doing. given what you guys have placed you input into. I will be doing an Tenchi x Mihoshi. I was thinking of putting the time line around “The Night Before the Carnival” There is a scene in the first half of it where Yosho is talking to Mihoshi about becoming Tenchi’s wife. What I am thinking is starting the story around there.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Nobuyuki wrote:

(not the stupid one, though).

Riiiight, because ova Mihoshi (if I’m not presuming too much) is leaps and bounds above Universe Mihoshi in terms of competence and intellect. 😉

Yes.

Yes, she is. 😡

luthercross
      Participant
      okay sorry guys been buesy all week, haven’t had much time to post or even go online much. but even with that I have found the time to start my story. I have finished a page and a half for it, and am looking for got get the next page down by the end of the week. A few things, I have felt tempeted to just write Kiyone into the story even though she is not part of tenchi Muyo, but I am still a bit uncerten on that and I was thinking about putting my OC back into action like I use too.

I was just wondering what you guys think about doing things like that, do you guys think it would take to much away form it?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

luthercross wrote:

I have felt tempeted to just write Kiyone into the story even though she is not part of tenchi Muyo

Kiyone is a very large part of Tenchi Muyo! Just because she isn’t in the OVA continuity (even this is debatable with the Mihoshi Special…) doesn’t mean you are barred from using her! A good story is built on its characters, right? So I see no problem with writing a story that contains the cleverer Mihoshi of OVA 1 and the teal haired baddass from Tenchi Universe (especially since in written form you dont have to worry about one stealing time and focus from the other, which is a complaint leveled by some against TU Kiyone, because you will have all the time in the world to develop both!). As for your OC, I think the same logic applies. As long as he/she is well developed and “fits” with the story I think it will turn out great! I’m glad you had a chance to work on your story, and I eagerly await its completion!

luthercross
      Participant

chucklocker wrote:

luthercross wrote:

I have felt tempeted to just write Kiyone into the story even though she is not part of tenchi Muyo

Kiyone is a very large part of Tenchi Muyo! Just because she isn’t in the OVA continuity (even this is debatable with the Mihoshi Special…) doesn’t mean you are barred from using her! A good story is built on its characters, right? So I see no problem with writing a story that contains the cleverer Mihoshi of OVA 1 and the teal haired baddass from Tenchi Universe (especially since in written form you dont have to worry about one stealing time and focus from the other, which is a complaint leveled by some against TU Kiyone, because you will have all the time in the world to develop both!). As for your OC, I think the same logic applies. As long as he/she is well developed and “fits” with the story I think it will turn out great! I’m glad you had a chance to work on your story, and I eagerly await its completion!

Thank you, I will keep that all in mind and try my best, this is the first I have sat down to write anything other and a RP post on forums for over 8 or 9 years.

luthercross
      Participant
      Hey guys its been what two weeks since I posted, for that I am sorry. I have been busy and even landed myself a girlfriend for the first time in 7 years……..so yeah. So here is a quick update. I have about 4 pages down in a notebook, and I am plaining on starting to type them out this weekend. I do not have near what I want for a full chapter but it is a start. I cait wait to post it here and see what you guys think. here is to hoping I have the time this weekend to get on the site and do some work. ttly for now guys.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.