Tenchi Old Timer looking for support

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Tenchi Old Timer looking for support

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Greetings to what seems to be one of the few Tenchidoms left on the internet.

Last decade I used to go by Roas Atrades within the Tenchi fanfic circles, which is why I’ve come by here. Hopefully there are some of you out there that remember and were fans of my Tenchi fanfic series. This may seem somewhat shameless, oh hell, it is shameless…I have just begun to release some of my own original works through Amazon.com’s Kindle store.

Basically, I’m looking around to try and spread the word to circles I currently know and travel in, and to those who may have remembered and enjoyed my stories in the past. So I’m basically here to try and drum up support from past achievements and fame from my old Tenchi fanfic days, as many supporters always said they’d love to see my original stuff one day.

Now, to not be entirely selfish or shamless, I am also currently working on a new Tenchi fanfic set in the Universe setting, so I have not abandoned Tenchi entirely. In fact, to me Universe is the only pure setting left in the series after OAV 3 soured me entirely on that verse. So one day I would love to put up that story here as well as a few other places I plan to.

That all being said, due to this post possibly being deemed unwelcome with its purpose, I will refrain from posting the link to my first book on Amazon until I am granted permission. With permission from those who run this forum, as I would not wish to truly be borish, I will post a link if anyone is truly interested in seeing an old Tenchi fanfic authors original pieces.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize if I have offended anyone with this sudden appearence and request for support.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Well, you can definitely count me as a member not offended by your post :mrgreen: Seriously, welcome! There’s old & new fans alike here, I hope you enjoy your stay (my apologies, I’m a bit new as an active member of Tenchi fandom myself, so I may be unfamiliar with your previous work, but there’s certainly a chance of finding past supporters here!)

If you have Tenchi fanfiction you’d like to share, we have an entire section dedicated to it (you can see it from the main page, says ‘fanfiction’) feel free to start up a new thread in there. Having an ‘old timer’ fan like yourself who’s willing to share their work, both old favorites & new material to come is a welcomed treat* & if you want some recognition for original works of yours, I don’t see a problem with you posting a link or two within your own fanfiction thread when you do post your fanfics. People may be interested in other materials you’ve written if they like your Tenchi fanfics (& I have a soft spot for anyone trying to make it professionally as an author and on top of that is a fellow Tenchi fan) ;)

Again welcome, any questions ask away! We’re here to help.

*not that we value older fans or any other kind over any other category of Tenchi fans :D

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      I know you, at least by name. ^^; I was active at the same time and saw some of your works nominated, and winning, some of the TMFFA awards of yesteryear. ^^v Welcome! ^o^ Rest assured that you will be welcomed here. ^^V

It’s also nice to see someone else who is a shameless self-promoter. ^^; I’d follow wwwwhhhhoooo’s advice, as well as check out some of the other threads under “fan fiction”. ^_-

ryokofan21
      Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy your stay. :D
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Who%20made%20these%20Tenchi%20pics/washu_freshbakedmuffin-1.jpg" />

:) Please take these sunglasses, they protect your eyes. If you are interested, ask about our Mumble server (voice chat).Everyone here is verrrrrry nice and will make you feel right at home.

Kiyoka

Roas_Atrades wrote:

Greetings to what seems to be one of the few Tenchidoms left on the internet.

Last decade I used to go by Roas Atrades within the Tenchi fanfic circles, which is why I’ve come by here. Hopefully there are some of you out there that remember and were fans of my Tenchi fanfic series. This may seem somewhat shameless, oh hell, it is shameless…I have just begun to release some of my own original works through Amazon.com’s Kindle store.

Basically, I’m looking around to try and spread the word to circles I currently know and travel in, and to those who may have remembered and enjoyed my stories in the past. So I’m basically here to try and drum up support from past achievements and fame from my old Tenchi fanfic days, as many supporters always said they’d love to see my original stuff one day.

Now, to not be entirely selfish or shamless, I am also currently working on a new Tenchi fanfic set in the Universe setting, so I have not abandoned Tenchi entirely. In fact, to me Universe is the only pure setting left in the series after OAV 3 soured me entirely on that verse. So one day I would love to put up that story here as well as a few other places I plan to.

That all being said, due to this post possibly being deemed unwelcome with its purpose, I will refrain from posting the link to my first book on Amazon until I am granted permission. With permission from those who run this forum, as I would not wish to truly be borish, I will post a link if anyone is truly interested in seeing an old Tenchi fanfic authors original pieces.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize if I have offended anyone with this sudden appearence and request for support.

Hmm your name doesn’t ring a bell I’m afraid.

Pssh, its all well and good to tell us about your fanfics, but what about you? IT seems more like an advertisement than an intro post :mrgreen:

I don’t know if I have read any of your Tenchi fanfics. Its good to know you’re working on a TU fic. Curious to see what its about. You could always check mine out too located in the Fanfiction section here on the forums.

Hmm yes and I will take one of your eyes also :Cheeks:

Roas_Atrades
      Participant
      It’s not surprising that some of you would not know me. It’s been half a decade since I was active in, what’s left, of the Tenchi community. After OAV 3, and with the demise of the TMFFA, I pulled my Tenchi fics from the web, at least where I could, because I became disgusted with what OAV 3 had ended up doing.

For those that are wondering, I wrote the WIll of the Goddesses Saga that spanned two full books accompanied by several short stories. In the end, the series was unfinished with the final book, as that is when I became disillusioned with Tenchi for some years. It’s only last year that I finally was able to get over it, so to speak, and start enjoying the franchise again, specifically Universe. The final chapter to that series may yet get written, but if I finish a Tenchi work, it will probably be my Universe piece, Tenchi Universe: Catalyst of Life.

At this time I will not be posting my older works for a couple reasons: 1) they are not reflective of my current level of writing ability,and would probably benifit from severe rewrites/edits. 2) As it is all unfinished with no concluding piece, I’d prefer not to have it out there at all if it’s not done.

Also, to prove I am who I say I am from days of yore, here are my Kiyos:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt115/roas_atrades/IMG_0468.jpg" />

To this day I maintain I got screwed out of Best OAV in 2002 because I was not part of the “old guard clique”, heh. No way Confess to You should have beaten me straight up…no way :mrgreen:

That all said, hopefully there are still some out there who remember me some more, and I look forward to coming by here once in a while as it seems there is honest enjoyment of the franchise here and not some of the back biting, cliqueish mentality there once was back when I was writing fanfiction. For any who remember me, it was because of that kind of set up of cliques and such in the old community that I remained merely a writer and not a vocal member of the Tenchi community.

Once I receive permission from your admins, I will happily continue to shamelessly self promote my original work while rejoining this community.

Anonymous

Roas_Atrades wrote:

That all said, hopefully there are still some out there who remember me some more, and I look forward to coming by here once in a while as it seems there is honest enjoyment of the franchise here and not some of the back biting, cliqueish mentality there once was back when I was writing fanfiction. For any who remember me, it was because of that kind of set up of cliques and such in the old community that I remained merely a writer and not a vocal member of the Tenchi community.

Once I receive permission from your admins, I will happily continue to shamelessly self promote my original work while rejoining this community.

Then you came to the right place my friend, and yes, feel free to keep “shamelessly” self promoting yourself, we need more fanfiction writers as it is! :Tenchismile:

Welcome to the forum Roas_Atrades

Roas_Atrades
      Participant
      Thanks for permission, Dagon. Didn’t want to do anything like this without that.

If you are interested in checking out my first book, feel free to visit this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-Innocence-Chronicles-Rosetra-ebook/dp/B0080TE86U/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1336324680&sr=1-1

There is a facebook page for the series being worked on by a friend of mine, but it’s still getting spit polished.

As my free time opens up in the next couple weeks, I’m going to resume some writing projects, among them my current Tenchi fic. I may be looking for a pre-reader, so I will update on that as it happens.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I look forward to hanging around as I have found some of that old Tenchi fire in the past few months.

I didn’t know they gave out awards for fanfiction before,how long as this been going on?

And any how welcome.

Roas_Atrades
      Participant

mitsuki lover wrote:

I didn’t know they gave out awards for fanfiction before,how long as this been going on?

And any how welcome.

It was done by the Tenchi community as a whole back during the height of the series. When the TMFFA was at its strongest, there was tons and tons of Tenchi fanfiction out there…as much crap as there was good.

Back in 2002 the awards started up, and you could only get in if someone nominated a story.

Thanks for the info’.I’ve only been into anime since around the time what was then Techtv started airing Anime Unleashed

following Thunderbirds weeknights at 10:30 p.m. Pacific time.I think that that was around lae 2001 or 2002.

devilbecka
      to be honest im sure i saw a few titles up on amazon on u the uk one but the name and that is knacking at my brain too..so WELCOME!
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.