Reply To: Tenchi Fan Thread

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

mitsuki lover wrote:

To get serious though,the one thing that makes Tenchi so interesting is despite all the wierdness that is suddenly thrust

into his life he still remains a pretty normal and even humble guy.I mean you try living with a harem of bodaciously

beautiful space princesses,demonesses/space pirates,mad scientists and space cops without it going to YOUR head.

And despite all that Tenchi is the most normal character around.

Very good point ML, I always felt the same way about Tenchi. I’ve actually once heard criticism of Tenchi because he’s too ‘normal’ or ‘boring’ but that’s his personality! A rural Japanese teenager, not one for getting into trouble or adventure (cue Bilbo Baggins comparison) and in general prefers the quiet life. Such criticism annoyed me because not only do I obviously love Tenchi as a character and Tenchi Muyo as a series, but not every teenager in real life is constantly ‘yeah! newest gadget! Hardcore loud music! Gettin crunk with my friends and pickin up girls!!! Derp da derp!’ I for certain wasn’t like that (all the time, anyways) ;) and I happen to have good friends that are very introverted, prefer to keep to themselves, kinda’ shy around girls, etc. very much like Tenchi.

& that’s why we love him right?! Tenchi Muyo wouldn’t have that charm and endearing timelessness if Tenchi were just ‘hey! hot girls! which one am I gonna’ do first?’ (cue Jersey Shore comparison… 😡) His politeness and more conservative nature when it comes to women is what makes him so appealing (to us and probably all the girls) and I wouldn’t want it any other way.