Hello There!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hello There!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    My name is BrilliantBill and I’m glad to be find this site for fans of the show! Thanks to whoever made this site now I can find a place to talk about the show! :D
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      Almael
      Welcome to the forum!

We got lots of members with lots of experience and knowledge about Tenchi. Feel free to talk and ask anything. Most likely it’s gonna be a better experience than anywhere else. We are one of those little but great bunches. Tenchismile

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Thanks sir! :D
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Hello and welcome to the forum

some people you might see around the forum often or not:

SnowQueen: Resident Magical Girl person

wwwwhhhhoooo: Resident El Hazard person

mistuki lover: Mitsuki Sanada person

JGZinv: Resident Dual person

evilpii: Fan Fic writer

WisperG: Avid Anime watcher

ChaudSept: Artist/Translator/Tenchi Manga Finder

Ukinojo92: Umm, stuff?

chucklocker: Star Blazers person

Nil Admirari: Fan Fic writer

There is also Voice Chatting called Discord to talk to people, for more info here:

http://www.tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=30875#p30113” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=30875#p30113

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Oh ok thanks! :D
      jgzinv
      Aw you missed former brain behind the translation section…

But I’ll take resident Dual person.

Welcome Bill.

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      What?
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Here

http://www.tenchiforum.com/viewforum.php?f=36&start=25” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.tenchiforum.com/viewforum.php?f=36&start=25

as you can see most of the topics have JGZinv as moderator, translator guide, and contributor a long time ago.

Almael
      It’s alright for the master to sit back. Let the younglings have their limelight.

It’s not like the guy pioneering it before him is even mentioned either. ;)

BrilliantBill
      Participant
      Oh ok. Thanks.
      jgzinv
      *rubs beard*

Far as I know Al you always translated the CotS stuff and forward of that yourself or with the guys from Abh Nation.

I can’t ever recall you resorting to the OCR/Rip/Clean/Machine process, cause you guys knew better.

Before me as far as Tenchi goes – Watotsu, True Sheol, did some actual translation. Tomato was a professional that was hired by Funi, and then you have Muan and Qiu who had to pack up and leave town so to speak. That’s about as far back as 2004 I could trace the translation efforts. I started the machine translation “kit” though.

Almael
      Hmm? My friend, I’m pretty sure I gave you something like my 4/5 manuals on OCR & Japanese translations (ocr-instructions, yomikaku/finereader, general corrections, general translation-instructions, further links) before you started your own. Not that mind or even care about credit for myself (just don’t touch my associates). I share everything worth especially knowledge for prosperity.

Regardless, we at Abh Nation did venture, explore, and did all possibilities. But when I took over the old stuff was outdated (parts missing) and we had the latest OCR at hand. And thanks to everyone’s contribution I fast tracked/introduced OCR machine translation and the rest was done by us humans. It wouldn’t have been possible to get SN4 out as fast otherwise.

Yes, it’s certainly your baby. :D It’s true I only did little things here and there as far as Tenchi goes.

jgzinv
      Hmm I guess it’s a case of working in parallel on either side of the cubical wall. Don’t have any manuals, unless they

are in some zip file somewhere that never got opened? I thought you all just were fluent enough in Japanese you never needed OCR.

Abbyy I didn’t start using till a bit over 2 years ago. Which yes I think you introduced me to as a better OCR.

TA came from game hooking and what the H game community had built for themselves shortly thereafter.

I’m talking about long before that, when I started with KanjiScanOCR and then making a reinstaller for it, then we learned about 1 bit bitmaps through infraview. I didn’t get started heavily with it till probably 2006 at the second AFC. Later on it got a demo patch by someone else. We built the Tenchi name lists between Will1984 and there was another guy who’s name escapes me at the moment, Chrono maybe?

Either way we wouldn’t be where we are without each other. iloveit1

Almael
      😆 I haven’t been able to play much with your mod either I hope you got to enjoy my ships more.

Most of us certainly are more or less fluent. I can’t say I could survive without my books, though.

Without OCR it’s a pain to look up all those Kanjis. And you gotta have higher level of Japanese literature for the Seikai novels. That’s the reason why so many jumped ship once they looked at it. Yeah, they are called light novels but none of those light novel translators ever lasted beyond one page. You might say they got scared by Baronh, but I provided all the translations for them already so I doubt that.

You said it. :D I think we did a good job in promoting it and might be responsible for the spreading of it faster in recent years. Now, I don’t need to do many myself. iloveit1

For me at least it feels similar to how I promoted hard for png, mp3 and other things long ago, too.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.