Hi there!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum Hi there!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Hey, I’m brand new to this forum. I’ve been into Tenchi for a long time, back when it was on Toonami (as I’m sure is the case for many of you). I’m a 22 year old fresh out of college with a Computer Science degree.

I’ve got a few Tenchi DVDs and graphic novels, but I’m always looking for what I haven’t seen or read. Mostly though, I’ve been looking for a Tenchi community; I haven’t really been a part of an anime community since Tenchi first came out. Really, I think Tenchi was the main reason why I started using the internet in the first place, so this is sort of full-circle to me.

Also, this is a super-newbie question, but whenever i click one of the links at the top of the page (Home, Forum, Download, etc), it doesn’t do anything; just adds #nogo(then a number) to the url and doesn’t go anywhere. Okay enough with stupid questions.

I found this forum from a user in the Toonami Aftermath chat, and I thought I’d check it out. I’m not sure if I’ll lurk or not, but I’m looking forward to a fun experience.

-IO

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Replies
      ryokofan21
      Welcome Aboard, hope you enjoy your stay. :D
      It’s good to see you. Welcome to Tenchiforum! :sign:
      jgzinv
      The links at the top of the board are non functional for the moment as the board was recently upgraded and they are a WIP still.
      Anonymous
      First off Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay

Second, yes like JG said, I’m still working on them as I massively upgraded the site 4 days ago, I hope to have them all up before the end of the month

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Who%20made%20these%20Tenchi%20pics/washu_freshbakedmuffin-1.jpg" />

Hihi :) Glad to have you here. Some of our members like to steal eyes but they are harmless ^_^.

Who is your favourite character?

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Welcome to the forum IO! Love the username btw, is this the inspiration for it? 😆

Impossible Odds wrote:

I’m a 22 year old fresh out of college with a Computer Science degree.

…because I’m nearing ‘fresh out of college’ myself, & of course the fun search for an income :Ryokoface:

Impossible Odds wrote:

I’ve got a few Tenchi DVDs and graphic novels, but I’m always looking for what I haven’t seen or read. Mostly though, I’ve been looking for a Tenchi community

Wonderful to hear it! :washu: That’s what we’re all about! We’ve got info and materials from every aspect of Tenchi fandom, but maintaining a welcoming community of fans is what we truly strive for.

No need for worries! No such thing as ‘stupid questions’* if there’s anything you’d like help with or info on, ask away!

Welcome! Although, I’ve only been here myself for a few days. I certainly hope that I was the one who told you about TenchiForum in the TA chat since I hang out there quite often, but irregardless, I’m sure you’ll love it here!
      Impossible Odds
      Participant

Mittens wrote:

Hihi :) Glad to have you here. Some of our members like to steal eyes but they are harmless ^_^.

Who is your favourite character?

Thanks! Um, that’s hard to say. It’s not very easy to choose just one (isn’t that the point of the series? :P). If you had to pin me down, I’d have to say Sasami/Tsunami. That counts as one, right?

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Welcome to the forum IO! Love the username btw, is this the inspiration for it? 😆

Actually, the inspiration for the username comes from something a little less clever. If anyone’s ever played Guild Wars, and ever beat the boss of the Factions expansion, you might be familiar with the phrase. I just always liked saying the phrase out loud, it just rolled off the tongue. That, and the nickname “Io” can be a computer science pun (input/output, or I/O), or an astronomy pun. So there’s a lot of different interpretations!

Tenchi in Tokyo wrote:

Welcome! Although, I’ve only been here myself for a few days. I certainly hope that I was the one who told you about TenchiForum in the TA chat since I hang out there quite often, but irregardless, I’m sure you’ll love it here!

The guy’s name, in the TA chat, was “TenchiFan,” I believe. Not sure if that’s you.

JGZinv wrote:

The links at the top of the board are non functional for the moment as the board was recently upgraded and they are a WIP still.

Ah, thank you. I didn’t want to come off as if I was coming here for just free downloads or some such; I was just worried there was something wrong with my browser or computer.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome, and I hope to see more of you in time!

Kiyoka
      *twirls an eyeball idly on her blood drenched palm* Lovely, another new person. Welcome :Cheeks:
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      isawitplz New members joining up left and right on the only two days I was without Wifi! Anyway, welcome to the forum guys! I love that word of the forum is getting around outside, as we love new members! Love your avatar by the way Impossible Odds, thats a nice pic of Io! (I too am a huge astronomy geek and love the refferences!). If you want to lurk we wont stop you, but I for one would love to hear your posts on a more regular basis, you seem like great new members!
      I think this might be one of the only active Tenchi forums around,if you don’t count the Tenchi sub-board

at Funi’s Official Forums.I could be wrong though.

Impossible Odds wrote:

The guy’s name, in the TA chat, was “TenchiFan,” I believe. Not sure if that’s you.

It was me, actually, although clearly my name in the TA chat is different than my username here. Glad to see I brought another Tenchi fan here.

DarkRoxima
      Welcome to the board!!!! Glad to have you aboard! Now I’m bored… Hey that rhymes-oard? isawitplz
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.