It’s CON season again. (For me at least.)

Forums Fan Stuff Convention Stuff It’s CON season again. (For me at least.)

• This topic is empty.
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Hey ryokofan! Im glad you found your way back and have been having so much fun with anime stuff! Looks like you got quite the haul there! Ive never seen hardly any printed Tenchi material at cons, let alone some of the rare stuff youve picked up! The book all the way to the left in the first pic is the very rare US Tenchi comic. The other three in that row are all from the first Okuda manga series, all first editions (I think). I havent seen any of the art books in the top row before, but they look great! I hope you continue to have a great summer con season, and I hope that my hauls will be half as good as yours! See you around the forum man, take care!
      I’ll be at Ayacon in UK in August, a shame it’s the last one as it’s always been my favourite.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Have fun at Aya :) (I was there in 2011. Sad to see it go..)

Less than two months until Otakon with a few of the guys here and friends. I can’t wait to see Baltimore again and hunt for stuff in the Dealer’s Room.

Anonymous
      Hey Ryokofan, great to see you stop by! Indeed you got a pretty sweet haul, especially the Pioneer commissioned american comics there, some of those comics are really hard to come by, and of course the japanese print is always an interesting find. Glad to see you are doing ok and hope to see you around more!

I personally can’t wait to head to Otakon this year, maybe I’ll finally get my hands on Jojo volume 4 imcryingsomuchplz

Kiyoka
      Why the *bleep* would you WANT the godawful abominations that are the Pioneer comics? I wouldn’t want them even if they were free!
      Anonymous

Kiyoka wrote:

Why the *bleep* would you WANT the godawful abominations that are the Pioneer comics? I wouldn’t want them even if they were free!

For the same reason people would want something like this

Captain Harlock & Friends – Amazon

It’s a collectors item, especially considering some of those issues are actually really hard to find, let alone altogether. Plus it’s Tenchi on top of that, and you can appreciate the art of it bth_imanevilguyplz

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      im jelly of u right now dude! i’d pay for any of those. like dagon said, the artwork on the front is beautiful, & that alone would make it worth owning to me.

p.s. hiya! good to hear from u dude

Now the only question is do you have enough money left over ?

I don’t know but there has to be a lot better reason for picking something up other than it’s a rare

collector’s item.It also has to have some value,at least to the buyer.

ryokofan21
      Hey guys. How has everyone been. I’ll keep this quick. So this past weekend was Anime Southeast which has become my go to convention. And this year they invited someone very cool who actually got to be a part of Tenchi within the past year.

I’m speaking of Ms. Cherami Leigh who is the English voice actore for Wahanly Shume from War on Geminar. It was so cool to get to meet her and even talk a little Tenchi with her. I asked her what it was like for her to play Wahanly and what it was like to be a part of Tenchi. She told me that she was thrilled about it and that she would love to do it again if Kajishima decides to continue it. She even autographed some stuff for me.

It really was cool to meet her. Of course she wasn’t the only reason I went because Vic Mignogna was there as well. But when I found out how much she loved Tenchi it just made my day. I told her about us and about the Geminar Cast that we had recently done and she seemed excited to hear about us.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1002394_10201388148246868_1350278536_n.jpg" />

This is the artbook that came with what I assume is the special edition of War on Geminar Part 1.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1075667_10201388149526900_1927069627_n.jpg" />

If you ever get a chance to meet her at a con, DO IT. She is so cool and so energetic and lively. It was a lot of fun to get to meet her and I hope she comes back not only as Wahanly but back to Anime SouthEast.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      First off: That is so awesome man! Her voice acting was one of the best, if not THE best parts of the show for me! I had no idea she was so excited about Tenchi. Thanks for keeping her and us up to date with each other, its phenomenal to have such a cool relationship with people who worked on our favorite shows! Maybe she would even be willing to do an interview with us, like Petrea did?

Second off: Man, that shirt you’re wearing… I want one sooooo bad now! XD lol

Thanks for the update Ryokofan, it sounds like you had a great con!

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

chucklocker wrote:

Maybe she would even be willing to do an interview with us, like Petrea did?

Hmmm…we’ll see (give it some time).

Fantastic update dude! Awesome autograph, & even cooler you got to talk some Tenchi with her!

Anonymous
      Thats so awesome Ryokofan! I have to say its always an awesome feeling when you feel like a con is “your” con, of course mine being Ohayocon, but you were there from it’s inception, so you could even call yourself an OG :Cheeks:
      ryokofan21
      Thanks guys, it was really cool.

chucklocker wrote:

Maybe she would even be willing to do an interview with us, like Petrea did?

chuck I would love to be able to do an interview with Cherami. That would be so cool. She seemed like she really loves Tenchi. And you’re right chuck, she did an incredible job voice acting as Wahanly. I even told her that I thought she was an amazing spiritual successor to Washu. :D

Dagon123 wrote:

Thats so awesome Ryokofan! I have to say its always an awesome feeling when you feel like a con is “your” con, of course mine being Ohayocon, but you were there from it’s inception, so you could even call yourself an OG :Cheeks:

Yeah it is pretty cool Dagon. Now I just can’t wait until next year. :D

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.