Members Bio Thread!

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Members Bio Thread!

This thread is for further introducing yourself and maybe helping everyone on the board get to know how varied the community is (or spread out). You can post something like your age, county, state if you want to include it, a little blurb about yourself, and a photo so we can get an idea of who our fandom is ^_^.

The name’s Ryne, I live in the United States on the West Coast (Pacific Northwest specifically, lots of drizzles, coffee, and hippies). I’m currently 19 and working my way through a marketing major in college =D. I love economics, anime, and Tenchi Muyo =3. Alright now your turns! Btw posting a picture of myself from a year ago, I look about the same, slightly different hair and facial hair depending on the circumstances xD (in other words how manly I want my beard to be).

Btw, I’m six foot tall in case anyone was curious xD

Viewing 89 reply threads
  • Replies
      FBI Internet Personality File

Name: [Redacted]

Aliases: Kirby, Tripper, Meatloaf, Chief, “T”, Krbyfan1, KirbyFanOne, Ryoko’s Stepdad, The Turkey

Current Location: Sandwich, Illinois, United States

Physical Appearance: 6″ 0′, 205 lbs. Brown hair, green-blue eyes

Bio: Mr. [Redacted] is very loud and outspoken on numerous subjects, including government incompetence (Us being incompetent? Hysterical), video games, rabbits, culinary expertise, and self-proclaimed “King of Awesomeville, Planet Earth”. It is safe to assume Mr. [Redacted] is not our friend.

And potentially dangerous.

While he stays indoors mostly, he does venture out for necessities and supplies, and to earn funds for his many campaigns. To what ends he seeks remains unclear. His mental capabilities range from volatile to subdued, usually depending on his work schedule and proximity to certain people. He is often curious about others and their conflicts and usually seeks a win win situation, but has been known to strike win lose deals in his career, to his benefit preferably.

We should keep an eye on him as much as possible, who knows what he has up his sleeve.

File photo, estimated around April 2010

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/Krbyfan1/filephoto.jpg" />

Approach with extreme caution.

Yugi12
      I’m 24 years old and I live in the United States.

I first saw Tenchi back when it aired on Toonami back in 2000.

I’m kind of an outcast among Tenchi fans since my favorite Tenchi series is Tenchi in Tokyo.

I got back into Tenchi in 2008. I get internet in my house, so I decided to look up Toonami on Wikipedia. I looked up Tenchi, and a lot of old memories came rushing back.

I started saving up money and I bought the Tenchi in Tokyo set with all 26 episodes. Soon I bought the Tenchi Universe set, and the Tenchi movies as well.

I soon bought as much Tenchi stuff as I could.

I’m a member of a couple of Tenchi forums, but Tenchiforum is the Tenchi forum I’m most active at.

I’m also a fan of Buffy and Angel, Digimon, James Bond, and the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic books.

As for what my user name means. Well Yugi’s one of my favorite Tenchi characters and I was 12 when Tenchi first aired on Toonami. Put it together and you get Yugi12.

devilbecka
      Yoohoo im becka

MY AGE IS 21

and i live in a little town in northeast of England called south shields im currently employed i love anything to rock to metal, anime to scifi to dramas to sit coms oh what the hell i’ll just say anything XD though thoses sitcoms there have to funny as hell lol i sometimes like to partie with my buds and get totally annulated but i find it hard when i work but all is good im a bit of a laid back person but busy and active at the same time. just can’t keep still I LOVE IT!! LOL i just get on with it no questions ask but have a Hilarious funny crazy shreak from time to time….hey what can i say it pasts the time but i can get serious if i really need to but all and all im becka and i approve this messege LOL!!!!!!

i’ll putt up an image when i get some time XD

I’m Charlie, I’m 28 years old and I live in London. I work for a book publishing company, doing editorial work. I’ve been into Tenchi for about ten years now, and it’s still one of my favourite anime (I like the manga too *ducks the rotten fruit*). I love to read manga, and books in general. I listen to more music than I really have time to, and I like watching various sports and going to the cinema too. Plus the Final Fantasy series :)
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      My name…shall remain a mystery for now…muahahahaaa! Here & on yt as well, I am known as wwwwhhhhoooo (“who” but spelled a stupid way…gee, aren’t I clever? lol) Also known as Lobo in some circles, if you prefer; been mah’ nickname for many a years. I’m 21, keep myself busy with work & trying to afford to stay in college. I dunno’ what I’ll end up doing for a career, but if I can do something involving writing, video editing and/or animation…I can die a happy man ^-^

I’m from Nebraska–for those of you not-familiar with this vast expanse of largely uninhabited land, it’s in the middle of the U.S. My interests are many: music, writing, drawing, editing to name a few, & other than Tenchi Muyo, some anime I greatly enjoy are Fullmetal Alchemist (both, but I think we all know Brotherhood is cooler) DBZ & Gurren Lagan. Like many others, I first encountered Tenchi Muyo on good ol’ Toonami in days of yore, but for many years my Tenchi fandom remained dormant. One day, I happened to stumble upon it online, & I was hit with a flood of nostalgia & my love of Tenchi Muyo was rekindled.

Weeeell…that’s enough about me…guess I’ll post a pic as well just for kicks… (in black n white, cuz I wanna’ be super artsy, & because Ryoko’s stepdad is such a trend setter) ^-^

devilbecka
      OH YEAH!!!!
      Anonymous
      Good stuff guys, it’s nice to see we have people across the pond and from multiple corners of the States ^_^. Btw wwwhhhooo, my great grandpa lives in Nebraska, specifically near Lincoln (I actually went to visit him last August, checked out the campus and briefly went on the field and to see my grandpa’s old fraternity xP.

Nice to see we have a good variety of people in here, Tenchi draws in so many cool people =D!

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Akawoa wrote:

Good stuff guys, it’s nice to see we have people across the pond and from multiple corners of the States ^_^. Btw wwwhhhooo, my great grandpa lives in Nebraska, specifically near Lincoln (I actually went to visit him last August, checked out the campus and briefly went on the field and to see my grandpa’s old fraternity xP.

Nice to see we have a good variety of people in here, Tenchi draws in so many cool people =D!

That is awesome! (& awesome that you are able to visit your GREAT grandpa) If you’re ever near Lincoln again, you should let me know! (you know, if you have time to say hi)

& I agree, I often think how amazing it is how many people I’ve met thanks to an anime I used to watch on CN so many years ago… & thanks to you guys for Tenchiforum of course

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

whitepwny123 wrote:

and PS I don’t wear makeup all the time I just did it to prove I’m hardcore

If Johnny Depp is allowed to do it, I don’t see why you shouldn’t be

GregTheLion
      Name: Greg (or Gregory, I answer to both)

General appearence: somewhat tall, black hair, blue eyes, scar on the right arm

Current Location: Near Nottingham

Internet Alias(es): GregTheLion, Alvah-and-freinds (DA)

Interests: Drawing, Animation, Tenchi, Muppets and Jeff Dunham

Sparkle
      Hi! I’m Sparkle (: I’m 16 years old, live in rainy Scotland and female. Last time I checked anyways. Huge Harry Potter fan, and Nintendo nerd :3 Absolutely love Lady Gaga! Favourite anime? Apart from Tenchi (obviously!) It’s a toughie, can’t pick between Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (: I’m pretty tall, 5’8, and I just finished my exams (: Oh yeah and I have this thing where I write in pink or that pinky/violet colour on any forum I go on. It’s just a habit from the first forum I ever joined when I was like 12 haha! It’s kinda how I get known I guess. :3

Oh yeah, and I have a weird obsession for American Shows like Biggest Loser USA and the Ellen Degeneres show. I’m addicted to both and refuse to watch the Brittish alternatives haha!

its a bit big so I added a spoiler to keep size down

okay those who opened the spoiler must now make A DC 40 WILL SAVE.

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr324/shadowman2330/Snapshot_20110715_32.jpg" />

if you failed your save, you become affected by charm person (no bonuses if you are the same sex)

i fully expected washu to pass that

but you know how critical fails come up at the worst moments?

this was one of them.

so about me, one day i found a magic lamp which contained a single genie witha single wish.

i wished that i was phat.

the world runs on technicalities i swear.

i love TM even OVA 3 (for those who were not present at the rant thread I STOPPED POSTING AND I RETRACT MY ARGUMENTS

just don’t go posting about my opinions i have taken them back because they were causing problems. now pay me five bucks for that 1 minute you made me waste.XD)

im hyper 20 yrs old. and single, since birth. i currently work at a branch of funimation as a scripter (currently in training), i live in a apartment in mass, adore all types of technological entertainment, and all types of washu. wow that came out of nowhere…. not sure were that leaves us….

that leaves us with this question.

its obvious that your more hardcore than jhonny depp..

but what about Adam Lambert??

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/adam-lambert-gay.jpg

Vinny2142
      Hey all, as my username hints at, my name is Vincent, I’m 19 going on 20, and I live in Pennsylvania (The good old rustbelt valley of corruption haha). I’m going after a Computer science degree in college while also being an active cadet of the Air Force ROTC. Needless to say, during the school year, my blood is caffeine haha.

As for how my interest for Tenchi Muyo started, pretty much it was like everyone else here – saw episode 1 of the series on toonami and became an instant fan (it stood out from all the other shows, but in a cool way). Since I was young at the time when I saw that series run through, it was kinda just a fad for me though, so I never became like a guru or anything like that with the show – I did video tape the series when I got the chance to though since I noticed reruns weren’t happening like they should have 😥 (as for where those tapes are I have no clue).

After some time going by though, I kind of forgot about it, but then when I was in 8th grade I remembered the series and even got my one friend into the show – but then again I forgot about the show after a while :/

Now as for me being a fan again recently, I got hit by a nostalgia attack (saw the closing message of toonami) and thanks to youtube, I got back into the series – much more so than in the past. As for this site, I found it thanks to it’s youtube page!

So all in all, let’s make sure the series stays alive!, besides, who wouldn’t want to see more of this? –> :fight:

Here’s a pic of me, that’s pretty much how I have to look all the time – minus the sunglasses haha.[attachment=0]Photo-0151m.jpg[/attachment]

Jabberwocky
      Name: Julie

Currently I live in El Paso, TX where I’m getting my doctorate in legal psychology. I was raised in northeastern Ohio, though, and spent 4 years in Myrtle Beach, SC getting my bachelors degree.

I’ll give you a pic, but I’m only going to leave it up for a limited time, so look while you can! ;)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281974_710451208348_42706881_35737598_5498042_n.jpg" />

Anonymous
      Oh wow nice pic! I’m always amazed at how broad our fanbase is here, we have people of all ages and from all places! Must be a testament to how good Tenchi is <3 :hero:!
      Sleepa Spell
      Name: Michael/Mikie/Mike

Nickname: Mickey/Shaggy/Sleepypie

Height/weight: 5’9″/– (I haven’t measured in awhile, but if you must know weight, ask for PM)

Location: Lincolnton, North Carolina. I live somewhat in a rural area, cable doesn’t run far out enough to supply us with good internet. sooo… we switched to satellite thinking it’d be better than dial-up. It’s not. Can barely load videos with it. Most of the time when I watch videos I tether/hotspot with my dad’s motorola.

Activities/interests: I used to play soccer when I was younger, I don’t do any sports now. I wanted to take a martial art, but most of them are expensive, and there isn’t anywhere close to participate in them. I’m homeschooled, mostly by a program on my computer. As for what I hope to do as I get older, I’m still undecided, but I’m studying robotics, circuitry, computer programming, and computer arts as a few of my electives. Anyway, about how I discovered Tenchi. I loved Toonami when I was younger, but I never noticed Tenchi like many of you did, I was only recently Introduced to the series by Little Washu. So far I’ve seen the OVAs and I’m working on watching Universe. Favorite characters in the order: Mihoshi, Ryoko, Washu, Ayeka (too many to name them all). So far it’s a great series! (OVA 3 could’ve been better however -_-).

Here’s a picture of myself, taken this year.

Put it in a spoiler, and it’s a bit blurry.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd371/SleepaSpell/IMAG0315.jpg" />

Jabberwocky

Akawoa wrote:

Oh wow nice pic! I’m always amazed at how broad our fanbase is here, we have people of all ages and from all places! Must be a testament to how good Tenchi is <3 :hero:!

Why thank you! That’s one thing I love about forums — you meet all kinds of people you wouldn’t otherwise have the pleasure of getting to know.

Little Washu wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

Akawoa wrote:

Why thank you! That’s one thing I love about forums — you meet all kinds of people you wouldn’t otherwise have the pleasure of getting to know.

Yeah, definitely agree to all of those statements! Especially the picture. ^_-

I’m glad I’ve had the pleasure to meet all of you through this forum. ^_^

Well how about you step up and show bobs right now? I don’t think I’ve seen you yet.

Everyone here is really cute. Even the guys and the underaged :3
      devilbecka
      from the pits of hell lol
      Tenchi-sama
      Very nice to see the diversity on the forum. 8-)

My name is Mario (as I mentioned in my noob intro lol)

Born and raised in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale to exact) and still here lol. Currently a college student majoring in International Business (hoping to start a business in Japan in the future :ugeek:) at FAU and I also work full-time at Walgreens. I started watching Tenchi back in early 2000 on Toonami. I would watch Tenchi on a daily basis and would be pissed if I missed an episode lol. I’m also a fan of Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Naruto & Initial D.

I’m a big fanatic of cars and especially drifting. Currently building my 96 Nissan 240SX. :BigSmile:

I’m on the one on the right..

Tenchi-sama

JGZinv wrote:

You can probably appreciate this image then…. :)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1/GuardianZinv/Non%20Dual%201/800px-Datsun260Z-22.jpg" />

SEX!!! lol :AAANND:

Does that belong to you??

jgzinv
      No… I just have an appreciation for Wangen Midnight.

I’ve got a few other pics that aren’t bad either… :)

Well to begin with I have my birthday coming up on Saturday and will be 53.Hate to admit that.

I have been watching anime for around 10 years now,and subs for around 7 or 6 years.When I’m not watching anime

I like to watch shows like House,Alcatraz,Hawaii 5-O,Castle,NCIS,NCIS:LOS ANGELES,Wipeout,Person of Interest,

Who Do You Think You Are?Fringe,etc.

I also follow sports but mainly Minnesota and Seattle teams.Since the Sonics parted ways with Seattle I have been

following the Jazz and Bulls mainly.

I also live in northeastern Washington state,just north of Spokane.

Sundays I attend the local United Church of Christ,which might surprise some people since I also vote Republican. 😆

Currently I have no pets,but in the past I had had both dogs and cats.

When it comes to non-anime cartoons I perfer the classics like The Flintstones,The Jetsons,Archie,Josie And The Pussycats,

Tennessee Tuxedo,Huckleberry Hound,etc.

I’m also your basic Northwestern European mix:Scottish-Irish-Welsh-English-French-Swiss-German-Dutch(Flemish)

I’m into genealogy and trying hard to get my own pedigree down.But as I have found out it’s not rocket science and have

to keep changing what I have every now and then.

One of my other interests outside of anime is the American Civil War,since I had relatives on both sides. :fight:

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Hello mitsuki lover, guess what? I LOVE CASTLE TOO! I simply can’t get enough of that show! I’m also no stranger to odd religious/political mixes, as my family is both Lutheran and Republican believe it or not. I love your taste in non-anime cartoons too. You wouldnt happen to remember a show called “Star Blazers” would you? My mother introduced me to this Japanese gem from the 70’s and 80’s and I cant get enough of it. My father is an amateur genealogist too (he’s traced us all the way back to Europe!) so I know how frustrating hunting for your ancestors can be. I’m an undergraduate History student and the American Civil-War is one of my favorite topics, perhaps I’ve heard of your ancestors? Anyway, I’m glad to find someone with so many similar interests so soon after joining! I’ll post a full biography of myself sometime soon.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      As Promised, here is my Bio!

My name is Charles and I grew up in south eastern Pennsylvania. I now live in Lancaster county, Pennsylvania where I am studying history as an under-graduate.

I am a massive space geek, and I have been ever since I was little and I would watch “Apollo 13” every day! I am always reading up on the latest NASA missions, and probably own every space documentary there is. Naturally then it follows that most of my favorite movies and tv shows are sci-fi. My favorite shows are Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and Star Trek, but I also love Big Bang Theory, Castle, and of course Tenchi Muyo! :D . I was really into anime during the early 2000’s, but I soon drifted away from anime after shows like Naruto and Dragonball GT started drowning out my favorites (no offense to anyone who is a fan of these shows, I simply never could get into them). The anime that I do remember most (aside from Dragonball Z, which I have lost all interest in) was Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and one of the Gundam series (I don’t remember which). Musically my interests run from classical (I play the Viola), to 30’s big band, all the way to Mumford and Sons, but my favorite band is Talking Heads. I’ve never ben to a con, but I would really like to sometime soon.

Well I suppose I should have said my first name is Scott because of my dad’s nickname.

No,I never watched Star Blazers.Though I have seen the ads for it in Starlog magazine.

My paternal grandma was from Schuylkill co. Pennsylvania and my maternal granpa was from Westmoreland co.

on the other side of the state.Through my paternal grandma I’m descended from William Rittenhouse who started

the first paper mill in the English colonies.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow thats a better historical pedigree than I have! The most notable member of my lineage was a leader of a county KKK group… 😳
      OUCH!

I suppose you keep that hidden in the closet a bit?

What is interesting is that I descend from William Rittenhouse two ways as my G-G-G Grandparents Martin D.Rittenhouse and

Amelia Rittenhouse were second cousins.

ryokofan21
      A little overdue but here’s mine.

My real name is James. I’m an artist, student, amateur writer, and resident Fair To Midland fanatic. Originally born in Georgia but didn’t stay there long. Due to my parents working on the road we moved around a lot when I was born. First Georgia, then Michigan, Mississippi, South Carolina, and then the family settled down in Tennessee. Though we would move a few more times I’ve lived in TN now for almost my entire adult life. Finally settling down in The Secrety City (i’m also a bit of a history nut) :D. This September would make it 14 years I’ve called the hills of East TN home. But enough about that. I’ve been into Anime since I first heard of Toonami way back when. When I’m not watching Anime I’ll try to keep myself busy by drawing, reading, writing, or try to come up with new ideas for videos. I’ve been studying for a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) degree the past few years. Its an interesting path but I like to keep my options open. That’s about it for me.

Well this is me,

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/564527_3478049831174_1269104078_3438188_972012688_n.jpg" />

Cool retro looking hat. 8-)

Uh…what is Secrety City?

What part of history are you interested in?

ryokofan21

mitsuki lover wrote:

Cool retro looking hat. 8-)

Uh…what is Secrety City?

What part of history are you interested in?

The Secret City of which I speak and call home is Oak Ridge, TN. The same Secret City that was involved in the Manhattan Project during WWII. I love my towns history. I love any histroy pertaining to the Manhattan Project, NASA, Area 51, and Japanese History and Culture. And I must admit that hat is just a tad too big for my head 😆 .

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

ryokofan21 wrote:

The Secret City of which I speak and call home is Oak Ridge, TN. The same Secret City that was involved in the Manhattan Project during WWII

Hey I just read this article about Oak Ridge, TN! It must be a cool place to live, tell me are you in any of these pics?

ryokofan21

chucklocker wrote:

ryokofan21 wrote:

The Secret City of which I speak and call home is Oak Ridge, TN. The same Secret City that was involved in the Manhattan Project during WWII

Hey I just read this article about Oak Ridge, TN! It must be a cool place to live, tell me are you in any of these pics?

😆 No i’m not in any of those pictures. That is a good article. My family actually lived in one of those houses that the goverment built before we moved to the other side of town. We call em letter houses. I think it went from A-D varying in sizes. Some were bigger so they could accomodate larger families.

shadbomb77
      Hello everyone!

I finally get a chance to put some info on myself. I said I was going to do this a long time ago but with school, work, and family occupying my time I did not have the chance. I take this little time I have now in between Tenchi Universide episodes to tell you all about myself.

My name is Shadi. Pronounced Shad-eee. I am 20 years old and live in southern California. I got into Tenchi when I first saw it on Toonami back in the day. It was my first anime I had ever seen. I instantly fell in love with it. Now through the years my love for the show had not died but just been placed on the side for school, sports, women, family, etc. About 6 months ago I had found a box in my room filled with VHS tapes from my past. Going all the way to my young childhood with my Thomas of the tank engine tapes and etc. I found these recordable VHS tapes marked in my 12 year old handwriting that said “Best Show Ever” I was really curious what was on them and behold Tenchi Muyo OVA 1 on the first VHS I dug up. I then found the forum on YouTube watched the whole series again. Joined the forum (My first forum) and have met alot of you. I honestly cannot wait to get more involved in this great community and look forward to talking to more of you!

Just some personal stuff about me. I love sports. Cant get enough of them. I love going to the beach. I am currently in college studying Political Science. Fav Tenchi characters. Tenchi. Ryoko. Washu. Yosho. Nobuyuki. The guardians. Kiyone. Sasami. Basically the whole cast. and yeah…please feel free to ask if you wanna know more about me! Sorry for the long winded post. This feels amazing to finally post on this thread. I hope you can all put up with my forum noobness and teach me what you can about Tenchi.

Thanks again!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Thanks for telling us a little about yourself Shadi! It’s amazing how familiar I find your story! (I too have gone through old VHS tapes to find Thomas the tank engine and other gems from my childhood!). This is my first forum as well, but I can assure you that the people here are respectful and welcoming :sign:

I too remember how great it felt to post in this thread the first time, it gave me the courage and inspiration to start posting everywhere else here, and even start a few threads of my own! I hope that you too will take full advantage of this wonderful forum.

shadbomb77 wrote:

I was really curious what was on them and behold Tenchi Muyo OVA 1 on the first VHS I dug up.

OMG please tell me you have means to transfer that to YouTube or something, with the commercials and everything!

Also, not to sound rude or anything, but if you’re twenty now, you were twelve in 2004, and Tenchi was off the air for a long time. Oh, and Toonami began to marginally get worse, but there’s probably a thread for that somewhere. Of course, unless you wrote that in 2004 going through the tapes beforehand. It seems I wasn’t the only one still using VHS tapes in 2004…

shadbomb77

SilverWhisper wrote:

shadbomb77 wrote:

I was really curious what was on them and behold Tenchi Muyo OVA 1 on the first VHS I dug up.

OMG please tell me you have means to transfer that to YouTube or something, with the commercials and everything!

Also, not to sound rude or anything, but if you’re twenty now, you were twelve in 2004, and Tenchi was off the air for a long time. Oh, and Toonami began to marginally get worse, but there’s probably a thread for that somewhere. Of course, unless you wrote that in 2004 going through the tapes beforehand. It seems I wasn’t the only one still using VHS tapes in 2004…

At this point i have no capture device. Trying to invest in an HD PVR when i get some spare cash and a better computer. And yeah my math was off haha.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

SilverWhisper wrote:

It seems I wasn’t the only one still using VHS tapes in 2004…

Dude, I still use VHS tapes! I honestly think they are a superior medium.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Thanks for sharing Shadi. To see after all these years, Tenchi as it was on Toonami, with the bumpers, promos, commercials and tv edits and all… you got a piece of history there. Be sure to hang on to them!

I’m not saying you should feel obligated to do so by any means, but if you were someday looking to convert those and didn’t have a converter, there are places that would do that professionally. No idea how much that would cost or who to go to for a quality job or anything like that, so perhaps better to just preserve them as-is for now

Thorn
      Well, I’ve neglected to post anything about myself thus far so I figure now’s as good a time as any.

I was born and raised in the Permian Basin of West Texas. I won’t say which town, but for you sleuths out there, it is one of the two neighboring towns that former President George W. Bush lived in as a child. I am 21 years old, and I am a recent College graduate with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice. I hope to become a U.S. Marshal in the near future. As some of you already know, I enjoy firearms and recreational shooting. My other hobbies and interests include study of history (particularly WWII), aviation and aviation history, writing, drawing, and Kung Fu. I also have an interest in random bits of useless trivia.

As for anime, I’m sure my story is similar to many of yours. The earliest memory of it I have is watching Sailor Moon and DBZ as a kid when Toonami was a new tv block. I’ve held an interest in it ever since, but the old Toonami anime is still very special to me; especially Tenchi, DBZ, and Outlaw Star. 😎

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      W…Wait a second….

Thorn, you’re not really Admiral Tigerclaw in disguise, are you?

Thorn
      I could be… :Cheeks:
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Thorn wrote:

I could be… :Cheeks:

You can see why we–especially ForWashuu–would be intrigued:

http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=576” class=”bbcode_url”>http://tenchiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=576

p.s. thank you for sharing Thorn :D

Thorn
      ^ Yes, I had seen that before. But alas, I’m not Admiral Tigerclaw. I do, however, love music and play the Saxophone.
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Well, at least that’s two redeemable qualities in you. :D
      Thorn
      alaskaplz. Actually, I consider most of my qualities to be redeeming. Lack of modesty obviously isn’t one of them. :Cheeks:
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      And you have a sweet gas mask, not to mention the… um, the…

Okay, what kind of gun is that?

Thorn
      Nice Israeli bro! I’m looking into one myself, as for guns, well, I assume you’ve already read my post in this thread.
      Thorn
      Actually, it was an airport disaster drill a few months ago. They had theatrical makeup and appliances and the result was pretty realistic.
      Nerevar
      Participant
      I’m 24 Live in Butte MT. a frozen hell this time of year. (Nov Dec)

With my beard grown I look almost like a carbon copy of Silent Bob I’ll post a pic here when i get a good one that i can approve of. around 6′ tall. Black hair and beard.

I have a mouth of a sailor according to my friends so fair warning. I’m currently going to College for Cryogenics and Psychology. (I know worlds apart.) I originally found Tenchi on Toonami and was hooked instantly which led to my obsession of Anime. My rule is have an open mind while watching and dont judge till after you gave it a shot.

Hopefully this will suffice.

Nerevar
      Participant
      True true. still better be safe then sorry.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Well, it has been exactly one year to the day since I joined this forum, and it has been one hell of an experience! I’ve made some great friends and been introduced to some amazing anime along the way, and after all this time I am STILL excited everytime I log on! I continue to love Tenchi Muyo! in all its many forms, and I have high hopes for its future. But this is a bio thread, and things have certainly changed in my life during this last trip around the sun. In May I will graduate from University with Departmental Honors and Suma Cum Laude. I have been accepted into some of my country’s top law schools, and have numerous awards and scholarships under my belt. Most importantly of all, however, I have a strong sense of purpose going forward and a firm command of my future. I truly believe that this year will be even more fruitful than the last, and I look forward to sharing it with you guys every step of the way! So to all of you that I’ve met here, either in person or online, I say thank you for enriching my life and I hope that I brought as much enjoyment to your year as you have brought to mine!
      Ballsmagee01
      well there is not much to tell bout me but i was born on the east coast of USA and have been chilling since and doing stupid stuff like this. (im the one to the right swinging my shirt XD) :Tenchismile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBp10M5ToaE&feature=youtu.be

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

chucklocker wrote:

So to all of you that I’ve met here, either in person or online, I say thank you for enriching my life and I hope that I brought as much enjoyment to your year as you have brought to mine!

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxO_jD-TFrM[/BBvideo]

beautiful, man, we’re glad you found your way here too :Tenchismile:

as for me, yeah, a lot of stuff has happened, even more stuff now as I too am prepared to gradgitate, but unlike chuck, I’ll have to wait if–I mean, when (optimism!)–I actually accomplish something to share it with anyone (congrats btw, chuck) 😎

thanks for sharing that funny vid & some info as well, balls 😆 we’re glad to have you too (been nice to have some new life breathed into Tenchi amv-making) :D

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Interests:

Minerals,Rocks,Crystals

Sci fi Starship design

Pokemon TCG collecting till im 80 or dead

Cartoons / Anime

Bio:

Worked At Walmart from 2002-2011 in Pottstown PA

US Army Recruit from 9/05-1/06 given unconditional discharge for having anxiety issues or so they say =/

Working at DQ now cleaning it up before opening

Lived in Norfolk VA,Oak Harbor WA, Suquamish WA, Trinity AL, Pottstown PA, Fort Benning GA, Boyertown PA.

Been Single since 2003

I mostly watch cartoons on Xfinity On-demand and Cartoon Network and Pawn Stars and Ancient Aliens

I run BOINC SETI@Home on my PC cus SCIENCE! :D

unlike most Star Trek fans i enjoyed the 2009 + 2013 movies

my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nathan.kaiser3

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/kaisernathan1701/HNI_0092-2.jpg~original" />

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/kaisernathan1701/HNI_0090-2.jpg~original" />

Depending on eye i use mostly for viewing i’ll look like this:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/kaisernathan1701/HNI_0094-3.jpg~original" />

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w144/kaisernathan1701/HNI_0093-2.jpg~original" />

I was born crossed eyed and i had Surgery at very young in a Naval Hospital to fix it but at age 10 or 11 it somehow undid itself partially =/

NinjaboyMMGN
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/934819_302554923208744_1695247154_n.jpgNice Bio man… I should do one too.

Hey all.

My real name is Trent. I’m 21 and from Australia. I am currently a casual Security Officer at many different pubs and clubs in Brisbane. I also study Game Design and I’m planing to write my thesis on Game Controls and Muscle Memory. Which may or may not have been done before.

Here is a creepy bearded photo of me!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/934819_302554923208744_1695247154_n.jpg" />

Yosho24
      Hey, my name is Mat but you can call me Yosho. I’m 23 years old and I was born and raised on the beautiful New Jersey shore. (No, I do not “fist pump” and I have never met a guido. Not one that’s actually from Jersey at least. But I digress.) I’m about 6 feet tall and weigh just under 220 lbs. I grew up playing sports my whole life so I’m pretty athletic, so naturally I’m really into all kinds of sports. (HUGE Cincinnati Bengals fan.) I collect Retro and modern video games and have amassed a huge collection over the last 3 years or so. (So if you have any questions about retro games or anything of the sort, I’m your man.) I work in retail unloading trucks and doing warehouse work and stocking. I took Muay Thai classes along with BJJ for 3 years. I’m currently trying to get back into school and hopefully find myself a career that I can survive off of. I also have a lot of interest in Japanese culture and would love to visit the “land of the rising sun” some day. I’m fairly new to anime although I’ve been watching different series’ since i was a young kid. I remember being a very big Voltron and Sailor Moon fan until i became a huge fan of all things Dragonball like most guys my age. I discovered Tenchi when I was 10 years old on Toonami. I had an interest in it but never really got into it as much as i would have liked. However, Ryoko was my very first anime crush. :D It wasn’t until about 8 months ago that i decided to look Tenchi up and I totally fell in love with the series. Well, that’s about it for now. PM me if you want to know anything else!

Here’s a couple pictures of myself…

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1619287_10202831494566757_1236320108_n.jpg" />

Here’s me and Bryan Johnson from AMC’s Comic Book Men…

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575566_10200953847746760_993381848_n.jpg" />

Go Bengals…

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/1474657_10202554617084993_1773186133_n.jpg" />

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      Awesome Photo’s :)
      Yosho24
      Thanks dude, killer beard btw :)
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Retro games, eh?

Are you a fan of Final Fantasy VI, Need for Speed: Porsche, the Descent games, or Shining Force?

The-Kaiser
      Participant

Yosho24 wrote:

Thanks dude, killer beard btw :)

Yosho24

For Washuu wrote:

Are you a fan of Final Fantasy VI, Need for Speed: Porsche, the Descent games, or Shining Force?

Love the final fantasy series although I haven’t played VI in quite a few years now. It was always my second favorite behind IX. Ive played most of the NFS franchise aside from the newer entrys (i think i stopped at underground 2) but I dont think ive ever played porsche. Never played the descent games but Shining Force is awesome, especially the 2nd one. soawesome1 Shining Force 3 is one of the games that ive been looking for for a while now, I just don’t want to pay the $100+ for it :(

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Try finding an emulator and rom for the game. I’m pretty sure you can find an emulator for the Saturn, as well as roms.

And HOW can you play through the NFS franchise and NOT play Porsche?!?

wth2 butts1 Kiyofacepalm1 wtfisthis1

Yosho24
      Lol idk i guess i just must’ve missed that one when i was a kid. I’ll definitely put that one on my list of games i need, is it any good? And as far as shining force 3 goes, as a collector i’d love to just have it in my collection. Nothing against emulation but nothing beats sitting in front of your tv with a controller in your hand soawesome1
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Controller

And it’s not too hard to get a TV to hook up to a computer nowdays. (Heck, it’s been manageable since those games came out.)

ookamilord
      Participant
      well i now know a little more about the people that i talk to on mini chat well lets see if i can take a crack at it. i was born i Tampa FL. i move to IL with my mother and my abusive father at the time i was only a few month old. i have lived in various parts in IL for most of my life never staying in one place for more that 3 years max. i was introduced to anime at the age of 7 when my step father introduced me to pokemon and from there i was hooked like most i watched tenchi when it first hit toonami. at the time i was living in a white supremacy town and most people who talked to me on chat will know this i am half white and half native american. i got hooked on it and if i could watch it on time i would tape it with vcr. sadly those tapes are poof when a flood destroyed them sadface1 . since tenchi i have watched well over 200 titles ranging from old to new and im still learning new stuff about anime. some might have came across these names on others sites i used shamankid91692 and damned soul 91692. my name is james it will be changed soon because step dad wants me to have his last name but that can happen until my sperm donor terminates his rights. i am 21 years old and i have a slight reading disability. so please pardon grammar errors. my tribes are unknown on my fathers side but om my mothers side i believe i am lakota cheynne and siox. from what we have found so far with my broken family tree is that i was sitting bulls medicine man or his shaman was my ancestor. my brain hurts mmmm1 . i am wanting to go into IT to finish my athena program and wanting to go into game design. my hobbies that are outside of anime and manga are drawing (not very good at it) writing, games.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Another year gone by.

Today is the second anniversary of my joining up here at Tenchiforum, and what a two years it’s been! So many things have changed, the people, the projects, even the site itself! One thing has remained constant throughout all that time, however, and that’s the great bond that I feel with this place and everyone on it every time I log on. Seriously, thank you to everyone I’ve ever had the privilege of sharing time with on here. To my friends who are no longer here, or don’t come around as often, I hope you know how great you made my earliest days here, and that I will always look forward to talking with you again. To my friends who are here now, thank you for being here and providing much needed fun and distraction in my life; you are the reason I’m still here today. To all the friends I haven’t met yet, I hope that you will all find this place as fun and enriching as I have, and I hope that I will always be here to share it with you!

And now, as I did one year ago, a brief recap and update of my bio! First and foremost, I had the time of my life at Otakon 2013 with my friends and fellow staff members Dagon123, Who, Mittens, and JGZinv. Sharing that wonderful weekend of anime, friendship, and roadrage with you all was one of the best experiences of my life, and was the perfect sendoff as I made a very big transition in my life (more on that later!). Secondly, I once again had the thrilling opportunity to take part in an interview with a Tenchi voice actor, this time the man himself, Mr. Matt K. Miller! It was a fantastic podcast, and I was very honored to not only talk with Matt, but also to ask him questions that were submitted by my fellow Tenchi fans, both here and across the web! Finally, it was an immense pleasure of mine to help out, even if it was only in a very small capacity, with the great projects that our most industrious members have started. The site update, the translation projects, and all the others; The great play of Tenchi fandom goes on, and I’m proud to have contributed a verse!

As for myself, most of you probably know that I started law school last fall at one of the top schools in the country. Well, almost one year in and I can’t say for sure that I’ve learned all that much law, but I can say with certainty that law school is really hard! 😆 Everyday is a challenge, but it’s one that I think I am meeting to the best of my abilities. Moving 3 states away was tough, but I’ve made new friends down in Dixie, and have even been able to contribute some sage wisdom to the whippersnappers at my school’s undergraduate anime club! All in all, things have continued much as they have been, but I have faith that my future will be bright! Thanks for listening, Tenchiforum, and I’ll see you out there among the threads!

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Quote:

The great play of Tenchi fandom goes on, and I’m proud to have contributed a verse!

Quick, JG, he’s drank the Apple kool-aid! Ipecac stat! 😮

Kidding, obvsly. Here’s to a third. ;)

segaman4
      Hrllo there ,my name is segaman 4.I’m not telling you my name or where i live or personal information. brcause of security reasons.but i will tell you my history.i was born in spain 0n december 12th,1990 and came here as an infant.I have a mother,father,and a younger brother.I like aqnimebatman,reading,writng and history,alot! Kiyofacepalm1
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Another year on planet Tenchiforum!

It’s funny to think that it’s only been three years since I joined up here given all the amazing things I’ve been a part of while I’ve been here! In this past year alone I’ve seen and met the most amazing things and people ever to grace this venerable fandom. I’ve already talked at length about most of these things in my Year In Review thread so I won’t go into as much detail as my previous anniversary posts. I will just say that I have had a blast here this last year, and I can’t wait to start a new year of fun and fulfillment here with all of you wonderful people! Thanks for a great three years, Tenchiforum!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      My friends, as of today, April 1, I’ve decided to drop out of law school, even though I’ve completed all the courses needed to graduate. I just feel like there is so much left to learn in the world, and I need to research it all! I’ll be biking across the country on my trusty bike, The Chuck-azuki 5, taking part-time jobs and studying the people I find. Thanks for all the support you’ve given me over the years, and maybe I’ll see you all out on the road some day. Life is Study!

(EDIT) APRIL FOOLS! Indeed, I’m still in law school, God help me. Thanks for humoring me :)

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140228110809/quiz-rpg-the-world-of-mystic-wiz/images/e/e9/Golden-boy-educational.jpg" />

http://themodernmage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Golden_boy_06_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg" />

I do note that today happens to be April Fool’s Day. I also note that isn’t that the entire plot from

Golden Boy that Chuck just posted?

Well I do hope he finds some nice buxom young women on his biking tour who will help teach him about life,the universe and everything! 😆

In other words, so many toilets to worship.
      😆 😆 😆

And now as William Schallert so famously said in one episode of Doby Gillis: ” Having taken this

trip into the Twilight Zone“…we return to our regularly scheduled insanity called LIFE.

I’ve been having a rather bad month. I got sciatica and have to say it isn’t a nice thing to have at all.

So the doctor has me on steroid for a bit now.

Also I found out that my order for part 2 of Sailor Moon has been sitting at the Post Office waiting to be picked up since March 30th…does anyone know the area code for Australia?

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none

mitsuki lover wrote:

does anyone know the area code for Australia?

The U.S out code is 011 and the Austrailia area code 61, and then dialing some in country code, I don’t know

http://www.howtocallabroad.com/australia/” class=”bbcode_url”>http://www.howtocallabroad.com/australia/ this would help explain better

I was of course joking.The end of my post was a reference to Alexander’s Horrible No Good Rotten Day, in which the narrator/main character’s day is so bad that he keeps threatening to call Australia.The final line is:” I think I called Australia.”

The book was made into a movie.

More weirdness: so I finally got things settled with Right Stuf about the address,but then I go to e-mail today and there’s all these order confirmations coming in.They’re like $5,000; $895; $675

etc. and I’m going out of my head here wondering what the hell is happening. So i send an e-mail and it turns out that Right Stuf ‘s trainees were practicing and accidentally sent them out.Fortunately I

now have that settled as well.

But… woooo1

What Anime Deity have I offended lately?

though to be honest I wouldn’t mind Yukikaze vol.3 and Kannangi:Crazy Shrine Maids.

Julayla
      Participant
      Hi, the name’s Julayla. I’ve been a Tenchi fan for years ever since the movie first aired on Sci-Fi’s Saturday Anime channel. I hope there are nice people here. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
      Hi Julayla..nice to meetcha.
      ChaudSept
      It’s full of nice people here kiyonesmile1
      Anonymous

Julayla wrote:

Hi, the name’s Julayla. I’ve been a Tenchi fan for years ever since the movie first aired on Sci-Fi’s Saturday Anime channel. I hope there are nice people here. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Welcome to the board Julayla!

SnowQueen
      Hello and Welcome kiyonesmile1
      Almael
      Welcome, Julayla!

This is the best place to be when it comes down about Tenchi.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Indeed, welcome.
      iMistress
      https://i.imgur.com/rqnf1cx.jpg" />

Name: Brooklyn

Alias/es: Sigyn

Nicknames: Sig, Siggy, Soggy, Siglet, Siggle

Hails from: Queensland, Australia

Current residence: Living in my parent’s basement

Languages spoken: English and a small bit of Dutch

Activity: 8/10

Involved with TF since: 2013

Favourite place/s on the forums: Everywhere

I love anime (obviously), nature, other TV shows, horror, attending conventions, art, travelling, video games, reading, writing and vintage stuff.

I’ve been involved with TF and its community since 2013, it’s very close to my heart.

I do consider myself an approachable person, especially if you’d just like to chat; I don’t bite, much.

I am open to making new friends, and I’m quite open-minded, but I am cautious of who I put my trust into.

Viewing 89 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.