Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 11-15

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 11-15 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 11-15

Nil Admirari
    none
    I’m glad to see people enjoyed yesterday’s episode as much as they did – I feared that perhaps because it went a little slower and didn’t forward the plot too much it would come under fire. kiyonesmile1

http://i.minus.com/if7Y0WOIZFHk3.png" />

Episode 12 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/i4riYFA5ml6ro.gif" />

Episode 12:

Another episode of action, but a dash of plot added for good measure. Beni has a dream that relates to the young Momo from the feudal timeline, so her current self is at least semi-aware of what happened in another life. Though it was interesting to see Hachiko in her normal getup instead of the battle garb she wore in Episode 8. Hachiko and Beni, previously enemies on the battlefield, accept a short truce so that they can get out of the warehouse alive.

When Tenchi yells at them to calm down over a spat they get into, I found it very interesting to watch the faces of the two girls. Beni is unapologetic and looks pissed off as he yells at them. Hachiko on the other hand, gets a dejected look on her face. Perhaps an extension of her ‘loyal dog’ trope and namesake, her tendency to wear her heart on her sleeve for the people she is most loyal to surfaces. Tenchi saved her life, and because of this his words hit her harder.

And then there’s the fact that the school had a robot, one that was considered enough of a danger that they buried it under boxes in the warehouse. At first I thought it had something to do with Washu, and it may still have something to do with her, but what kind of school has a functioning robot?!

Overall, a great episode of character development while keeping the action up. Tomorrow’s episode may turn out pretty packed! Poor Beni’s going to end up more stitched up than an old doll at the rate she takes beatings.