Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 11-15

• This topic is empty.
    Discussion for episodes 11 through 15
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/iVzxGhbzF3T5y.png" />

Episode 11 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/ihlFakPZEKovY.gif" />

Episode 11:

Mostly an episode of action rather than plot advancement, we see Hachiko and Tenchi walking around in this decrepit warehouse filled with some dangerous traps and hidden passageways. The Science Club is right behind them, but has to work around the fact that they can’t navigate this place with any accuracy. Beni’s injury could place everyone in an interesting position. If Tenchi and Hachiko tend to her wounds, will she be so opposed to them as she had been in the past? Her working relationship with the Science Club seemed to be a matter of business rather than preference after all. Not a whole lot else to talk about.

SnowQueen
      Hachiko…..Hachiko no. Don’t even think about it. Lol Your suppose to love Momo.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/45/7b/c7/457bc7bb238a7b2f9bb26966073b7cd1.jpg

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Today’s episode had some wild antics: Tenchi and Hachiko wandering around the storage building, the Club following unluckily behind. However, the episode has a notable Indiana Jones vibe about it. fyeah1 We have a climbing rope, hidden passages, collapsing corridors, a spherical boulder, and a huge storehouse of relics. Who thinks they might find the Ark of the Covenant in there? qt1 In particular, the final shot of the episode looks remarkably like the final shot of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I laughed at the elaborate incantation, as well as the creepy spider. woooo1 This episode was just a fun romp of hijinks, not unlike Universe episode 4, where Ryoko steals Tenchi away to the cave near the Masaki shrine and encounters wacky traps along the way. kiyonesmile1 Another shoutout to Universe? Tenchismile

Where will they go from here? They’ve gained a Beni and lost a map. Tenchi still has his sword, safely stashed in his back pocket, as well as whatever artifact they were set to retrieve. What even is that? gendo1

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      – Episode 11 –

THIS is the kind of stuff I think Ai will be perfect for: fun high jinks and episodic adventure with just enough at the end to leave you excited for more (“tune in next time” etc.), and after all the character intros, setting up the premise, and overarching plot complete with multiple flashbacks/different dimensions (presumably) I think we all needed this reprieve.

The jab at manga reading and correlating levels of productivity was hilarious!

(Have we finally discovered where Nobuyuki ended up hiding his collection?)

The Indiana Jones vibe was indeed strong in this one, Pii. I too particularly liked the ending shot, so much so that I had to comment on it.

Episode 11 YouTube

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Hachiko possibly having a little crush on Tenchi surprised me (really, it shouldn’t, like at all but oh well). True in spirit to the original material, amorous intentions, shy schoolgirl crushes, and competition for another’s affections is most welcomed, but I hope in Hachiko’s case they don’t push it too strong (I’m with you, Snow) it doesn’t seem to befit her character. (Then again, we don’t really know them that well yet, do we?)

WisperG
      I really liked this one! This episode has “Fun” written all over it, which all the Indy references certainly contributed to. My favorite scene was definitely the key incantation 😆

I wonder what they’ll do now that Beni is along for the ride and the map is gone? I’m very much looking forward to tomorrows episode.

As for Hachiko x Tenchi, I’m not surprised in the least. Tenchi is such a manly studmuffin, even the token lesbian was bound to start falling for him. I knew it had to happen eventually. Though I guess that makes her officially bi now. I admit, it was rather abrupt and seemingly came out of nowhere, and I felt a strong urge to facepalm with a wry smile when it happened, but it was bound to happen eventually.

That said, as someone who’s not a fan of yaoi/yuri content, I’m mostly indifferent about the whole thing. Hachiko x Momo seemed pretty one-sided anyways…

Nil Admirari
      none
      I’m glad to see people enjoyed yesterday’s episode as much as they did – I feared that perhaps because it went a little slower and didn’t forward the plot too much it would come under fire. kiyonesmile1

http://i.minus.com/if7Y0WOIZFHk3.png" />

Episode 12 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/i4riYFA5ml6ro.gif" />

Episode 12:

Another episode of action, but a dash of plot added for good measure. Beni has a dream that relates to the young Momo from the feudal timeline, so her current self is at least semi-aware of what happened in another life. Though it was interesting to see Hachiko in her normal getup instead of the battle garb she wore in Episode 8. Hachiko and Beni, previously enemies on the battlefield, accept a short truce so that they can get out of the warehouse alive.

When Tenchi yells at them to calm down over a spat they get into, I found it very interesting to watch the faces of the two girls. Beni is unapologetic and looks pissed off as he yells at them. Hachiko on the other hand, gets a dejected look on her face. Perhaps an extension of her ‘loyal dog’ trope and namesake, her tendency to wear her heart on her sleeve for the people she is most loyal to surfaces. Tenchi saved her life, and because of this his words hit her harder.

And then there’s the fact that the school had a robot, one that was considered enough of a danger that they buried it under boxes in the warehouse. At first I thought it had something to do with Washu, and it may still have something to do with her, but what kind of school has a functioning robot?!

Overall, a great episode of character development while keeping the action up. Tomorrow’s episode may turn out pretty packed! Poor Beni’s going to end up more stitched up than an old doll at the rate she takes beatings.

WisperG
      Ever-so-brief hints towards the plot! Character development! Random robot-action!

I found it marginally less entertaining than the Indy romp we got yesterday, but still a very solid episode. Can’t wait to see how they deal with their robot adversary!

Nil Admirari
      none
      Tenchi’s got that sword planted in his back pocket, how much you wanna bet we’ll see him give that robot a beating tomorrow? badass1
      GregTheLion

Nil Admirari wrote:

but what kind of school has a functioning robot?!

And why would anyone think a large pile of boxes would stop it? You were better off sealing it in a cave… oh wait.

SnowQueen
      Hachiko and Beni sure give me a Ryuuko and Satsuki vibe. ^_^; Anyone else think so? lol

Anyway I liked these last couple of episodes. I rather go back to the plot but we got a little slice of it in today’s episode so that was nice. But oh my goodness seeing Hachiko so sad about her sword she must have gotten it from Momo maybe or it’s just a precious treasure to her in some other regard and so seeing her crying about it and just seeing and hearing her cry just made me…. dawohki1

I have to say it will be interesting to see who wind’s up REALLY like who at the end. Sure Hachiko blushed at Tenchi but that doesn’t really say anything yet. I joked about it yesterday that I only want Hachiko and Momo but who know’s at the end of it all. It seems like Beni and Hachiko might end up even fighting over Momo eventually so I’m just gonna continue enjoying the ride.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

Hachiko and Beni sure give me a Ryuuko and Satsuki vibe. ^_^; Anyone else think so? lol

Actually, when it’s just the two of them going back and forth, I kinda do!

Hachiko’s reaction to her loss of a wooden sword was unexpected to say the least. It indeed must be precious to her.

I’m predicting Tenchi-Ken will make an appearance quite soon, with Tenchi wielding it to save the day. But you know what would be an even cooler, more unexpected route? Tenchi-sensei (omg now we can call him that), seeing how distraught Hachiko is without a melee weapon, says “Oh, you need a sword? Try this on for size” and hands her the sword, like a literal and symbolic passing of the baton.

Nil Admirari
      none

SnowQueen wrote:

Anyway I liked these last couple of episodes. I rather go back to the plot but we got a little slice of it in today’s episode so that was nice. But oh my goodness seeing Hachiko so sad about her sword she must have gotten it from Momo maybe or it’s just a precious treasure to her in some other regard and so seeing her crying about it and just seeing and hearing her cry just made me…. dawohki1

It was so adorable, and completely crazy to see this gung-ho character burst into tears. We’ve got depth, everybody!

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

I’m predicting Tenchi-Ken will make an appearance quite soon, with Tenchi wielding it to save the day. But you know what would be an even cooler, more unexpected route? Tenchi-sensei (omg now we can call him that), seeing how distraught Hachiko is without a melee weapon, says “Oh, you need a sword? Try this on for size” and hands her the sword, like a literal and symbolic passing of the baton.

It’d be unexpected for sure, but I totally see them going the safe route. Everyone’s been wondering, where’s the Light Hawk Wings (hey, you never know), where’s Tenchi-ken, when’s Tenchi-sensei going to kick some ass already?! And I think tomorrow, everyone’s gonna get what they wanted.

WisperG
      Don’t you have to be from Jurai’s royal family to use the sword though? Would Hachiko even be able to do anything with it besides chuck it at the robot?

Although, I suppose since we don’t know how Ai might be connected to the other continuities (if at all), that rule may not apply anymore.

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Today’s episode continued the craziness from yesterday, following Tenchi with Beni and Hachiko. Our dear student teacher orders his two students to play nice while they escape. However, en route, they accidentally awaken an old robot, put into storage for being too dangerous. Action ensues. fyeah1

I am enjoying the action ride the show has given the last two episodes, and I expect this week’s supercut will reflect that come Friday. Tenchismile While Beni and Hachiko did not renew their aggressions today, the undercurrent was still there, not unlike Universe episodes 20 and 24 between Ryoko and Nagi. One wonders if this little incident will seed a grudging respect between the two rival students by the end of the week. qt1 Even then, they might hash out their differences in a duel, which I would not mind either. butts1

Considering Beni’s “flashback”, there are a couple items to notice. First, Momo is dressed in her space/feudal era clothes, but Hachiko is in her present day costume. Moreover, Beni’s arm is shown when she reaches for Momo, showing her blouse’s sleeve rolled up, i.e. her school uniform. Also, Beni asks if Momo is crying because she is gone. Then, Hachiko intervenes, ordering Beni to leave. In the space scenes from episodes 3 and 8, Beni seems to be Momo’s caretaker and protector, but in the school era, Hachiko has obviously claimed that role. Yet, part of Beni seems to miss Momo and still cares about her.

This makes me wonder. Could the Council members (Hachiko, Hana, Tori) be some sort of defence mechanism for Momo? Note that in episode 8, the feudal incarnation of this trio appeared and confronted Tenchi. If Momo is some sort of dimensional singularity, existing in all of them and perhaps controlling them, might they her inner circle and protectors, maybe fragments of her consciousness? This would be a throwback to Hotsuma, Tsuguru, and Matori from Tokyo, Yugi’s protectors. Admittedly, Momo has displayed some power against “Universe Ryoko” in episode 8, so she clearly is not an ordinary child/teenager. Naturally, this theory does not explain Yuki or Rui, or Beni yet.

The episode is also interesting to compare Beni and Hachiko, the main muscle of the Club and Council, respectively. Beni is vehemently independent, not accepting Tenchi’s hand up, and quite spry to slam her mace through an obstacle. Did she not injure her leg not long ago? tenchiahhhhhh Hachiko, on the other hand, is cool and calculating for the most part, very proud, likely a reference to samurai culture given her bokuto and “hakama” dress. She is very respectful to Tenchi and yields to his edicts fairly quickly. Admittedly, my perception of her might be a bit biased after just watching 47 Ronin. blush1

The robot was a surprise, though considering the Area 51 storage building, I probably should not be. blush1 The design is reminiscent of classic super robots like Tetsujin 28 and Giant Robo, particularly with the two tank-like structures on its back and the rounded shoulder armor. The “rocket punch” definitely harkens back to Mazinger Z and the like. Its HUD might also be a nod to The Terminator. soawesome1 Too bad it’s gonna get broke soon. dawohki1

Now, why did Hachiko collapse in tears at losing her bokuto? Currently, that seems very random and hopefully will be elaborated upon in short order.

However, with Beni knocked aside and Hachiko apparently broken down, what will you do, Mr. Masaki? gendo1 I see that sword in your back pocket. I doubt it’s there for decoration. Where’s that can of whoopass you’ve owed me since Universe?

Yet, I do not think we will have a conclusion to this scene tomorrow. Considering the pattern of episodes of the last two weeks, I have a bet that tomorrow’s episode will return to the feudal scenario with “Universe” Ryoko and Mihoshi. We might see Tenchiken pop out there too, but we will have to tune in to see. Tenchismile

Don’t jump to conclusions about the “Robot”, it might not be hostile at all, it might not even be a robot. It does reminds me of the space armor used by the GP, (can you say Mihoshi-hime.) We know Mihoshi was involded with the Science club, and showed up in the alternate universe, why shouldn’t she have armor suit here. I suspect that the Science club will turn out to be more of a artifact hunters than a hard cord researchers.
      julia
      I thought Hachiko was going to pull an Utena!

https://33.media.tumblr.com/e649ba75f771097a0e4ff07cd5002d5b/tumblr_mudj4jIYLG1qzdpr4o1_500.gif" />

but then Utena pulls the stick from the straw and begins to actually kick ass

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV714hfQEFM[/BBvideo]

Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/ibyGrx1WRVa8Bx.png" />

Episode 13 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/ij5pllCtMOS9O.gif" />

Episode 13:

At last, Tenchi brings the beatdown. The mechanized wonderguard is no match for Tenchi’s training and skill with the sword. There was also further development tidbits for Beni and Hachiko. Seems that Hachiko just feels straight up powerless without some kind of weapon, and without it she begins to sob. Very reminiscent of a child without their favorite toy. Beni sticks her neck out to protect the vulnerable Hachiko, resulting in her taking yet another harsh blow. I swear, that woman is made of Nintendium or something.

Yuki made off with a bunch of boxes, I wonder what she decided to jack from the place? Moreover, will they go back into the warehouse? Someone was obviously in there running around…

Very fun episode today!

GregTheLion
      badass1 So Tenchi’s a badass again Tenchismile
      evilpii
      Participant
      none

evilpii wrote:

Yet, I do not think we will have a conclusion to this scene tomorrow. Considering the pattern of episodes of the last two weeks, I have a bet that tomorrow’s episode will return to the feudal scenario with “Universe” Ryoko and Mihoshi. We might see Tenchiken pop out there too, but we will have to tune in to see. Tenchismile

… I should have known this show would make me a liar at least once. blush1 Still, today’s episode was awesome. kiyonesmile1 The conclusion to the battle with the robot is shown, and Tenchi gets to show why he is the namesake of the show. butts1 While Hachiko and Beni both have been seen to be formidable combatants, a bokuto or a mace just does not compare with a light-sword. badass1

This episode also confirms that Hachiko has some issue with having a weapon in her hands. She is obviously aware of this problem, and embarrassed by it. Perhaps it might be explained later? qt1

As to Tenchi being a badass, that just felt good. soawesome1 It has been a while since we saw young Mr. Masaki last wielding his beam sword in combat against Kain (TM!iL1, 1996). He gave the robot a heaping helping of NOPE with just about every attack, and won the day, protecting both of his students. mmhmm1

Also, the episode finishes the joke/allusion started in episode 9. In episode 9, Beni swung her fist at Tenchi, and he caught it in mid-air. Likewise, he brought the pain in episode 13. After the battle is won, Beni punches him and knocks him for a loop, surprising her. I believe this is a throwback to Katsuhito catching Ryoko’s punch in OVA series 1 episode 3, and Ryoko destroying the stairs with a punch, confused as to how the old priest could halt her force. Evidently, Tenchi is not all-powerful. blush1

Meanwhile, Yuki and Rui made off with boxes of stuff, and we get to see that creepy spider again. woooo1 What did they get and how will it affect future events? Tune in tomorrow. Tenchismile

SnowQueen
      Tenchi-Sensei (^3^) ♡
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      I feel that Ai Tenchi Muyo is really picking up and the characters are very likable. I always look forward to watching it now. :)
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

evilpii wrote:

After the battle is won, Beni punches him and knocks him for a loop, surprising her. I believe this is a throwback to Katsuhito catching Ryoko’s punch in OVA series 1 episode 3, and Ryoko destroying the stairs with a punch, confused as to how the old priest could halt her force. Evidently, Tenchi is not all-powerful.

That’s the first thing I thought of when I viewed said scene in Episode 9! It’s a fun throwback. (Side-by-side gifs must soon follow!)

I was slow warming up to Ai, I’ll admit; afraid to lend my trust again. Now, as Kiyami put it, I’m genuinely excited to watch the next episode at the end of each weekday. The fact that Ai accomplished even that much for numerous other viewers says a lot.

WisperG

evilpii wrote:

Meanwhile, Yuki and Rui made off with boxes of stuff, and we get to see that creepy spider again. woooo1 What did they get and how will it affect future events? Tune in tomorrow. Tenchismile

[/quote]

Now that you’ve said it, we probably won’t get a school episode tomorrow 😆 Maybe we’ll finally see the aftermath of Tenchi and lil’ Momo’s run-in with Ryoko?

Anyways, I loved this episode! Hachiko’s “condition” is very amusing, and Tenchi finally got to whip out his sword and play the bada$$ card for the first time in ages badass1

Nil Admirari
      none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

evilpii wrote:

After the battle is won, Beni punches him and knocks him for a loop, surprising her. I believe this is a throwback to Katsuhito catching Ryoko’s punch in OVA series 1 episode 3, and Ryoko destroying the stairs with a punch, confused as to how the old priest could halt her force. Evidently, Tenchi is not all-powerful.

That’s the first thing I thought of when I viewed said scene in Episode 9! It’s a fun throwback. (Side-by-side gifs must soon follow!)

You know that if you ask, you shall receive <3

http://i.minus.com/iQUsRZfxV6Dk4.gif" />http://i.minus.com/ibfCWJtQM1hRAX.gif" />

http://i.minus.com/ib1bbo92xbEHQa.gif" />http://i.minus.com/ib0CtctbFfS4iv.gif" />

Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/ilomf1k4v7xYS.png" />

Episode 14 is now subtitled and available!

http://i.minus.com/iYEJQgp3HWRt1.gif" />

Episode 14:

Poor Tenchi just wants a place to rest his head after a long day at work. He should know by now that he’s never going to get that with the girls around! Sasami infiltrated his high school, gets a Hatsune Miku reference dropped in there and wipes out the Student Council’s memories MIB style. Someone had the bright idea to let Ryoko cook dinner tonight, and it seems like her skills have lapsed even harder from the OVA. She almost looks like a witch toiling away at her bubbling cauldron more than a loving woman preparing a feast for her man! And oh god, she’s gone almost Yandere all of a sudden. I uh, guys, halloween isn’t for another week!

A fun episode all around, and a great way to cap off this week’s events. Here’s to yet another recap tomorrow.

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nil Admirari wrote:

Someone had the bright idea to let Ryoko cook dinner tonight, and it seems like her skills have lapsed even harder from the OVA. She almost looks like a witch toiling away at her bubbling cauldron more than a loving woman preparing a feast for her man! And oh god, she’s gone almost Yandere all of a sudden. I uh, guys, halloween isn’t for another week!

I guess all those cracks about her terrible less-than-stellar cooking finally made her snap! Over the years, she’s gone from “Please try this, Tenchiiiii” to “I cooked this. You WILL eat it!” 😈

Poor Tenchi! I think the recap episodes are as much for Tenchi to get a break as they are for us to get edjumacated about Okayama.

SnowQueen
      Lol I agree I think these re-caps are for Tenchi to call off sick especially after this episode he certainly is going to have to.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Today’s episode has Tenchi come home from work and is welcomed by the usual insanity of the Masaki household. Ayeka and Sasami greet him at the door, while Ryoko has a… special surprise for him. wth2

Tenchi downplays his adventure in the storage building, but Sasami has apparently had an adventure of her own. While he was battling a giant robot, Washu gave Sasami a school uniform and let her sneak into the school. People thought she was an idol, perhaps for multiple reasons. And then, she… wait. Wait a minute. WANT1 Sasami, is that…? soawesome1 I cannot say I caused this, but I will take all the blame I can. fyeah1 Thank you, based Negishi. gendo1

Also, Ayeka is dressed up for the school festival as well. Are we going to have Ayeka on campus next week? iloveit1

Elsewhere, Ryoko has been hunting, and cooking, and the ingredients are still alive! woooo1 She says it is supposed to be edible, but I do not trust it. wtfisthis1 … Uh, Ryoko. What’s with that evil sparkle in your eyes? wth2 Oh. My. God. sadface1

If you cannot tell, I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was a nice romp after a long day at the office. What craziness awaits us next week? Tune in next time! Tenchismile

Nil Admirari
      none
      http://i.minus.com/i9sXvyuqdsI4e.png" />

Episode 15 is now subtitled and available!

and also…

http://i.minus.com/ijG1WUBvJDAlA.png" />

Week 3 Super Cut now available!

Episode 15:

Yup, recap number 3. Unfortunate. Momo does give us a little nugget about Hachiko’s sword though, interesting that she’s given it a name. Shoulda named it Lucille. Overall though, a really great week. I’ve been glad to see Hachiko and Beni get some acceptance by the fanbase over the week, Tenchi bringing the pain and Ryoko still not quite paying full attention to The Food Network.

evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Today’s episode ties up the week, skimming through what has happened on campus. Momo does allude to losing herself in the storage building too and being rescued by Hana and the others. Presumably, they used the map Hachiko lost to do so. blush1 She also mentions that Hachiko’s bokuto is the “Herald of Swords”, so one wonders if she might get an actual sword by the end of all this. After all, Momo does have a sword, shown last week while rescuing Tenchi from the Club, but it has not yet been seen out of its sheath. Where did she even get that anyway? qt1

This week has been a fun one. Let us see what next week will bring. Likely, the festival will happen, and maybe have Ayeka or Sasami sneaking around as well. Tenchismile

SnowQueen
      I just thought of why Ryo-ohki might not be around….and it might have to do something with Ryoko’s cooking. After all Ryo-ohki was alway’s the taste tester. Poor Ryo-ohki…. dawohki1 ( Lol this just me being silly btw please don’t take this seriously ^^;)

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4b/8b/e2/4b8be21c1e1b3b2fbf6dd1f13ecc0edd.jpg" />

Just in time for Halloween! woooo1

https://imageshack.com/i/exWKc6wwp" />

“Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,

Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,

Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,

Lizard’s leg, and owlet’s wing,—

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.”

mmmm1

Anonymous
      https://tenchiforum.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tenchicast26-card.png" />

Tenchicast 26: No Need for Ai Tenchi Muyo! PT.3 (Episodes 11-15) | Latest Tenchicast

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/MJUdq9gRAOo[/BBvideo]

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Great cast guys!

I was recently reminded at how much these episodes cram into such a short time frame. Watching Blade of the Phantom Master yet again, I was drawn to the arc involving the Mandrake plant (spelled by subs as “Mandarake” more or less how it is pronounced with a Japanese dialect). For those unaware, a Mandrake is the unfortunate little bugger Ryoko threw into her stew in Episode 14.

http://i.minus.com/iYEJQgp3HWRt1.gif" />

They have many reputations in fiction, myth, and the real world:

– They’re said to scream when uprooted (as Harry Potter fans can attest to)

– They’ve long been associated with witchcraft (thus Ryoko’s bubbling cauldron)

– They’ve also been associated with fertility as a sort of “love potion” (doesn’t take much to see why Ryoko would be interested in something like that)

– Though primarily a work of satire, the narrative of Machiavelli’s La Mandrogola involves a man attempting to use Mandragora (Mandrake) to scheme his way into sleeping with a woman (with Ryoko and Tenchi, the genders happen to be reversed)

– The real-world roots are said to not only contain powerful hallucinogens (notice all the pretty colors when Ryoko dropped it in the pot), but are downright poisonous if ingested (so when Ryoko commented it might send Tenchi to heaven, there may have been more truth to that statement than she intended).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandrake_(plant)” class=”bbcode_url”>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandrake_(plant)

Ai continues to impress me more and more. Looking forward to next week!

SnowQueen
      ^ Very interesting Who! I knew what a Mandrake was but never knew all that info on them.

I don’t know about you guys but when watching episode 14 and seeing Ryoko “cook” I had a thought of Urd (Ah! My Goddess) using Ryoko’s cooking as one of her crazy potion’s and then I had the thought of those two making all sorts of crazy love spells and potions together and using them on Tenchi and Keiichi . XD Ryoko sure looks like she has the “talent” for it even though she rather call it cooking. lol

Nil Admirari
      none
      That’s a really good observation, Who! I think that speaks very well for the level of detail being thrown in such a small timeframe per episode. So many little details added to enforce the fact of what it was, and the disturbing implications of Ryoko cooking one into that pot and then shoving it down Tenchi’s throat. Lord have mercy if the whole house ate one, we’d have a weird Mushroom Samba episode.
      drillmaster
      Wait Mandrakes are an established thing in mythology?! Wow, as much as I love Harry Potter, I have to say JK tended to overuse pre-established creatures a bit too much. Still, a Harry Potter tie and a MiB nod. Awesome.

I have to say, I’ve really been enjoying this show. I’ve grown to like most of the new girls (jury’s still out on Momo, but I’ll give her time) and thrilled to see the original girls in a light hearted way. I’m still curious about the feudal era stuff, but I’m sure it will be explained in time. The action this week was great but I want to see more Washu damn it!

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

The jab at manga reading and correlating levels of productivity was hilarious!

(Have we finally discovered where Nobuyuki ended up hiding his collection?)

Heh, when Rui said it was from before they were born, could it be an allusion to the 1994 manga adaptation? Clearly, the Ai continuity takes place around 2012 to 2014, the latter also being appropriate as it’s the twentieth anniversary of the original series. The students were likely born between 1995 to 1998.

GaianKnight
      Participant
      Didn’t Empress Lashara in TM-Geminar, try to use one of those to kill everyone off in that series too? Talk about cooking being a hazardous thing to intelligent life, in a TM series anymore. iloveit1
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.