Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 56-60

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Discussion: Episodes 56-60 Reply To: Discussion: Episodes 56-60

evilpii
    Participant
    none
    The FEELs are getting turned up today. dawohki1 This seems to illustrate very concretely Momo’s comment in episode 36 that she was “always alone”. One wonders if Tenchi’s comments about her making friends influenced her to meet Hachiko, Hana, and Tori, perhaps even to become class president. woooo1

Also, I’m still on the fence as to what is happening with Tenchi and Momo. Is Tenchi visiting different incarnations of Momo across different universes, or is he hopping across her lifespan? If the latter, one would think she would have some memory of seeing him or some recognition. Notably, last episode, she did ask him if they had met before when she stumbled into his arms. I believe there are some similarities with that fall and the one Washu instigated in episode 17. I believe Washu will be sorting this out shortly with whatever she’s about to do. blush1

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Tenchi’s role in this, possibly using Tenchi-ken in some fashion as he travels, along with Momo’s tree being revealed (a source of distortion, or perhaps some kind of “anchor” for Momo herself to keep her psyche from being completely lost?), remind me of Yosho confronting Haruna (Haruna’s psyche/spirit) via her tree using the sword.

I’m not wholly convinced that Tenchi is controlling this. Given the peach petals every time he “leaps”, I think Toshika is controlling this. Moreover, Tenchi and Momo were enveloped by Toshika’s light and petals when they vanished in the first place. I bet you are right that Toshika is acting as the anchor, much like Haruna’s camellia. gendo1 I bet Tenchi is trying to “put right what once went wrong”, fighting his leaps, trying to get to Momo.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

When Tenchi asked “what am I supposed to do?” is part of that frustration stemming from the fact that this Jurain ability or technique is something he has yet to learn or encounter? (Yosho being able to enter into Haruna’s world may be due in part to his access to a greater trove of experience using his powers, being much older than Tenchi.)

I wouldn’t doubt this at all, particularly if this incarnation of Tenchi did not live through the events with Haruna.

Nice that Ryoko also noticed Beni using “Momo-sama” suddenly. tuxedodouche It appears that Last Crusade reference from episode 42 made a lasting impression, as well as all those memory flashes. mmhmm1

Of course, the GP have to eat some crow. Kiyofacepalm1 I find this quite ironic since the commander was so arrogant toward the Japanese ambassador in episode 51, that Terran scholars couldn’t understand what was happening, until he too is put into the same position. In Washu we trust. butts1

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

And where is Ukan during these events? Watch out, she may yet make a startling appearance; more so, she just may yet turn villainous! (I don’t quite trust her; if her drive to diffuse the situation and catch Washu lead her to stand up to Jurain royalty, then I doubt she would be hunky-dory with simply letting Washu free and leaving Momo, Beni, Tenchi and the space pirate Ryoko to do as they please on top of that.)

Ukan is the wild card at the moment. We don’t know what went down with her and the princesses. Moreover, given that she is GP as well as wielding an energy whip, might she be a reference to “evil Kiyone” from the Mihoshi Special ending? Wouldn’t it be a twist if she swooped in at the end and scooped up Toshika’s power for herself at the last instant, stranding Tenchi and Momo? After all, I don’t think Negishi has spent this entire series building her up for no reason. gendo1