A new Light Hawk user revealed…

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum A new Light Hawk user revealed…

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    Hah, hey there! Been a long while since I’ve did an introductory post on a forum but here goes.

Been a lurker on the boards since around the time Toonami came back on 4/1/12; popping in checking threads when news would arise such as War on Geminar’s US release and GXP airing on broadcast TV.

With the giant swell of potential hype that is Ai Tenchi Muyo!, figured now would be a better time than any to jump on the forum.

Aforementioned the Toonami drop, my Tenchi fandom goes back to those days with watching the original OVAs, Universe and bits and pieces of Tokyo on the block. Which, ironically, I had forgotten a lot about until I rewatched Universe four or five years ago and the OVAs and Tokyo with the recent FUNi rereleases.

To kinda wrap up, I’m nearly a bigger fan of War on Geminar than I am even the original series, especially when you consider what it offers: A capable (even more so than Tenchi IMO) and likable protagonist, great character interaction and world building, and action (with mechs!) when stuff does finally hit the fan, the wait is well worth it. And the fan service is a plus too. I dunno, War on Geminar just kinda covered all my bases in an anime I suppose, aside from maybe a proper romantic wrap up. But its still a harem and technically a “Tenchi” series, so it’s too be expected.

Enough yapping from me, just glad to be here and can’t wait for Ai in October!

PS. Lover of anime/cartoons, comics, and games. You know, the usual nerdy stuff. blush1

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      Welcome to the forum!

Nice to see that you’ve finally decided to join up! And a very well rounded Tenchi fan at that.

Enjoy your stay on the forum!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to forum, Soul! It’s always a great pleasure to have longtime lurkers join up, and you sure did pick a great time for it! It’s a very exciting time to be a Tenchi fan! I really liked Geminar as well! I hope you enjoy your time here, and feel free to chat with us or post around whenever the mood strikes you! Have an excellent stay!
      jgzinv
      Welcome.

If you’re into WoG, check out Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. Dual was a predecessor to WoG.

I’d recommend the dub.

SnowQueen
      Hello Soul and welcome! mmhmm1
      Soul
      Participant

JGZinv wrote:

Welcome.

If you’re into WoG, check out Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure. Dual was a predecessor to WoG.

I’d recommend the dub.

Actually, I remember watching a bit of Dual! back in the day on Anime Unleashed. Such a shame FUNi did relicense it…

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Soul wrote:

JGZinv wrote:

Welcome.

I’d recommend the dub.

Actually, I remember watching a bit of Dual! back in the day on Anime Unleashed. Such a shame FUNi did relicense it…

Well, you now have JG’s seal of approval. 😆

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/TwNb53uuSVc[/BBvideo]

apologies for vid jg, jk (or am I???)

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      As long as it’s not Enemy Mine-close, he’s safe. ;)
      Crazed
      none
      Welcome to tenchiforumsign Soul! Enjoy your stay and have fun! kiyonesmile1
      Nil Admirari
      none
      Welcome aboard the good ship Tenchiforum, Soul! kiyonesmile1 Crazy to have such a longtime lurker finally join up and chat! And especially one who enjoys such a wide variety of the Tenchiverse content. You’ve made a fast friend with ol’ JG having seen some Dual already haha.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.