A NEW RECRUIT ARRIVES!

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum A NEW RECRUIT ARRIVES!

• This topic is empty.
    I AM SOUNDMONKEY44 OF THE GALAXY POLICE! AND I AM PLEASED TO BE HERE WITH MY FELLOW TENCHI FANS!!! :D

A litle about me well…

1. Tenchi is one of my favorite anime series along with Big-O & Case Closed. I ecspecially enjoy Tenchi Universe!

My favorite characters/pairings from Tenchi are Ryoten & MihoKiyo!

I am a big fan of older anime from the 80’s & 90’s but lots of anime made over the past 7-8 years or so doesn’t really agree with me, unless its something really artsy like Tatami Galaxy, something well animated like many of Madhouse works ala the Supernatural Anime adaption or something relaxing and heartwarming like Princess Jellyfish or Squid Girl (hmm, why are both those amazing shows named after slimy sea creatures…oh well!)

So yeah not really an otaku perse, just your typical nerd.

I also love many U.S. animations, currently i’m obsessed with My Little Pony (don’t judge me!) and the new Thundercats toon on CN! *really hope it gets a second season!*

aside from that, I am a complete comic book/manga addict

Oh and I enjoy a good episode of Doctor Who, and a glass of ice cold Dr. Pepper!

The only sport I can even begin to play is golf or ping-pong XD.

And ahh..I guess thats it. I look forward to chatting with you all!

P.S. I’m also a Moderator at the Official Funimation forums, so if you guys ever visit the ol FF just PM me and i’ll try to help you with any problems you encounter!

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Replies
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to :sign: and please have a complimentary muffin and coffee :D A MIHO KIYO FAN. You’ll fit in nicely here… and MLP as well. ^_^ Enjoy your time here.

And you may also remember me briefly as Kitteascone on dA ;)

Oh and watch your eyes.

*eats muffin* yum! thanks. And yeah thanks again for helping me find this picture.

And yes glad to be around fellow Tenchi fans, seems were getting harder and harder to find these days, but then again aside from DBZ, fans of older anime in general are becoming rarer & rarer sadly. 😥

*hugs* thanks again for showing me this wonderful forum!

Also… Watch my eyes…how do I do that!?

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome to the forum Soundmonkey44! I too am hardly an otaku, and share many of your interests, such as older anime, Dr. Who, and MLP :D I’m sure that you will have a great time here, and I can’t wait to chat with you more! Anyway, make yourself at home and enjoy our lovely forum!

P.S. I am also a HUGE miho/kiyo fan!

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Well, some of our members.. like to… Oh you’ll see soon enough. Here… *gives goggles* They’ll do for now.
      Anonymous
      Welcome to the forum! I’m sure you’ll have fun ^_^

PS: Ponies are awesome

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/167/6/0/rainbow_dash_salute_by_atomicgreymon-d3bo0dx.png" />

Dagon123 wrote:
      Welcome to the forum! I’m sure you’ll have fun ^_^

PS: Ponies are awesome

Yes, yes they are, its still a shame no ones tried to Ponify the Tenchi cast, A Ponified MihoKiyo would probably cause me to explode from how awesome such a pic would be! XD

chucklocker
      Participant
      none

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

I am a complete comic book/manga addict

You wouldn’t happen to have read the Tenchi Muyo! manga series’ then have you? I love them and I’m always looking for more people to read them and discuss them with :D

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      A fellow Tenchi fan and a brony?!!! :washu: Happy Day!

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/TenchiForum%20Pony%20Pics/” class=”bbcode_url”>http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/TenchiForum%20Pony%20Pics/

I gotta’ say, I loved your intro! Can usually spot a Miho/Kiyo fan right off the bat (due to their endearing qualities) and we could use more around here! 😉

Welcome aboard! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your time here

@Chuck: I’ve been slowly hunting the manga down, I have V7 of No Need For Tenchi and V1-9 of All-New Tenchi Muyo, so yeah still working on my Tenchi Manga collection…. If only VIZ was better at keeping their older titles in print. Tenchi Manga why you OOP!?

@WWWWHHHOOOO: Why thank you, yes you can never have enough MihoKiyo, Tenchi Muyo, or MLP. 😎

Also thanks for the neato link!

But yeah, glad I found this thread, seems like this place will be a lot easier to come and unwind then some of the other anime forums out there these days.

Thorn
      Well helloooo and welcome to our little madhouse, occifer soundmonkey! Please, have fun, enjoy Mittens’ muffins :Cheeks: , and for God’s sake hold on to those goggles!!
      jgzinv
      It’s a spy! The funimations are upon us! Oh blabberinblaterskite!

ok kidding aside…

Actually Ryoko and a few other character have been poniefied.

Llwchwr
      My most humblest of welcomes to Tenchiforum Soundmonkey
      Kiyoka
      Hello newbie. May I remind you its customary for all new ppl to be refeered to as newbie until they talk in mumble.

Oh and, mind taking those goggles off for me?

@JGZ: I am no Spy, I AM…A MOOSE! Also, Ponified Ryoko you say…. I MUST SEE THIS!

@Llw: Thank you most sincerly for your humble welcome!

@Kiyoka
      : Goggles!? what Goggles, I am not wearing any goggles!? I do have these nifty lazer reflectin sun-glasses though. 😎

Thorn
      You have much to learn, SM. ;)
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Ze goggles, zey do nothing anyway.
      Teach me oh wise & noble Thorn!

also…

@Nob: How yea doin bro, haha now I know where you hang when you arn’t at ANN or Funi! No one can esecape the Monkey!

Kiyoka
      No goggles then Monkey? THat’s good. *leans in close and strokes your eyes delicatley, then digs her claws deep into the back of the eyesocket. With a strong tug the eyes are pulled out, the only sound being snapping and gush of blood splattering to the floor*

Thank ye

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Aaaaaaaaand there it is. You’ve now had the full tenchiforum welcome experience. Enjoy :D
      Thorn
      I would teach you, but I think I’ll just let Kiyoka teach you like the rest of us were taught :)
      Ballsmagee01
      Hey and welcome to the forum. If u want me to draw somthing for u feel free to ask anyway enjoy yr time here :D

Thorn wrote:

I would teach you, but I think I’ll just let Kiyoka teach you like the rest of us were taught :)

Please don’t haze the newbies. sawthatplz

Anyway, welcome to :sign: .

Ballsmagee01
      Also try out mumble. If u got a iPhone or android ther is an app and it’s free and easy to use. After u get the mumble app have someone on the password to u. I’ll do it if no one else can. Anyway I hope to here from u :D
      Welcome.

Now we have 2 Funi spies ANB and you. 😆 😆 😆

Kidding.

I lurk around the Funi forum and read the blogs every once in awhile.

Ironically most of the titles in my collection are either ADV,Pioneer/Geneon or Bandai! 😆

P.S. Ponies are EVIL!!!!!!

mitsuki lover wrote:

Welcome.

Kidding.

I lurk around the Funi forum and read the blogs every once in awhile.

Ironically most of the titles in my collection are either ADV,Pioneer/Geneon or Bandai! 😆

P.S. Ponies are EVIL!!!!!!

😮 Ponies are not EVIL! THEY ARE LOVE! :D

And yes, we Funi spies are all over the interwebs XD. And yeah honestly it seems these days the only things I buy from Funi are the Noitaimna stuff they pick up & re-releases, Discotek & Nozomi/Rightsuff get more of my $$$ these days. But don’t tell Funi I said that. 😆

Anonymous

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

And yes, we Funi spies are all over the interwebs XD. And yeah honestly it seems these days the only things I buy from Funi are the Noitaimna stuff they pick up & re-releases, Discotek & Nozomi/Rightsuff get more of my $$$ these days. But don’t tell Funi I said that. 😆

Speaking of which, are you pumped for Rose of Versailles? mtoohappyplz

Dagon123 wrote:

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Speaking of which, are you pumped for Rose of Versailles? mtoohappyplz

Oh you know it! :Tenchismile: yushplz

As soon as the pre-order for that pops up I will be rushing over to right stuff…even if I have to sale an arm or leg to do so, but preferable I wouldn’t have to sale more then a pinkie or a toe. XD.

But yes, ROV is something I am eagerly awaiting.

As for newer fair, looking forward to Kids On The Slop, Mawaru Penquindrum, and the rest of the Mardock Scramble flicks from Sentai.

jgzinv
      Sure you’re modding for the right company? I hear a lot more Sentai love in your posts..
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none

chucklocker wrote:

Aaaaaaaaand there it is. You’ve now had the full tenchiforum welcome experience. Enjoy :D

Well, excuuuuuze me.

Hello, forty-fourth Sound Monkey, and WELCOME to the Tenchi Forum! It’s good to have you, and while Nobuyuki is right in saying that the goggles won’t help you, you still might want to keep laser-reflecting sun-glasses, ’cause those are just COOL!

I am the keeper of the local shrine of Wa- no, lemme try that again. I *am* the local shrine of Washuu. And make periodic attacks. :washu:

One thing I’m wondering about you, sir, is that of your name. “SoundMonkey44” somewhat implies that you work with sound engineering or acoustics. Is that true? (Just wondering, ’cause I do music.)

Oh, and one last thing. Since I’m a believer in just jumping in (do it, man!), and those goggles wouldn’t help anways… [spoil]http://www.sebby.org/pictures/2002/acen/acen10.jpg" />[/spoil]

CHEERS!

And many, many thanks for joining us here on :sign: !!

JGZinv wrote:

Sure you’re modding for the right company? I hear a lot more Sentai love in your posts..

Haha, really? Funny since until recently I haven’t cared much for Sentai, but yeah wish Nozomi &/or D-Tk had a forum in need of modding. XD

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

but yeah wish Nozomi &/or D-Tk had a forum in need of modding. XD

Try your luck. 😉

mitsuki lover wrote:

Welcome.

Plus the former spy to deal with, as well. 😎

Nobuyuki wrote:

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

but yeah wish Nozomi &/or D-Tk had a forum in need of modding. XD

Try your luck. 😉

mitsuki lover wrote:

Welcome.

Plus the former spy to deal with, as well. 😎

Haha, Try my luck I shall!!!

Edit: Hey Anyone mind if I invite a friend to join the forums, I’ll admit he’s a bit of a grumpy guss, but he also enjoys classic/retro anime. *And super sentai …and pro wrestling…still don’t understand that last one*

Nobuyuki
      Participant

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Hey Anyone mind if I invite a friend to join the forums, I’ll admit he’s a bit of a grumpy guss, but he also enjoys classic/retro anime. *And super sentai …and pro wrestling…still don’t understand that last one*

I don’t think there’d be ANY objections to an invitation (the more, the merrier etc.) 😉

Now how he behaves after that…

Thorn
      I agree! Also, if you happen to know any Aussies, drag some of them over! :D
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      Hey seriously, man, do you play around with sound tech or anything? It’s always good to have another someone tech-savvy on the forum, right? ;)
      @Thorn: Sorry I don’t know any aussies atm, I know a very nice, intelligent young man from Canada though who frequents Funi I could try to convince to come over here. Also decided not to invite my other friend. thinking about it, he’s far far to grumpy a person XD.

@For Washuu: Sadly no i’m not a super tech-savy guy (although lord knows I wish I was) My net name is just a mixture of my favorite Decepticon (Soundwave) and my favorite animal (monkeys XD) Sorry.

…. I know how to make A Toaster explode though…does that count? 😆

Does it change people’s personalities? 😆

And the Anime Today forums are another one that I love to lurk around at.They’re not as large as

Animenation’s but seem to have a more family athmosphere to them.

For Washuu
      Participant
      none

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

…. I know how to make A Toaster explode though…does that count? 😆

Well, it counted enough to make me laugh, so sure! Why the heck not? 😆

Thorn
      Drag the Canadian on over then! :D :D
      @Thorn HAHA will do.

Also, i’ve been meaning to ask, the header image of the Tenchi Gang eating Watermelon, wheres that from? Is it an pre-existing image or was it just made for these forums? I’d love to have a big version of it as a wallpaper. :D

For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      it’s from one of the various Daughter of Darkness covers. (Soundtrack or DVD, I’m not sure. Maybe Laserdisc?)
      Ahh I see, thanks for info!
      I know I just joined you guys, but sadly some real-life stuff has come up I need to take care of, could be awhile before i’m activly online again. I’ll try to pop buy 1 or 2 times during my fall break & Halloween, but probably won’t be able to be a net/forum addict again till mid-December!

Don’t forget about me guys! 😆

And wish me luck getting all the tedious tasks that lay before me done!

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Good luck man! We’ll look forward to your return!
      For Washuu
      Participant
      none
      We’ll be a-waitin’ ya’ here. :washu:
      Thorn
      Good luck with whatever it is that’s keepin’ ya! :D The muffins, eye gouging and general wackiness will be waiting here at our little carnival!
      Nerevar
      Participant
      My name is Nerevar and I’m new to forums, been a fan of Tenchi since grade school. When I found this, I found home. badassplz
      DarkPatu
      Welcome to the crew, glad to have you! I know exactly how you feel, looking around for a group THIS intense about such a niche market anime and stumbling across TF is an amazing feeling. It’s like an immediate family. Awesome to see we have a new member of the tree!
      Llwchwr
      Hello there Nerevar and welcome
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Nerevar wrote:

My name is Nerevar and I’m new to forums, been a fan of Tenchi since grade school. When I found this, I found home. badassplz

Wonderful to hear it! I hope this place feels like an online home and community for you as a Tenchi fan! If you have any questions at any time, ask away by posting or private messaging a Moderator (like me, “green”) or the support staff

(“blue”).

& again, welcome!

Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Welcome and have a muffin. Enjoy your time here :)
      Ballsmagee01
      Hey there and welcome. Like what everyone said welcome to the forum. I hope u enjoy yourself here and have fun :D also keep a careful check on ur organs because some people like to steal them (coff,coff, kiyoka :Cheeks: ) but have fun here :D
      Nerevar
      Participant
      Thank you everyone. I hate to ask right off the bat but the tabs don’t work for me, or I’m just an idiot. I click on them and i gives me the home page. Please keep in mind this is the first forum website that i ever joined so this is new. :?
      Anonymous
      Hey there Nerevar (I didn’t see you as you posted in sound monkeys but Welcome!

Nerevar wrote:

just an idiot. I click on them and i gives me the home page.

Well the forum itself “IS’ the homepage, however, some tabs are not fully operational yet (You’re clicking on a tab and it probably says #nogo in the url, so it doesn’t go anywhere yet), this entire site and virtually 99.9% of what you see was created and is maintained by myself alone, so the speed at which certain things gos up is slow, rest assured, when it goes up, you’ll know. So no, you aren’t crazy ^_^

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Welcome nerevar! Indeed, as Dagon rightly put our forum is alway is always expanding and bettering itself, so some parts of the site are not yet up and running, but it’s truly amazing how far we have come even in the small amount of time that I have been here! So welcome, make yourself at home, and feel free to share and chat with us whenever you feel like!
Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.