A Victim of Stars

Forums Getting Started Welcoming Forum A Victim of Stars

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Hey all! I’m already familiar with some of you through the chatbox but Chuck suggested I do a full introduction in this fine little corner of the board. It’s been quite a journey getting here let me tell you. After having been away from the fandom since 05 or 06, I was a little worried I’d not find a community with a pulse. Glad to see I was wrong, though!

It all started back in the final days of October while I was planning for the annual writing competition NaNoWriMo. Joking around with one of the other groups I hang out with, I managed to convince them that I was writing a 50,000 word long lemon Kiyone x Ryoko fanfiction as my submission. They were not very pleased by this haha. After I wrapped up my wordcount I thought about how I haven’t watched any Tenchi media in a few years shy of a decade. With that I set out to watch Universe and some of the movies, then looking up manga prices and eventually looking around for communities that may still be around. After looking over a few of the forums I found I decided to call this place my new home!

So what am I? Well, I’m a writer of many things. I currently write indie game reviews and the occasional music article at a site that the owner abandoned over the summer. I much prefer writing fiction and I even try to approach my review coverage in-universe for each product. I’ve experimented with self-publishing, and most recently I wrote a choose your own adventure style interactive fiction piece using Twine. It’s a short horror story that I gave myself a week to write, edit and block to be out in time for halloween this year. I’m always writing something, always seeking that next creative challenge.

To wrap things up, I must confess that I do not watch a lot of anime. Tenchi is one of the few I’ve ever sat and watched all the way through several canons of, the rest can be counted with only one hand. Maaaaaaybe two. My poison is music – as long as it sounds good I’ll listen to it. From Sludge Metal to Desert Rock, Rap to Doom Jazz, Chill Dub to something you’d hear on a recording of the weather channel from the mid 90s. I’ve got an album for every mood and way. If I didn’t have music I don’t think I would make it through the day.

Anyhoo, glad to be here with you all. Everyone’s been most kind since I got here and I’m looking forward to my stay at tenchiforum!

http://i.minus.com/ipiUZ6eOig77g.jpg" />

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous

Nil Admirari wrote:

Hey all! I’m already familiar with some of you through the chatbox but Chuck suggested I do a full introduction in this fine little corner of the board. It’s been quite a journey getting here let me tell you. After having been away from the fandom since 05 or 06, I was a little worried I’d not find a community with a pulse. Glad to see I was wrong, though!

After looking over a few of the forums I found I decided to call this place my new home!

Anyhoo, glad to be here with you all. Everyone’s been most kind since I got here and I’m looking forward to my stay at tenchiforum!

And we are most certainly glad that you decided to call Tenchiforum home! Welcome!

Always happy to see fanfiction writers! and a music lover of such taste is always welcome.

Enjoy your stay

wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      Now that’s an introduction! Welcome aboard! ^^;
      shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      Welcome aboard, man! I always find it excellent to find another writer. ^^

I spoke with you a bit in Mini-chat but it’s awesome you do original work too. I myself have been on the cusp of publishing as well. :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here! :D

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
      Crazed
      none
      Welcome, Nil! We certainly have our fair share of fanfic writers and are always happy to have one more! Enjoy your stay at Tenchiforum!
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      You seem interesting :) Welcome~

*hands you a muffin and some coffee*

Nil Admirari
      none
      Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I have to say though I haven’t written the fanfic… yet. Haven’t written a Tenchi fic since probably 03. Never say never though!

Mittens wrote:

You seem interesting :) Welcome~

*hands you a muffin and some coffee*

http://i.minus.com/idID1s2I6vzi.gif" />

Yeah,welcome.One thing that’s great about anime is that there are loads of titles with great music.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.