Agent Carter And Supergirl

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Agent Carter And Supergirl

• This topic is empty.
    Two new shows headed our way in 2015.The first is a prequel to the popular ABC series:

MARVEL’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and is basically a 8 week mini-series that will take its place when it goes on Winter Hiatus.

The second is CBS’ stab at getting into the Superhero market in a long time.It is scheduled for some time in the second quarter of the 2015 season.CBS is really confident with this one to the extent of

foregoing the usual Pilot.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Replies
      Almael
      We hardly ever get to see Supergirl so I’m more curious about it than your run-of-the-mill male superhero.

Our western society is just too sexist. Most of the female heroine movies etc. fail.

That’s true. I really really hope the Supergirl series doesn’t end up being like the movie.

Being that she’s one of my favorite DC characters and everything.I think that Xena has been one of the very few female lead series that was a success.

Ok only 24 hours more or less to Agent Carter.
      Welp…as expected Marvel’s Agent Carter was a real blast.They even inserted a few scenes with

Steve “Captain America” Rogers. soawesome1

The basic premise of the mini-series is that Howard Stark the founder of Stark Enterprises and father

of Tony “Ironman” Stark is accused of treason and he hires Agent Peggy Carter on the sly to clear his

name.Looks like there’s going to be a lot of Red Herrings on the way.

Oh…and the Big Bad is something code named LEVIATHAN.So far it’s been revealed that it’s not a person.

Fun part of it is every so often they intersperse the action of the Real World with the fictional

“Captain America” radio drama,so it’s fun to see Carter get pissed off because her character in the radio show “Nurse Peggy Carver” is such a girly girl damsel in distress. 😆

drillmaster
      In your opinion, is it better than Agents of SHIELD? I know that show took a LONG time for it to become worthwhile (namely HYDRA) so I have some reservations before I jump into the show. I am one of the people who loved First Avenger so I assume it’ll be up my alley, but still I figured I’d ask.
      I haven’t seen The First Avenger so can’t say much on that line of things.

As to whether or not it’s better than Agents of SHIELD keep in mind that the latter is an ongoing series and this is simply a mini-series that’s being used to fill in the gaps while it’s on

hiatus.

On the whole with the exception of Gotham I do prefer both series to the current crop of

DC based shows,which is why I’m waiting to see what the new Supergirl series will be like.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.