Ai Dub Cast: Whom Would You Choose?

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Ai Dub Cast: Whom Would You Choose?

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Emulating a previous thread, in a hypothetical scenario whom would you choose for the English cast of Ai Tenchi Muyo!? Can be any character(s), even the original girls and the main man himself (though in my case, I’m sticking to the new characters since I’d want the original dub actors to return).

I don’t have many ideas myself yet admittedly, but here we go!

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/ukan_zps96eff2a6.png" />

I’d seriously consider casting Colleen Clinkenbeard as Ukan Kurihara.

I first took notice of her commanding, feminine voice via her role as Riza Hawkeye of Fullmetal Alchemist. Many here will likely recognize her recently as Scarlet from one Space Dandy. Anyway, she can have a bit more of a mature edge to her voice, so combine that with her knack of portraying authoritative female figures and I think she’d be suited for the senpai role (plus it’d be fun to hear a bit of a sensual, possessive coating on her lovely voice).

Have at it!

And if there are any potential distributors lurking, take notes!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Replies
      SnowQueen
      Nice idea Who! I also totally agree that Colleen Clinkenbeard would make a awesome Ukan.

I say (and some my disagree) I think Caitlin Glass would be a good choice for Beni or Hachiko ^^

GaianKnight
      Participant
      For my limited part here, the OAV3 cast, with even the OVA3 Ryoko inclusive (at least,) for the proper cast, for the Tenchi cast voices there. As for the rest, got no clue whom to choose.

Actually, a question there, is Noike on in this Ai TM cast? Unsure whom of the Tenchi crew, we have yet to see, would be inclusive, for a discussion like this.

WisperG

GaianKnight wrote:

Actually, a question there, is Noike on in this Ai TM cast? Unsure whom of the Tenchi crew, we have yet to see, would be inclusive, for a discussion like this.

I don’t think there are any returning characters we haven’t seen yet, with the possible exception of Ryo-Ohki, but even she’s kinda up in the air at this point.

Noike isn’t in Ai. Same with other older characters like Kiyone and Nagi. If they were going to appear they likely would’ve been announced alongside the rest of the cast back in August.

Anonymous

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

(though in my case, I’m sticking to the new characters since I’d want the original dub actors to return).

Unless you have an amazing suggestion for an original cast member, please try and keep this to the new girls, we all want the originals back, NOW, with that being said

*PERSONAL OPINIONS AHEAD*

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

I don’t have many ideas myself yet admittedly, but here we go!

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/wwwwhhhhoooo/Tenchiforum%20Banners/ukan_zps96eff2a6.png" />

I’d seriously consider casting Colleen Clinkenbeard as Ukan Kurihara.

Many here will likely recognize her recently as Scarlet from one Space Dandy

SnowQueen wrote:

Nice idea Who! I also totally agree that Colleen Clinkenbeard would make a awesome Ukan.

While I think Colleen would be “the” go to choice for Ukan, I feel like she’s become the typecast for “Woman in charge” characters, and in this instance, I believe another mainstay in the form of Monica Rial would be better suited to the role.

Why? If you listen to Colleen as Scarlet for example, she’s got quite a bit of bass in her voice, and I just don’t see that coming out of Ukan. Colleen DEFINITELY could ACT the role, but I think Monica would nail it.

SnowQueen wrote:

I say (and some my disagree) I think Caitlin Glass would be a good choice for Beni or Hachiko ^^

I could definitely see Caitlin Glass as Hachiko!

I guess I should also add something to be critiqued too! lol

http://www.ai-tenchi.jp/images/chara/momo_f01.png" />

Momo – Stephanie Sheh

After hearing her do Usagi for Viz’s new Sailor Moon dub, she is pretty much tailor made to be a “meatball” head tuxedodouche

Nil Admirari
      none

http://i.imgur.com/EgsOuy6.jpg" />

How you turn my world?

You precious thing.

You starve and near exhaust me.

Everything I’ve done,

I’ve done for you.

I move the stars for no one!

You’ve run so long.

You’ve run so far.

Your eyes can be so cruel,

Just as I can be so cruel,

Oh I do believe in you.

Yes I do.

Live without your sunlight.

Love without your heartbeat.

I…

I…

Can’t live within you…

I can’t live within you

I…

I… can’t live within you.

kiyonesmile1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      My thoughts on dub for Ai post

So far I see candidates:

Beni: Caitlin Glass

Ukan: Colleen Clinkenbeard, Monica Rial

Hachiko: Caitlin Glass

Momo: Stephanie Sheh

None for Hana, Touri, Aoi, or Yuki.

My candidates will be very limited because the choices would have to come from animes that had a lot of females in them and I watch a very limited amount of anime dubbed but I will try to add more voices to the list.

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      A list of voices I have picked from anime I have watched and not have assorted them in a character yet, I have planned them for debate: Laura Bailey, Lara Cody, Bryn Apprill, Morgan Garrett, K.T. Gray, Skyler McIntosh
      SnowQueen
      I think Laura Bailey could pull off Hana. Heck I think I think she would be a good Momo too but I think she would be better as Hana for some reason. I don’t really know to much about the other voice actresses listed so I can’t really say to much about anyone else. (I haven’t watched dubbed in quite awhile)

If Luci Christian is stilling doing voice acting which I’m not sure off, she would make a great Rui! ^^ (I think anyway)

Anonymous

SnowQueen wrote:

If Luci Christian is stilling doing voice acting which I’m not sure off, she would make a great Rui! ^^ (I think anyway)

Great choice Snow! I had almost forgot about Luci Christian

Personally, I could see Luci Christian just KNOCKING Yuki out of the park, I can just hear her voice coming out of her,

http://www.ai-tenchi.jp/images/chara/fuka_f03.png" />

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      The GXP guys would need appropriate voices as well, I am thinking of Steve Blum for one of the GXP SWAT. The minor voices are also important as well.
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      In my mind this is the list so far:

Hana: Laura Bailey

Yuki: Luci Christian

Aoi: K.T. Gray

Momo: Stephanie Sheh

Touri: Annice Moriarty

Ukan: Monica Rial

Hachiko: Caitlin Glass

Beni: Maryke Hendrikse or Morgon Garrett

Although some of these choices I am unsure of myself. Gray and Hendrikse are just voices I like, somewhere Jane Arden and Annice Moriarty have to be considered.

Looks like a pretty solid list there except who are K.T.Gray,Annice Moriarty,Maryke Hendrikse and

Morgon Garrett? They’re the only ones I don’t recognize.

Also I’d love to see Michelle Ruff as one of the new girls. soawesome1

Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      K.T. Gray voiced Seras in Hellsing Ultimate, Annice Moriarty (now Annice Donohue) voiced skuld in Ah! My Goddess, Maryke Hendrikse voiced Revy in Black Lagoon, and Morgan Garrett voiced Kanzaki in A Certain Magical Index and Chiaia in Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
      Ok I’ve seen all of those except for A Certain Magical Index, so I can check the credits the next time I watch each one.

Like I said before excellent overall list.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.