Anime You Changed Your Mind About

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Anime You Changed Your Mind About

• This topic is empty.
    This thread is to discuss those titles that you initially hated,didn’t want to see or vowed to God you’d never watch if

Washu tortured you by making you eat Mihoshi’s muffins for an entire day! wth2

In other words anime that you intially for one reason or other really hated but some reason changed your mind about later on and even started to like.

I shall start with Death Note.Part of the reason I didn’t like it to begin with was all the hype,but the dub of the first episode also had something to do with it.I really didn’t watch any of it after the first episode until the finale,which I thought was rather better than the first episode.But what really has changed my mind was buying a book about the series and reading it,along with buying and watching the first movie.Those things really helped me

to get over my initial dislike of the show.

Madoka is another show where I didn’t initially like the hype.Though now comparing it to Eva makes me

really want to see it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Replies
      julia
      I agree with the Madoka. It’s not that I hated it or anything, but I saw the first episode around the time it came out and really wasn’t impressed. It took me about a year to actually go back to it, and man was I glad I did! Absolutely loved it and regret not continuing it sooner lol
      Anonymous
      s-cry-ed and GunXSword

I’ve said it multiple times that when I watched them initially, I went in from previous anime (Needless to Scryed, and Space Westerns in general to GunXSword) so my expectations were somewhat high. Both shows had fairly slow starts, especially scryed, they suffer from the first disc/first 4 episode syndrome where the first 4 episodes aren’t anything fantastic, everything after that though is just phenomenal. Just goes to show, not all shows start off with a bang.

Those are the first 2 that come to mind, though there are definitely more.

SnowQueen
      I agree with everyone about Madoka. I’m not a big fan of the horror genre so I didn’t want to go anywhere near it but I looked at the manga of it flipped through and it didn’t look as…graphic so I gave it a try and I couldn’t stop reading it so I watched it. Liked the manga better but Madoka Magica was pretty good all and all.

I also REALLY hated Hetalia when I watched it at first. I thought it was just stupid and just meant to please high school girls but after the hyped ended I gave it a try again and I LOVE it and it’s helped me out SO much on history tests. Tenchismile

That’s interesting that Hetalia helped you on your history test.

I can give another good example in Gungrave,I didn’t like the first two episodes when it ran on G4’s

Anime Unleashed but around the third or fourth episode where the story really got going is when I started to

enjoy it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.