AnimeNext

Forums Fan Stuff Convention Stuff AnimeNext

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Hey guys, it’s Kiy, live from a Starbucks in New Jersey somewhere, across from some store called the Stash ;). This weekend I went to AnimeNext, one of if not New Jersey’s largest conventions. This year, as well as in the past, it took place in Somerset, New Jersey at the Garden State Convention Center. I got here really late on Friday, so I missed that days programming, but so much fun was had on Saturday and Sunday that I will have severe post con depression when I do get home.

Panels I went to… Women in Anime with Ellen Styrn, I watched a voice acting contest, and then I went to Michele Knotz’s panel, which isn’t your everyday panel with a guest, no. Instead of her talking about herself, it was the audiences turn to be entertaining, and boy were they. It made me wish I had a talent lol. Might have to think of one for next time. This was such a fun panel. After this I watched the AnimeNext match game, which reminded me of CaH but the contestants and guests wrote answers to fill in the blanks, and tried to get matches. On Sunday, I got things signed by Michele Knotz and Matthew Mercer after waiting in line with some fabulous people.

Dealers Room… Not massive like Otakon, but had a lot of good stuff. I bought two cels, a shirt, some anime and a lot of plushies. I also spent time in the artist alley as my friends were working there,

Crowds… There were some, but the staff were very smart with line control.

Lodging… I stayed at an econolodge that seemed far away but there was a shortcut to the con so worth it :)

Overall… Such a fun con. I loved it!

Pictures of anime loot to come….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.