Animerica ’94 Scans

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Manga / Doujinshi / Light Novel Animerica ’94 Scans

• This topic is empty.
    I was gifted a banker’s box worth of old anime mags from about 86 through 96.

Finally got the scans and put them into a PDF. Photoshop is not on the small side when it makes PDFs, so this is 13 pages spread across 3 issues, about 200mb. I think I’m actually missing a couple articles or maybe a Kajishima interview, there’s probably 40 magazines to go through so I’ll have to take another look sometime. This has a multi page spread with an interview from Hayashi. He also talks briefly about El Hazard.

These are from Feb, April, and May ’94. Of interest to Dagon probably, is that Iczer was pretty heavily advertised in Animerica and some others, before Tenchi yes, but also along side it. Iczer at least initially, was getting more press than Tenchi did, so while we consider it an unknown, the fans of the 90’s probably wouldn’t have.

PDF = https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HZyoaANKTmZjJSNXA5NW95Nkk

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      Yukinojo
      Participant
      none
      Did you get the magazines from a Convention or someone? A decade worth of magazines seems like a lot to go through, hope there’s cool facts in the interviews with Hayashi.
      jgzinv
      There’s a guy who lived in Japan, but has been back in the states for several years. His in-laws are moving in with him and the misses, so he was ordered to clear out his many decades old stash of anime in the garage. He’s been slowly parting it out during our anime group meetings.

I got the PAC newsletters and a few other stashes of old stuff like some tenchi and AMG comics, and this box of mags, as well as a trunk full of recorded VHS tapes in Japanese. Got a couple of posters. Lot of it is from the late 80’s era.

jgzinv
      Scans PDF is up in the first post.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.