Another Fanfiction Idea?!

Forums Fan Stuff Fanfiction Another Fanfiction Idea?!

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
    none
    Yes, yes. I have another one. lol

But seriously; there has been some internal thought on the subject since I began my other fanfiction also. I do plan on finishing the other before I even began this one, let alone consider it fully. I need to make sure it would be a swell idea to tackle.

Crazed brought it up in mumble to me and I acknowledged that I had an idea for what he said. A Tenchi In Tokyo fanfiction.

Tokyo hasn’t gotten the best reviews and reception out there, but honestly, there are several REALLY awesome ideas that are brought indirectly to the forefront that needed more attention. I actually was thinking about perhaps writing a sequel. I would include some stuff about Yugi maturing, and perhaps more along the lines of the “Empress” of Jurai.

It is still in the abstract idea stage and I would rather finish my fanfiction I have now before starting that, but I would like some feedback on the idea. Questions, comments, ideas, any two cents about the general notion of a Tenchi in Tokyo continuation.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Replies
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none
      My two cents on the general notion is this would be cool. Though initially conceived as a Universe continuation, and despite many fans’ general dismissal of it as just “that quirky spinoff” (like that one relative you always avoid at the family picnic) Tokyo has proven itself as capable of standing on its own as a legitimate standalone series with its own canon as any other; there’re definitely corners ripe for being explored further.
      Anonymous
      That’s the one thing I’ve always loved about Tenchi.

Other series barely make it to the finish and have literally exhausted most plot / character / world building development, while Tenchi, regardless of continuity or series, is bursting at the seems with possible prequel and sequel ideas.

As for Tenchi in Tokyo, much like Universe, I think has a myriad of possible sequel ideas or other such ideas to explore, In fact I have quite a few myself associated with the Empress and Yugi growing into a teenager.

shadowsfall0
      Participant
      none
      I totally agree Dagon. Many worlds in terms of building fanfiction don’t have that room to do so in many ways. However, especially with Tenchi, you have plenty of room to expand on the beforehand events or sequel notion.

I actually am curious as to the ideas you had on the Empress and Yugi’s adolescence. You should PM me about it sometime. ^_^

Who, I do agree that it often has the rep of being the quirky forgotten middle ground. Some of the ideas in it are actually really golden and by extension rather interesting. Especially how it begs the questions we’ve never seen spoken, and even has a bit of a darker feel to it in the latter half.

"For the curse of life is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.