Aoi Uma Con ’13

Forums Fan Stuff Convention Stuff Aoi Uma Con ’13

• This topic is empty.
    Well I have returned from AUC day two with much victory I think.

I went a Yosho again with my saber in tow, and wasn’t long before I ran into

the Tenchi and Ryoko couple from Ohayocon in plain clothes. Gave a card to them, whom

evidently lurk. Had another guy who recognized me before and after that, and gave him a card.

Had another guy in passing that recognized Yosho, no card.

In the 3D printing panel, in which I showed off the Tenchi-ken, had 4-5 people catch me

and 2 were previous fans, got them cards. Also one of that group had a bigger group of friends

that had since moved to Ohio, that were trying to get a big Tenchi cosplay group together, but had

gotten postponed as of late. She was thinking of going as Achika, but didn’t think anyone would recognize her, so thought instead of doing a Funaho. Gave her a card.

Just after that, got caught by another guy wanting a picture, and gave him a card too.

Also got to listen to Lisa Ortiz (Lina Inverse) talk about the golden days, saw a couple of panels and a little bit of other anime.

So while it’s a very small con, (4 event rooms, 1 game room, 1 viewing/misc room, 1 dealers room) it was quite a bit more productive than Chiisaicon. In some ways I got in contact with even more fans than Ohayocon and Otakon combined.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow, quite an eventful con! Awesome work JG, you make us all proud!
      Anonymous
      Indeed, sounds like you really got us around over there :Tenchismile:

I would love to meet Lisa Ortiz someday

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.