At long last…it’s mine!

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat At long last…it’s mine!

• This topic is empty.
    none
    Finally got my hands on it…Tenchi Muyo oav1 & 2 on dvd… (finally got the money, so decided to spring for it). Of course I remember watching the show on CN, & since then I’ve watched every continuity numerous times online, but to actually have it in my hands…it’s almost indescribable, not sure why, it’s just better getting to hold it (& that cover? So awesome!) & having it in high quality as I’ve never seen it before on my flat screen tv, no buffering to worry about–just awesome.

3 disc, Ultimate Edition, just barely under $100 pretty good deal, imo

Looks like my collection is off to a good start

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Nobuyuki
        Participant
        Welcome to the game! :washu:
        jgzinv
        Is that the set that had the combination ultimate Tenchi encyclopedia in the extras?
        jgzinv
        Um yeah the reason I asked is that it used to be known that the encyclopedia combines information

from the various tenchi series and throws it off as fact. So I wouldn’t trust it as far as keeping things

straight. It’s nice to look at… sure, just grain of salt stuff here.

I rented it a few years back from greencine, which ironically ANB I think rented from at the same time

so we shared the disc probably.

Anonymous
        Awesome Who!, welcome to the club 😆 This is easily my favorite set, simply because it just feels top notch, the main image especially, its not recycled from anything else, and really makes the set feel “one of a kind”

JGZinv wrote:

Um yeah the reason I asked is that it used to be known that the encyclopedia combines information

from the various tenchi series and throws it off as fact. So I wouldn’t trust it as far as keeping things

straight. It’s nice to look at… sure, just grain of salt stuff here.

Considering that Pioneer didn’t deal with Doujinshi and in chronological order for the series of the time, it makes a whole hell of a lot more sense to say thats canon in 2000, then allude they are 3 different Universes of material you probably will never read ;)

“Canon” in Tenchi, is whatever you want it to be, lol

jgzinv
        I wouldn’t say that…. just that it’s canon to each series.

I saw the set too as I said before on rental, it was nice… I just didn’t like how they blended TU and if I recall,

TiT in with the OVA as though it pertained to what you were watching as the video discs. It’s ultimately confusing

for people that buy it first and don’t know the differences. If I recall it referenced the novels in pieces as well.

But it had some cool stuff like a walkthrough of the rooms in the Masaki house. I hadn’t seen that before.

I’d have gone for that on the Dual DVDs… as was all we had was a floorplan from the book guide.

It’s got nice stuff, it’s just arranged weird and confusing for first time owners. Tis all I’m saying. OVA makes

more sense to stick with OVA information, not a buffet.

Maybe they did it on purpose to try and get people too look up the other series so they could make more sales.

Nobuyuki
        Participant

Quote:

If I recall it referenced the novels in pieces as well.

Definitely includes ‘101’ references.

Anonymous

JGZinv wrote:

Maybe they did it on purpose to try and get people too look up the other series so they could make more sales.

This was Tenchi Enyclopedia V.3, Encyclopedia meaning “All things Tenchi” its bad marketing to only put OVA material on a release that came after all the series had been released and no real “canon” had been defined (Keep in mind this came out in 2000), So I think it being confusing is a really niche nit pick, the encyclopedia had been released 2 times before on different releases which also contained content not native to that particular “Universe”, also, looking at it now, they always said in particular parts that “in Universe” or “In TinT” or “In the OVA” so, lol

Get a haircut, meathead.

Just kidding. As I said before, you got that for a pretty good deal, and I know you’re going to enjoy it.

SilverWhisper wrote:

As I said before, you got that for a pretty good deal, and I know you’re going to enjoy it.

Finding this set for 80-90 dollars is probably the best anyone can get.

Anything lower than that, and that’s when I’d start asking for lots of pictures to make sure it’s not a cheap imitation.

Little Washu wrote:

The Ultimate Edition on Amazon

>Implying I haven’t already encountered this level of highway robbery

:ghost:

Little Washu wrote:

Hey, you’re happy with it aren’t you? With this set especially I don’t personally think about the price I paid, it was worth it.

All I’m saying is I’ve seen this level of price gouging before and it BOGGLEs my mind how thy can get away with that. I mean as much as I love the series do they honestly think I’d give up a whole months worth of wages for it? Nnnnnnnnnno sir! :ryoko:

What is their justification? I mean even 200 dollars pushes it. 800 dollars? You’re living in a dreamland.

Ryoko’s Stepdad wrote:

Little Washu wrote:

The Ultimate Edition on Amazon

>Implying I haven’t already encountered this level of highway robbery

:ghost:

Have you now? :AAANND:

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.