Batman!

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Batman!

• This topic is empty.
    whats your favorite batman movie and villian! mmmm1
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Replies
      Anonymous
      [BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/RKiG_9C5T8E[/BBvideo]

Easily Batman Returns from 1992, no goofy voice masking, everything is dark like it should be but not so fucking serious that it becomes a parody of itself, Catwoman as Michelle Pfeiffer is the best Catwoman probably ever will be, and just a damn good movie period.

As far as villains are concerned? There are so freaking many, but I’ve always been a fan of Mr. Freeze and Clayface, Mr. Freeze because his story and background are just tragic, and Clayface because the guy is (Literally) immortal, so immortal that Batman keeps him around so that should Superman ever go insane, Clayface can stop him because even Superman can’t beat him.

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      As far as movies go, I agree %100 with Dagon. Batman Returns is always what I will think of when someone says “live action Batman movie.” My FAVORITE Batman, however, is not a movie but a tv series. It is, of course, Batman: The Animated Series! I am a HUGE fan of Bruce Timm’s animated DC universe, and it was never better than in this series. It absolutely nailed the atmosphere of crime stricken, steampunky Gotham City, and the acting was phenomenal. Most importantly, however, was how well the characters were written. Bruce Wayne was still a brooding character, rather than a crazy one. He had many issues, to be sure, but he was still a functioning, rational human being, unlike in many later iterations. And the Joker. Heath Ledger was a fine actor, and he brought gravitas to the role in the Dark Knight, but he was not the definitive Joker in my mind. That honor belongs to Mark Hamill. He could be scary and demented as hell, but he was still a clown. Honestly, isn’t it scarier not knowing if the gun being held to your head by a laughing maniac will actually shoot you, or just go “bang!”? Anyway, that’s why B:TAS is my favorite Batman iteration.

As for favorite villains, that’s slightly harder to say. I have always loved the Batman villains more than almost any other series’ villains, but some stand out to me. My favorite is probably the Penguin. I just like his classy demeanor, and come on, his character design is just awesome. I also really like Dr. Freeze, for the reasons Dagon said above. I also really like Poison Ivy, for, well, reasons. 😳

Personally even though it’s OTT I still prefer the Adam West tv series.The main reason of course is because I grew up watching it.I also like the fact that his Batman is more of a thinker than some of the movie versions.As far as the villians go,while Michelle Pfeiffer and Jack Nicholson especially did good jobs as Catwoman and Joker,for me the

definitive versions will always be Julie Newmar and Cesar Romero.That said I do like the original Tim Burton Batman

movie since it was fun to watch.My problem with the newer movies is that they seem to be too long.

I do agree with Chuck though on Batman:TAS,which I think is a true classic on it’s own. iloveit1

Yosho24
      I gotta go with the first 2 original Batman movies with Michael Keaton Not only is he my favorite Batman, but the dark art style and casting made those first two movies for me. As for villians, I’d probably have to go with Heath ledger’s joker. He put on just an unbelievable performance in the Dark Knight. Absolutely legendary
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Dagon123 wrote:

I’ve always been a fan of Mr. Freeze and Clayface, Mr. Freeze because his story and background are just tragic

Thank you, B:TAS. ;)

It was kinda’ haunting watching that episode in black & white.

segaman4
      I would say the timburton batman movies 89 and returns.anfd the nolon trilogy.as for my favorite villian it would be the joker and the leauge of shadows. soawesome1
      Joker has to be one of the tops in Bat’s gallery of rogues.I mean whoever plays him,he always tends to be twisted and sadistic.In every real way he’s the match to Batman in genius and ingenuity.

That all said my personal favorite Batvillian has to be Catwoman.I think of all of them she has one of the most sympathetic backgrounds:father was an abusive boozer,mother committed suicide by slashing her wrists in the bathtub,Selina herself had to survive a Dickensian orphanage.(Based on information in the ’90s Catwoman comic book of which I was a big fan of.)Like a lot of Catwoman fans I prefer not to think of the Halle Barry movie as being canonical or even existing.

Now if they want to make a REAL Catwoman movie they really ought to take a look of what DC did with the ’90s

comic book.

WisperG
      I’m going to be that guy and say that I didn’t really care for any of the live-action movies very much. I think I’ve seen them all except the ’66 and ’89 films. Of the ones I have seen I thought they were all entertaining, I’ll give them that much, and if I had to choose I’d have to say I liked the Dark Knight trilogy the least and liked Batman Returns the most. But even that’s not my favorite, none of the live-action movies are.

My favorite Batman movie is, and perhaps always will be Mask of the Phantasm, the final theatrical animated Batman film.

It’s Batman: The Animated Series on the big screen! Need any more be said? No, but I will mention that MotP also has one of my favorite movie posters of all time:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/d9/fc/e8d9fc7ed6185ec969bf21431f9e17dc.jpg" />

I have to agree the poster for MotP does have a cool look to it.

Of note concerning the ’66 movie:former Miss America,Lee Meriwether replaced Julie Newmar in the role of Catwoman.Also they re-used some of the props in the ’67 season of the tv series.

*Bat Bump!*

Just wanted everyone to be reminded that the 1960s tv series is finally out on Bluray.For many

classic tv fans this has been the Holy Grail since it has never been put out on Bluray before.

A lot of goodies come with the set,including the original 1960s movie.There’s also a DVD version

and for those of us who don’t have the Batcash,a season 1 DVD.

Better get yours before the Joker does! 😆

drillmaster
      This is probably my third favorite Batman show, after BTAS and Batman Brave and the Bold. This show is so great and Batman fans tend to look down on it because of the camp. Please, Surf’s Up, Joker’s Under is a masterpiece on every conceiveable level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlusgU-MUZ4

Cowabunga, Beggorah indeed.

I have Adam West’s book Back To The Batcave and he insists that it was actually comedy and not camp.

Though whether or not you call it camp or comedy,it was always and is always fun to watch. soawesome1

Almael
      I know a whole bunch of people who would buy it. I wonder if they got some features for the FX.
      It doesn’t mention all the extras that come with it but they do have two extra discs,one is the

Movie and the other is Adam West Naked in which he talks about all the behind the scenes

stuff that happened.

I would love to see a Blooper DVD/BD released as well just because I’m curious if Frank Gorshin

ever did his Jimmy Cagney schtick the way he did on Star Trek.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.