Black Lagoon: Roberta’s Blood Trail (Dub)

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Black Lagoon: Roberta’s Blood Trail (Dub)

• This topic is empty.
    none
    [BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/FYm0cGc4-Ww[/BBvideo]

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

bth_iamhappykaboomplz

Words, can’t, form right now, too excited, memories of one of the best English dubs for an anime flooding back…too much for words right now.

I’ll uh…I’ll get back on here when I can speak right again.

awesomenessplz

OMG Becks where are youz?! I need to fangasm about this with someone!!!

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Replies
      Every time I see a clip of Black Lagoon it reminds me that I really ought to look into getting it.
      Thorn
      ^^ I’ll fangasm! That was awesome! So far every dubbed clip I’ve seen of RBT has been just as epic, if not more so, than the first two seasons! Something about that colonial tune over the ending just fits amazingly as well XD Simply put: Black Lagoon is made of awesomeness, wrapped in badass with a side of no shits given attitude! :Cheeks: It’s my not-so-guilty pleasure.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

Thorn wrote:

Simply put: Black Lagoon is made of awesomeness, wrapped in badass with a side of no shits given attitude!

Well said. As much as can be said about the anime itself, what really blew me away and made it stand apart in my mind was the quality of the English dub. It is phenomenal, literally, because frankly you just do not see a dub of that caliber very often. What’s that? And it wasn’t FUNi who dubbed it originally, you say? Hey, I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying… *

The entire English cast shines, particularly Maryke Hendrikse as Revy. Revy, among many things, is energetic, gritty, feminine (but not dainty), brass, coy, and, as Washu might put it, makes unapologetic use of her ‘visual psychological tactics’ along with her unmatched skills as a sharpshooter/badass to turn the tables on her unsuspecting foes, and Maryke nails her character flawlessly.

Thanks for fangasming with me, Thorn ^-^

& ML…it’s worth seeing, I’ll tell you that much.

*EDIT: If it weren’t for the promos, I’d half worry about Mona Marshal being cast as Revy in Blood Trail.

Thorn
      ^ Right back at you; well said. They couldn’t have picked a better bunch of Canadians forthe cast. And Maryke does stand out both in and out of the booth in that she couldn’t be more different from Revy yet she nails the character so perfectly! She also gets bonus points for writing some of her own lines in the dubs.
      Black Lagoon is listed as avaible at Rightstuf but Roberta’s Blood Trail is pre-order.
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

As much as can be said about the anime itself, what really blew me away and made it stand apart in my mind was the quality of the English dub. It is phenomenal, literally, because frankly you just do not see a dub of that caliber very often.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpNT-XJ7OU[/BBvideo]

Nobuyuki wrote:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

As much as can be said about the anime itself, what really blew me away and made it stand apart in my mind was the quality of the English dub. It is phenomenal, literally, because frankly you just do not see a dub of that caliber very often.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpNT-XJ7OU[/BBvideo]

I look at that clip… and I remember the look of pain on the man’s face when it happens, along with everyone else’s. >_<

Thorn

mitsuki lover wrote:

Black Lagoon is listed as avaible at Rightstuf but Roberta’s Blood Trail is pre-order.

I just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon today. As a bonus: I introduced Black Lagoon to my best friend a few days ago and it was EPIC! She is literally what you would get if you took Revy and stripped her of her guns–they even share a name! 😆

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Yeah, she mad. umademoticon

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qj5zJWgBzk[/BBvideo]

Still planning on order the regular series next month.Then when I have a chance the OVA.
      FWIW Department:Took a Black Lagoon personality test and came out as Balalaika.
      Thorn
      ^ Arguably the only person more badass than Revy or Roberta…and she rarely is seen using a weapon.

Where did you take that personality test?

Thorn wrote:

^ Arguably the only person more badass than Revy or Roberta…and she rarely is seen using a weapon.

Where did you take that personality test?

She doesn’t need to fire a weapon- she just has her experience and her usage of… specific tactics to get what she needs. (Episode 3 of season 1)

Well just checked and Roberta’s Blood Trail finally comes out on next Tuesday.Cost at Rightstuf is

$23.99.

Always a fun thing to have it at… wait, $23.99? Wowzers.
      Yep.

Just re-checked to make sure and it is $23.99 American Dollars. :washu: bth_MIHOSHI212121

I’m surprised it’s that low, considering that they had to do the dub for it.
      Well I checked the other major anime retailers online too:

Animenation=$29.99

Anime Castle=$31.98

Anime Corner Store=$26.98

And that doesn’t include the S & H.

Still, this is relatively low considering how new-ish a stateside release it is.
      Thorn
      I pre-ordered it for $30 even from Amazon. The price to wait and buy it post-release was going to be a whopping 85+ bucks!
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

Thorn wrote:

The price to wait and buy it post-release was going to be a whopping 85+ bucks!

From where are you getting ripped off? RBT’s MSRP is only $40. :?

Thorn
      I’m not getting ripped-off. I pre-ordered and only paid $30 total. :D
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      OK, let me re-phrase: What kind of rip-off site is listing a $40 release (RBT) for $85? :P

P.S-

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHeM_utQO4[/BBvideo]

Thorn
      Yeah! My copy shipped today!
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      Yay!

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixduce7Cbo[/BBvideo]

Thorn
      Got RBT in the mail yesterday. Needless to say I’ve been marathoning Black Lagoon all day long! :Cheeks: The cast is just as epic almost five years later as they were when they dubbed Second Barrage!
      And now that I have the second season of Rosario x Vampire it’s time for me to order me some Black Lagoon. 😎
      If all goes the way I think,I will order BL on Monday.Then maybe sometime later on I shall get around to

ordering the OVA.

devilbecka
      X3! cant wait! got mine pre ordered
      Thorn
      ^ The only flaw is that it’s only five episodes, but hey, at least we know there are more of the manga arcs for future anime eps!
      Well it shouldn’t matter as long as it’s solid.

And in other news:I decided not to wait until Monday and went and sent in my order for BL today. :D 😎

devilbecka
      its all cool and all but why singele out episode was it long than the others :Cheeks: cant remember really
      Nobuyuki
      Participant
      And now that I got the regular series and will start watching on Oct. 4, I can look forward to getting the

OVA when I’m done. :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu: :washu:

Nobuyuki
      Participant
      rofl

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/QKLayXnKRWg[/BBvideo]

Thorn
      Okay, so I’m sure some of you have already noticed this but last night I discovered Youtube accounts impersonating Revy and Rock. It was both hilarious and epic! They both comment to each other and other users on various Black Lagoon vids.
      *bump*

So it looks like I finally got to the part where Roberta is being introduced so I get to finally see what all the fuss about her is about.

Ah!Yes,indeed worth getting the OVA when I am done with the series now.As I said at the Kin of the Stars

forum,it was interesting to see how polite,quiet and demure she came across and also how she dominated

the scenes she was in.

Then as I also noted the main female characters on BL all seem to have that habit of dominating any scene they’re in.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.