Bugs

• This topic is empty.
    Now that Internet Explorer integration is up and running, if you find any bugs or glitches or what have you, whether that be broken links or weird browser incompatibility, POST IT HERE
Viewing 70 reply threads
  • Replies
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Not really a bug, but I was wondering if the forum’s clock would ever be updated to reflect daylight savings time? Not a major problem, but it’s a bit disorienting at times.
      Kiyami
      Participant
      none
      Try changing your settings. Go to your user control panel, then board preferences. Tick “No” where it talks about DST and save.
      chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Wow, so much for my supposedly big brain! bth_Kiyo2342-1 bth_images26

Thanks for the help Mitts.

jgzinv
      On the Ohayocon page, the menu link to Otakon is missing from the same navigation menu.
      wwwwhhhhoooo
      none

JGZinv wrote:

On the Ohayocon page, the menu link to Otakon is missing from the same navigation menu.

Actually I’ve noticed that on a couple pages, but not a big deal. If maintenance would like specific pages, I can go through and list them later.

Anonymous
      ALL page menus now congruently update at the same time so this should no longer ever be an issue :Tenchismile:

Part of the reason this was prevalent was because I had to make each page use its own version of the menu bar (This was because I was seriously rushing from the lack of no sleep and no idea how to get it to work on pages outside of the forum when 3.0 went up originally, so I had no choice but to do it or face not having the majority of pages with it on launch, lol)

Now all is well ^_^

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      The smileys aren’t working. I click on them but all that happens is my page is pushed back up to the top and they don’t appear in the chat box (or in regular posts for that matter).
      WisperG
      I’ve been having the same issue as Chuck for a few days now, I just hadn’t gotten around to posting about it yet. But for me its not just smilies, I can’t use any of the BBCode buttons (Quote, insert pic/video, bold, font size/color, etc). None of it works, though I can still insert stuff into my posts manually.
      Anonymous
      Smilies are going to be disabled as I work on a large update and whittle down the smiles (because we had well over 300, lol)
      Thanks for the information.I was wondering what had happened to them as well.
      evilpii
      Participant
      none
      Thanks for the update to the site, guys. The site looks great. ^^V I do not have time at the moment to peruse the entirety of the site, but I did notice something amiss.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/Screenshotfrom2014-01-31080440_zpsa99e6f5a.png" />

Some of the header images for the forum itself do not seem aligned correctly when I view the forum in a large window. Technical details are below.

• Browser: Firefox 25.0

• Resolution: 1280×1024
    • Script blocker: NoScript 2.6.8.13
    • Whitelisted domains: tenchiforum.com, googleapis.com, google.com
    • Blacklisted domains: voicecommandcenter.com, jwpcdn.com
    Crazed
    none
    In order to fix the issue with the header press Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard.
    evilpii
    Participant
    none

Crazed wrote:

In order to fix the issue with the header press Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard.

Thanks, Crazed. ^^v That removes the old banner in favor of a solid blue bar, which I assume is the correct rendering.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/Screenshotfrom2014-01-31113052_zpse1106330.png" />

However, in testing the manga and novels in the Simple Reader, I noticed that the images seem broken.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/Screenshotfrom2014-01-31114255_zpsf0ee19bc.png" />

I also tried this page on my gaming rig, and the same result happened in Firefox, but Internet Explorer rendered the manga correctly.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/tenchiforum_zps339f63bf.png" />

Anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

Technicals for gaming rig:

• Browsers: Firefox 26.0 and Internet Explorer 11.0.2

• Resolution: 1842×1036
  • Script blocker: NoScript 2.6.8.13
  • Whitelisted domains: tenchiforum.com, googleapis.com, google.com
  • Blacklisted domains: voicecommandcenter.com, jwpcdn.com
  • *ADDENDUM: Simple Reader works fine with Safari.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p661/evilpii/Forum/macosx_zps7123ea94.jpg" />

Technicals for laptop:

• Browser: Safari 5.1.10

• Resolution: 1280×800
    Nil Admirari
    none
    Firefox is probably looking for something the other browsers aren’t. We had an interesting bug arise last night in testing with Firefox where the header image refused to conform to any scaling standards until the mobile version of the site auto-kicked in at ~600px wide or a certain aspect ratio.

http://i.minus.com/irZJeWJTtvc5x.png" />

My initial fix for this ended up causing some rather… unintended side effects.

http://i.minus.com/iLXPB2nuUxkus.png" />

The code responsible has since been sacked. Everything was supposed to be gravy, firefox.

In any case, we’ll take a look and see what’s giving Firefox the hangup since it seems to be working fine in Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE.

julia
    It’s still making me log in almost every time I visit D: You’re tearing me apart, Lisa! T_T
    WisperG
    Same thing is happening to me Julia. The “log me in automatically” check box doesn’t seem to do anything. I still have to log in again pretty much every time I’ve visited since the update. A very minor issue though.
    julia
    Yeah, the box doesn’t help :( I have my name and pass on here anyways so it’s not so much a hassle, just kind of annoying. I think it’s the same way on mobile though, and that doesn’t save my name or pass and I hate typing on that thing -_-

First wold problems haha :)

Anonymous

WisperG wrote:

Same thing is happening to me Julia. The “log me in automatically” check box doesn’t seem to do anything. I still have to log in again pretty much every time I’ve visited since the update. A very minor issue though.

Which is weird because I haven’t had the problem.

I guess I should ask has anyone NOT had to login every time?

Nil Admirari
    none
    I’ve had the problem since the start of the week, so whatever was preventing me from being logged out in the first few days has reverted.
    Nobuyuki
    Participant
    Been that way since the upgrade. No biggie.
    jgzinv
    I’ve had the constant login thing as well. Both PC, and different android versions on multiple browsers.
    Anonymous
    Problem should be fixed now Tenchismile
    Nil Admirari
    none
    (Login remembering) Tested in latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and the Steam Web Browser (based off of Chrome’s version of Webkit), so it should be good to go for everyone. kiyonesmile1

(Simpleviewer Firefox issues) Seems to be working at last in Firefox, albeit with slightly different behavior than its Chrome counterpart. Let us know if you’re still seeing the X errors.

julia
    I’m still logged in! :’D Yay! Thank you so much~
    jgzinv
    Workin here, much appreciated.
    evilpii
    Participant
    none

Nil Admirari wrote:

(Simpleviewer Firefox issues) Seems to be working at last in Firefox, albeit with slightly different behavior than its Chrome counterpart. Let us know if you’re still seeing the X errors.

I am still seeing “X” where the images should be in Simpleviewer with Firefox under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13. I have used CTRL+F5 to force a reload, but this does not seem to help.

Nil Admirari
    none

evilpii wrote:

Nil Admirari wrote:

I am still seeing “X” where the images should be in Simpleviewer with Firefox under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13. I have used CTRL+F5 to force a reload, but this does not seem to help.

Really? I see it as this on my desktop (Win 8, latest Firefox) and laptop (Win 7, latest Firefox)

http://i.minus.com/ihJnnvEk5rZi1.png" />

Huh. This is going to require some more elbow grease I suppose. Kiyofacepalm1

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    I am also still getting the X’s in the manga reader. I’m running the latest firefox (27.0), and Windows 8.1 (64bit). I’ve Ctrl+F5’d the page, but still nothing.
    wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

chucklocker wrote:

I am also still getting the X’s in the manga reader. I’m running the latest firefox (27.0), and Windows 8.1 (64bit). I’ve Ctrl+F5’d the page, but still nothing.

Did you try clicking on the ‘X’ itself? Or the page, might work.

Also, not a bug but on the note of the manga, I’m looking through the Okuda manga from the beginning and wondering is all of Volume 1 there? Because if Volume 2 follows Volume 1, it just seems like narrative-wise there are some big gaps between the two (same thing between two and three, I realize the Magical Girl Pretty Sammy one is it’s own thing, but Volume 2 didn’t really seem to wrap up).

Nil Admirari
    none

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

chucklocker wrote:

Did you try clicking on the ‘X’ itself? Or the page, might work.

Also, not a bug but on the note of the manga, I’m looking through the Okuda manga from the beginning and wondering is all of Volume 1 there? Because if Volume 2 follows Volume 1, it just seems like narrative-wise there are some big gaps between the two (same thing between two and three, I realize the Magical Girl Pretty Sammy one is it’s own thing, but Volume 2 didn’t really seem to wrap up).

Seems our copy of Simpleviewer has a hard limit of 50 pages per active gallery, even though on my end I see everything fine from the backend as the rest of each issue is uploaded and attached to the page. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon.

In the meantime, Dagon was able to replicate the Firefox “X” issue but I still can’t. We have a few ideas on what may be the problem but it will be difficult to test with just one pair of eyes and hands.

Nil Admirari
    none
    Image limit fixed! kiyonesmile1
    Anonymous
    And see Nil doesn’t have the problem that others do, which is very odd

For everyone who uses Firefox, other than Pii and Chuck, does this also happen to you?

Chrome and IE seem to work fine, for those who are on Safari and other browsers, are you having the same problem?

evilpii
    Participant
    none

Dagon123 wrote:

Chrome and IE seem to work fine, for those who are on Safari and other browsers, are you having the same problem?

evilpii wrote:

Simple Reader works fine with Safari.

Technicals for laptop:

• Browser: Safari 5.1.10
  • Resolution: 1280×800
  • I retested Simpleviewer in Safari just now, and I can read the manga just fine. I copied the technicals from my earlier post just in case. ^^v

I seem to be getting a bug when trying to checkout with PayPal on the Tenchi Muyo game for the Collector’s box. Can anyone look into it?
    Nil Admirari
    none
    Can you get us a screenshot of what it is doing, or a copy of whatever error message you’re seeing?
    Dagon fixed it, so thank you for your help Nil.
    Nobuyuki
    Participant

julia wrote:

It’s still making me log in almost every time I visit D: You’re tearing me apart, Lisa! T_T

Head’s-up, this seems to be appearing again. Twice today.

jgzinv
    L, julia, and myself also seeing it come up again.
    Anonymous
    All visuals are fixed and consistent, we are still working on the login issue
    julia
    The mumble box looks REALLY weird on my end… Not a huge deal but I thought I’d point it out. The background is a lighter shade than the text and it’s hard to read, and only three of the rooms are displayed.
    Kemm
    Participant
    The “read” links (Media->Read, Media->Read->Manga and Media->Read-Novels) direct me to a page with a broken version of the board index page (no images, no styles and chatbox superimposed to the section list. If going through google’s cache, however, it works for the cached page (if you click any of the links, you get the same result).

Also, when accessing a previous version of the forum (http://tenchiforum.com/v3.0/novelsmenu.html), I found that the Mirror links are all dead and some of the main ones as well (like GXP novel 3).

Nil Admirari
    none

Kemm wrote:

The “read” links (Media->Read, Media->Read->Manga and Media->Read-Novels) direct me to a page with a broken version of the board index page (no images, no styles and chatbox superimposed to the section list. If going through google’s cache, however, it works for the cached page (if you click any of the links, you get the same result).

Also, when accessing a previous version of the forum (http://tenchiforum.com/v3.0/novelsmenu.html), I found that the Mirror links are all dead and some of the main ones as well (like GXP novel 3).

It is currently busted, we’re looking into the issue but it will remain so until we get back next week. Sorry for any inconvenience!

GaianKnight
    Participant
    Confirming the above bug report, on my end. Also informing the stay logged in bug, is on my Firefox V33.2. (I don’t use IE, haven’t bothered unless forced for some reason.)
    Nil Admirari
    none
    We’re undergoing some changes, over the next few days you may see some unusual behavior from the forum software. At the moment, we do realize that the Chat Box is missing and are working to reintegrate it as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience in the interim.
    Nil Admirari
    none
    Welcome to the new forum upgrade! The old forum had many systems in place which were outdated and no longer updated, so we had to ditch them. Others may simply need tweaks here and there. If you notice any BBCode not acting as it should, or a part of the site not functioning properly, be sure to let us know here so we can get it looked at! kiyonesmile1
    GaianKnight
    Participant
    Can’t seem to post in chat, on my end. Did a log out and back in, to be sure, still, no fry sauce here.
    Nil Admirari
    none

GaianKnight wrote:

Can’t seem to post in chat, on my end. Did a log out and back in, to be sure, still, no fry sauce here.

I had this issue in my Steam Overlay webrowser, which is based offf of Chrome/Safari/Webkit. Are you using any of those? Will a simple refresh work?

Also, don’t be afraid to use this thread for suggestions as well. I’ve already got a list of things going for suggestions and bugs to look into:

• Avatars too small/weird ring reduces visibility.

Awkward scaling of header section on resolutions smaller than 1280×1024.

No Kiyone in the header image ;)

“New Posts” are represented by gray images amidst a sea of gray images, which doesn’t stand out nearly as well as the green notifications from the forum software previous. Could use a more obvious color scheme.

Text is gray, when it should default to a black. (That one’s for Nobs)
    (This one seems to be minichat specific, the text is mostly fine on the forum post side of the software)

Forum segments are huge, a lot of wasted white space which could be used to display the other subforums on the main page.

Images do not adhere to the center alignment. Text will center properly, but images remain aligned to the left. (I thought this one was fixed, but apparently not – works fine on firefox on my laptop, but not on chrome on my desktop)

Nobuyuki
    Participant

Nil Admirari wrote:

Text is gray, when it should default to a black. (That one’s for Nobus)

If this is black, make it darker. S’hard on the old peepers.

(Seemes to be dark enough in the composing window, btw)

Anonymous

Nil Admirari wrote:

Avatars too small/weird ring reduces visibility.

Forum segments are huge, a lot of wasted white space which could be used to display the other subforums on the main page.

Avatars can probably be changed to squares to crop less off (going back and forth with developer) but probably not going to change in thread, this was one of the aesthetics of the theme itself, hence why if you click on someone’s name in a thread, it brings up a mini profile with all of their info.

Nil Admirari wrote:

Awkward scaling of header section on resolutions smaller than 1280×1024.

No Kiyone in the header image ;)

“New Posts” are represented by gray images amidst a sea of gray images, which doesn’t stand out nearly as well as the green notifications from the forum software previous. Could use a more obvious color scheme.

Text is gray, when it should default to a black. (That one’s for Nobs) (This one seems to be minichat specific, the text is mostly fine on the forum post side of the software)

These are being worked on

Nil Admirari wrote:

Images do not adhere to the center alignment. Text will center properly, but images remain aligned to the left. (I thought this one was fixed, but apparently not – works fine on firefox on my laptop, but not on chrome on my desktop)

I’m on chrome on my desktop and it works fine, if anybody else has this problem please post browser, but otherwise it should be fixed.

Nil Admirari
    none
    A pretty bad design choice more than anything else – There’s no indication you’ve received a PM. I had to click my name at the top right for it to show me I had a message. If I didn’t look at my email this morning, I would have never realized I had a PM and never looked. We really need to find a way to fix that.

EDIT: Also, the “users online” portion never stays open on refresh. Should be open by default to save people an additional click every time they want to see.

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    One feature that I immediately miss from the old setup was having a “Forum Index” link at the bottom of the page no matter where you were on the site. It was especially convenient when reading posts in the forum, as instead of having to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to click the home button (as is the case now) you could just scroll down half a centimeter and one was right there. Tis picky, I know, but it’s the first thing I noticed. Keep up the good work, boffins!
    wwwwhhhhoooo
    none
    Loving the design and the functions. Being nit-picky, I liked the way the social media icons when clicked used to open respective site (fb, twitter, etc.) in a separate tab rather than navigating you away from the forum.
    I really love the new website design! The layout and color scheme are very calming on the eyes and I really dig the clean, modern look.

The only thing I really miss from the old design was the link at the top of the page for the news section of the website. (The link used to be alongside additional links for “forum”, “media”, and “shop”. Here is a link for further clarification: https://tenchiforum.com/ )

Otherwise, well done you guys! Thanks for all of your hard work! mmhmm1

Nil Admirari
    none

Daydreamwalker wrote:

I really love the new website design! The layout and color scheme are very calming on the eyes and I really dig the clean, modern look.

The only thing I really miss from the old design was the link at the top of the page for the news section of the website. (The link used to be alongside additional links for “forum”, “media”, and “shop”. Here is a link for further clarification: https://tenchiforum.com/ )

Otherwise, well done you guys! Thanks for all of your hard work! mmhmm1

That portion of the website is temporarily disconnected while we do some further work. We may look at placing a simple button somewhere for the time being, but that section of the site has a few broken bits that we’re working on replacing/fixing. Thanks for enjoying, and hang on while we keep working away!

Nobuyuki
    Participant
    I can’t post in mini- chat.

Granted, some may consider that a blessing.

Nil Admirari
    none

Nobuyuki wrote:

I can’t post in mini- chat.

Granted, some may consider that a blessing.

GaianKnight mentioned similar issues. I sometimes have trouble getting chat updates unless I refresh the page, but nobody else seemed to have said anything so I figured the issue was isolated. We’ll take a look into it.

Nobuyuki
    Participant

Nil Admirari wrote:

I sometimes have trouble getting chat updates unless I refresh the page,

Got that, too.

SnowQueen
    it seem’s like everything is all wonky when using Internet Explorer (i hate it as a broswer but at the library I have no choice lol) The colors are off and the chat is totally broken and all weird looking. Just saying this as a heads up for people who use Internet Explorer.
    Nil Admirari
    none

SnowQueen wrote:

it seem’s like everything is all wonky when using Internet Explorer (i hate it as a broswer but at the library I have no choice lol) The colors are off and the chat is totally broken and all weird looking. Just saying this as a heads up for people who use Internet Explorer.

Sounds like the library has a very antiquated edition of IE running, one that’s less compliant with modern code standards. I was not able to replicate any bugs using IE10, which is a version behind the current one. Other than the colors in the banner looking slightly washed out.

http://i.min.us/ib2Bf1q880XEF7.png" />

Left is IE10, right is Chrome.

Do you know what version they’re running?

SnowQueen
    Oh the library uses 9 i believe. How did you copy the screen so I can show you what I mean?
    Nil Admirari
    none

SnowQueen wrote:

Oh the library uses 9 i believe. How did you copy the screen so I can show you what I mean?

Hit Print Screen, then use this site to paste the contents. It will generate a link for you to share.

SnowQueen
    I can’t even use the link you gave me because the javascript is out of date. Oh well. I was able to get one of the few computers with chrome on here (only 1-2 computers in the whole damn place lol) Anyway this is what it did look like on my end on Internet Explorer~

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1d/e4/84/1de484b100e4c593fac28d12c19a5e7d.jpg" />

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c8/88/86/c888869bbb0135edb92da47247a1e12a.jpg" />

Sorry it took so long to respond I had to do it the long and complicated way. Kiyofacepalm1

Nil Admirari
    none

SnowQueen wrote:

I can’t even use the link you gave me because the javascript is out of date. Oh well. I was able to get one of the few computers with chrome on here (only 1-2 computers in the whole damn place lol) Anyway this is what it did look like on my end on Internet Explorer~

Sorry it took so long to respond I had to do it the long and complicated way. Kiyofacepalm1

This is something we won’t be able to fix unfortunately, due to the age of IE9. The new theme uses HTML5 code, which IE9 scores poorly in rendering tests for. It scores under half of what modern Chrome, Firefox and even IE10/11 do. Because of that, it will have errors such as those. The only way to fix it would be to tell your library to get more computers with updated browsers, and I don’t know how they’d take to that haha.

SnowQueen
    Will do. I don’t know why the hell they keep it anyway. lol I tried to download Chrome into a lot of computers but it has some security I can’t seem to pass. Lol Oh well Internet Explorers stinks.
    GaianKnight
    Participant
    Just outta curiosity, not a bug, but a query. Is any of that fluff stuff like post ranks, kuddos points or whatever they were, and that stuff, going to come back? Or was it all just fluff everyone else got tired of. Just curious. mmhmm1
    Anonymous

GaianKnight wrote:

Just outta curiosity, not a bug, but a query. Is any of that fluff stuff like post ranks, kuddos points or whatever they were, and that stuff, going to come back? Or was it all just fluff everyone else got tired of. Just curious. mmhmm1

As cool as Karma points were, it has been replaced with the Like/Dislike system, as it is more functional and the original mod did not play well with others, lol.

Post and Special ranks are still there (you can see them via the mini profile when you click on someone’s avatar in a thread) but the progress bar is gone.

Many of the mods were not able to make the jump simply because they have long since been abandoned and stopped being supported and updated.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Query: the karma option in the user control panel is still there, but leads to a dead link. Is that to be fixed or forgotten when the forum was updated and the button was left there?
    Nil Admirari
    none

Ukinojo92 wrote:

Query: the karma option in the user control panel is still there, but leads to a dead link. Is that to be fixed or forgotten when the forum was updated and the button was left there?

Karma is an outdated plugin we used to use that has since been replaced by “Likes”. Thanks for catching that.

Yukinojo
    Participant
    none
    Are the novels and manga section of the site still being worked on or do we have to go back to the old forum to view, I understand if it is to much to take all the manga and novels and place them here, just wanted clarity.
    The-Kaiser
    Participant
    I notice sometimes on the chat it takes a long time for it to show messages unless I hit F5 or type something if no-ones said anything for awile.
    Yukinojo
    Participant
    none

The-Kaiser wrote:

I notice sometimes on the chat it takes a long time for it to show messages unless I hit F5 or type something if no-ones said anything for awile.

Yeah, that bug has been there since the mchat was made, it’s not just you

• Viewing 70 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.