Character Kameo’s

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Character Kameo’s

• This topic is empty.
    Okay this is more of a Wait…what? thing. But this past Saturday while I was watching Adult Swim, they played a new episode of Durara (which is pretty good by the way) or however many R’s are in the title. While watching this episode I could have sworn that Isaac and Miria from Baccano made a brief appearance.

For reference, this is the couple in question.

http://www.animecrazy.net/forums/members/u22049/ganon7987-albums-favorite-characters-picture147934-issac-miria-baccano.jpg" />

Has anyone seen this and can anyone confirm this. I had to take a minute to see if what I just saw was real or not. :D

Please feel free to point out any other kameo’s that you notice.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Replies
      Nobuyuki
      Participant

ryokofan21 wrote:

Okay this is more of a Wait…what? thing. But this past Saturday while I was watching Adult Swim, they played a new episode of Durara (which is pretty good by the way) or however many R’s are in the title. While watching this episode I could have sworn that Isaac and Miria from Baccano made a brief appearance.

Because they do- they even called each other by name. ;)

Durarara!! and Baccano! were released by the same studio. It’s common to see cameo appearances in terms of advertising.

http://files.xboxic.com/nintendo-ds/easter-eggs/eggszelda64.jpg" />

I rest my case.

Anonymous
      Kiyone’s appearance at the end of the Dual! Special is one of the most noted such cameos of one character

from one series making a cameo in another series.Another very famous cameo appearance is our favorite female bookworm:Yomiko Readman,who makes a surprise appearance in an episode of Kamichu.(Anyone seen it and know the exact

episode where Yomiko makes her brief appearance?)

Re-watching Wedding Peach ep.27 on Wednesday I noticed the boy on the bus in Momoko’s flashback when she tells Yuri and Hinagiku about seeing Yanigba and the girl with the umbrella,looks a bit like the character

Melvin from Sailor Moon.I don’t know if it were intentional or not,though I do know that some of the same people worked on the production staffs of both Sailor Moon and Wedding Peach so it might have been a

subtle injoke by one of the animators.

Tenchi’s teacher in ‘Tenchi in Tokyo’- in both character only, as the VA had other stuff to do- is none other than Masamichi Fujisawa from ‘El Hazard’. His original VA? He was too busy accusing Tenchi of getting so hard up that he slept with a mummy.
      Of course we all know about the famous scene at the end of Dual episode 14 with Kiyone,etc.

In Silent Mobius,the episode Mobius Klein includes a scene where Katsumi’s soon to be mother is seen

talking with one of the main characters from the ova series Compiler.

Sparkle
      I like that episode of Gurren Lagann where the old Gainax girls are bunny beast men, Rei and the other evangelism girl is there too :3 Asuka or something?
      Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes had the few obvious Nintendo cameos from save card readings (“SUPER MARIO SUUUUUNSHIIIIIINE!!!”) to the bobble heads (get a 1UP from shooting Yoshi). But there’s a couple people seem to miss from the developers themselves. As the game was developed by Silicon Knights, really the only things you’ll see in here are from their hallmark title ‘Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem’.

-One such cameo is of Alexandra Roivas, the central protagonist of ‘Eternal Darkness’. She was (if you aligned yourself correctly in the previous title) quite a badass who wouldn’t take a sanity hit when fighting the minions of the Old Gods. She knew how to defend herself… and here’s what she relegated to:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mgstts_020504_x5in.jpg" />

Real classy, Alex. You saved the world from the Old Gods, but you just HAD to go pose for girly mags? Geez…

-‘Eternal Darkness’, although not a commercial success, was an underground hit, scoring itself a few awards and accolades. It was also noted for some of its mind messing if your sanity level was too low (ie- erasing your saves, showing a video for the next game coming out at an inopportune moment… you get the idea). The game itself is getting renewed interest thanks to the Two Best Friends on Youtube doing their playthrough of it. I wonder who else could be looking it up right now…?

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/mgstts_020504_x15.jpg" />

Well now- looks like it got Solid Snake’s attention. Too bad Unreal had to be a bunch of dickheads and hamper their progress.

I haven’t seen this myself but there is a famous scene in the series KamiChu that features Yomiko Readman

from R.O.D.

I think I mentioned earlier that a character from another of Asamiya Kia’s titles shows up in the Silent Mobius

episode Mobius Klein.The character in question who is talking to Fuyuka(Katsumi’s mother)is Assembler from

the Compiler anime.

I also don’t know if this counts,but in the episode Labyrnth when Yuki and Toohru are having the ‘discussion’

on making coffee(actually it’s Yuki lecturing him)the magical girl series playing on the tv screen appears to be

a scene from Corrector Yui,a series which,IIRC Katsumi herself seems to have been a big fan of.(Though I don’t think it counts as a character cameo more like a sly plug).

chucklocker
      Participant
      none
      Well guess what Jinnai reads in his spare time while in El Hazard…

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff178/chucklocker/Tenchi%20Stuff/ElHazard_zpseed895bf.png" />

Also, in this same episode one of the bugrom is explicitly named Tenchi 😆

The-Kaiser
      Participant
      http://media.tumblr.com/4a81d776c7aaf9d7a809a82d341dedc8/tumblr_inline_mqty7l6HP01qz4rgp.png" />

Any chance this counts?

What looks like Spock in Tenchi Muyo ^_^

*Bump*

Question does Mokona’s appearances in the various CLAMPverse titles count?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.